refund

bubsey

interesting , mostly useless responses from the message board, I expected more..my feeling is if you are paying about $1000 per night you should expect to be able to sleep, i'm sure it wasn't the first time oceania has visited livornia and should be able to control the situation better then they did, at any rate, thank you for all the nonsense

Nonsense, are you kidding me. As I said before, you should have requested some form of compensation. How outrageous of Oceania to allow that other ship of discharging such fowl stench. I would have left the ship:eek:

Dominicks-Steakhouse-Rooftop-Poolside-Dining.jpg

What a relief that the Clothing Optional Pool, Restaurant & Spa were moved to Deck 13 following that tragic zipper incident...

144629.jpg2509628963995829.JPG?0.05423582739552535

Where do I sign up for the clothing optional dinner? Reminds me of the old free sprit days of the sixties.

Although I get so much good information on these threads from O regulars that I will never stop reading them; occasionally I read posts that seem silly and too involved with small stuff by the "entitled". I still wonder whether the OP here is for real but this is one of my favorite threads in a long time. So really do keep the "nonsense" coming.

Not to shut down the fun in this thread, but one general question that comes to mind, is this: when you close you balcony door, is it true that you would not smell the smoke and stench coming from the next ship? And if you walked the halls, or sat in the dining room or the lounges, would you smell it? Obviously the open deck areas would be rather undesirable at that time.

Although I get so much good information on these threads from O regulars that I will never stop reading them; occasionally I read posts that seem silly and too involved with small stuff by the "entitled". I still wonder whether the OP here is for real but this is one of my favorite threads in a long time. So really do keep the "nonsense" coming.

I think this needs to be shared on the Regent Threads with dress code issues.:D

With little choice after facing a class action on behalf of the passengers who experienced an unpleasant evening in Livorno due to the smoky and noisy ship docked next to Oceania's ship, Oceania reports that is in the process of attempting to acquire six naval surplus fast attack submarines to accompany its ships on all future cruises.

Any neighboring ship that has a negative impact on the experience of Oceania's guests, whether in port or at sea, will be given one warning to cease and desist, after which it will be torpedoed.

If the submarines are unavailable, frogmen will be sent to attach limpet mines to the hull of the offending ship.

No word yet on exactly how Oceania will handle similar unpleasant smoke and noise emanating from shore facilities, but there is a rumor that the company is refitting each of its ships with a heli-pad and pursuing the availability of surplus Vietnam-era attack helicopters...

With little choice after facing a class action on behalf of the passengers who experienced an unpleasant evening in Livorno due to the smoky and noisy ship docked next to Oceania's ship, Oceania reports that is in the process of attempting to acquire six naval surplus fast attack submarines to accompany its ships on all future cruises.

Any neighboring ship that has a negative impact on the experience of Oceania's guests, whether in port or at sea, will be given one warning to cease and desist, after which it will be torpedoed.

If the submarines are unavailable, frogmen will be sent to attach limpet mines to the hull of the offending ship.

No word yet on exactly how Oceania will handle similar unpleasant smoke and noise emanating from shore facilities, but there is a rumor that the company is refitting each of its ships with a heli-pad and pursuing the availability of surplus Vietnam-era attack helicopters...

LOL:p

I heard it a little different -- I heard that Oceania is no longer going to dock anywhere, but travel in circles so guests can sleep peacefully. Oh, wait, that's one of those new mega ships that can't dock anywhere...:p

bubsey,

It is not surprising that you got nonsensical and juvenile responses to your post. There are many responders who seem to relish putting down others.

What do you expect. Stupid post gets stupid responses.

oceanbill457:

Please tell us how Oceania was in any way responsible for, or what they could have done about, bubsey's unpleasant last-night experience. Keep your sliding door shut and use earplugs (which should always be brought on vacation, since hotels often have the same problem). This was totally unexpected, unlike a hotel that knows there will be next-door construction during your stay and fails to warn you in advance.

The post was ridiculed (in fun) because it was indeed ridiculous. That being said, we were lampooning the fairness of the complaint and not attacking bubsey personally.

bubsey,

It is not surprising that you got nonsensical and juvenile responses to your post. There are many responders who seem to relish putting down others.

I forget, what was your nonsensical and childless response? Oh yes, yourmpost:rolleyes:

bubsey,

Hmm. None of us put down Bubsey, but you sure tried to put all of us down!

Archived