Embassy Suites, One Gallery, or Marriott?

I object 2

We are flying into FLL two days before our flight to Europe and would appreciate lodging recommendations. Sightseeing, shopping and beach time are the plans for our stay. I've read good reviews for Embassy Suites, One Gallery by Double Tree, and Marriott on Trip Advisor. What has been your experience or do you have other recommendations? Pros/cons are appreciated!

Jan

Harbor Beach Marriott? It is the most luxurious of all of the hotels that you ask about, but it is a further walk to things than the other hotels. It is one of only a few hotels on Fort Lauderdale beach, and it is a true resort property. It is only a short ride from there to shopping or sightseeing, and it is on the SunTrolley route. I live in Fort Lauderdale, and I haven't stayed in any of the hotels...I've just visited.

We're booked into the Gallery One for our November 2013 cruise. We've never stayed there before but were attracted to the fact that it's on the canal system so you can take the water taxi and it's next to the Galleria Mall for shopping! We're arriving on U.S. Thanksgiving and will be at the Mall for Black Friday! :D We didn't feel that we needed to be at a resort as we'll be boarding the Eclipse on the Saturday!

We stayed at Gallery One two days pre-cruise last winter.

Their rooms really are suites, with nice living areas, kitchen and seperate bedroom. The front desk folks were very helpful with recommending a place to eat that was not a chain restaruant. we ate breakfast in thier cafe , nice variety for their buffet or order off menu. Service was great.

Loved their patio area and having a water taxi stop at their doorstep. We took it for an evening ride to a restaruant for dinner.

The Galleria mall is a couple of blocks away, easy walking. Across the street from Galleria Mall is a publix( grocery store) where we brought wine for our cruise.

We met some other cruises at the hotel and shared a van and the cost to the port.

We are plannng to stay there again in Jan before our cruise.

We stayed at Gallery One two days pre-cruise last winter.

Their rooms really are suites, with nice living areas, kitchen and seperate bedroom. The front desk folks were very helpful with recommending a place to eat that was not a chain restaruant. we ate breakfast in thier cafe , nice variety for their buffet or order off menu. Service was great.

Loved their patio area and having a water taxi stop at their doorstep. We took it for an evening ride to a restaruant for dinner.

The Galleria mall is a couple of blocks away, easy walking. Across the street from Galleria Mall is a publix( grocery store) where we brought wine for our cruise.

We met some other cruises at the hotel and shared a van and the cost to the port.

We are plannng to stay there again in Jan before our cruise.

Thanks for posting this - we are staying in December. Good to know that Publix is nearby for the wine run! We are on HAL and not limited to one bottle each. :)

I booked a place called Alhambra beach resort in Fort Lauderdale. It has the best reviews on trip advisor. The prices are way cheaper then the big name hotels and it has better reviews! Great location and 10 dollar cab ride to port.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I booked a place called Alhambra beach resort in Fort Lauderdale. It has the best reviews on trip advisor. The prices are way cheaper then the big name hotels and it has better reviews! Great location and 10 dollar cab ride to port.

If you haven't stayed there before, probably not a good idea to suggest to others to stay there.

If you haven't stayed there before, probably not a good idea to suggest to others to stay there.

I've had friends and family stay here... And they have loved it!! It's the only place they will stay.

Archived