Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

In Italy, Caffè Americano is made by adding hot water to espresso in order to create a beverage that approaches the taste of coffee we're accustomed to in the US.

Lew

Thus the name "Americano"

$50.00 half day, someone posted a pic.

They look great. When I book the Royal I may have to try one of these just to give it a try.:)

My card from my April cruise on the Ruby has the date of the cruise on the back of the card. Don't know if the baristas pay any attention to it or not - kind of think they don't because they don't take your card to punch until they are handing you your order.

I would think this might help the folks who miss the aft pool for quiet reading. Of course you don't get the wake view but one can't have everything. A quiet retreat for reading and relaxing without MUTS, etc. is important to many.

There are pics showing loungers on Promenade deck aft view, both port and starboard. Looks quiet for reading or sea gazing. Hope this helps...

Sue

In Italy, Caffè Americano is made by adding hot water to espresso in order to create a beverage that approaches the taste of coffee we're accustomed to in the US.

Lew

Thanks for the answer. Now, I will know what to order in Venice.:)

Absolutely shocked by the furniture in the inside cabin. Looks like a motel 6

Not that I have been there but....brand new gorgeous ship and no style at all.

Was wondering why there were no pre-views of the standard cabins:confused: Just can't belief they went for the same old fashioned style again in the cabins and then still have small bathrooms with the shower curtains:eek:

Plus t.v does not swivel.

You just do not expect that on a modern ship. Especially as Princess is so much dearer then a line like Celebrity who can provide a lovely ambiance cabin, spacious bathroom and larger balcony.

But then Princess pools and shows are usually better and makes up for that a bit.

Absolutely shocked by the furniture in the inside cabin. Looks like a motel 6

Not that I have been there but....brand new gorgeous ship and no style at all.

Since you have supposedly never been in a Motel 6, how can you compare? The cabins are very nicely and tastefully furnished. Perhaps you would prefer Carnival's styling? It is a very stylish ship but maybe not to your liking. I am sure you prefer Las Vegas type to sophisticated elegance. To each its own. If you feel that I am harsh, please be aware that you are hijacking a thread in a very negative way, so I am not the bad news messenger, just replying to thoughtless comments in a forum where it is not appropriate.

Shogun, please disregard shopperwhite's and waikehean's unthoughtful comments, and let us know more! The ship, to most of us, is gorgeous and I am quite sure will be fun to sail on. Please do not let the naysayers and the negative comments from some detract you from reporting from the beautiful Royal. Thanks... We wish we were sailing on her now!

'

Was wondering why there were no pre-views of the standard cabins:confused: Just can't belief they went for the same old fashioned style again in the cabins and then still have small bathrooms with the shower curtains:eek:

You just do not expect that on a modern ship. Especially as Princess is so much dearer then a line like Celebrity who can provide a lovely ambiance cabin, spacious bathroom and larger balcony.

But then Princess pools and shows are usually better and makes up for that a bit.

Pam has posted many times about the foot of her Celebrity bed being only 11" from the wall...that's a better cabin? Or maybe the small analog TV on the Navigator of the Sea with $12.99 pay per view movies with the oldest having been released 25 years ago?

No TV swivel? I've read that it's the largest standard TV on any cruise ship & it appears to be viewable from most of the cabin so not a major issue for me.

Don't like "the same old fashioned style again in the cabins" with it's casual elegance that many enjoy then there are other options on other cruise lines. Princess has always said that the design would be "evolutionary & not revolutionary" and based on everything I've seen they have accomplished their goals.

It's impossible to build a ship that will make everyone completely happy including me but I like the overwhelming majority of things on the Royal & eagerly look forward to my 18 day TA in October.

There are so many cruise lines' ships to choose from so there should be something for everyone. ;)

My card from my April cruise on the Ruby has the date of the cruise on the back of the card. Don't know if the baristas pay any attention to it or not - kind of think they don't because they don't take your card to punch until they are handing you your order.

If they are going to do a punch, they do not care how old the card is. They will only look at the date/voyage number if you are asking for the free fresh brewed option.

Could you tell me what an Americano coffee is please. I just like a good cup of coffee with all the caffeine and cream. Thanks:D

This was explained somewhat humorously by juakkers in post #145

Had an interesting experience in the for-charge coffee place in the pastry shop. They don't have a filter/brewed coffee machine as yet and I only drink it black so I asked if he could do an Americano. He told me couldnt as they only did espresso so I asked if he could put some hot water in the espresso and he said yes! First time I have had to tell a barista how to make an Americano - is it just me or is that a bit odd? He clearly thought I was mad. Even if he didn't know the name I thought he would understand about adding water. Maybe I am mad?

Julie

being someone new to cruising i was pleasantly surprised at the cabins. We were in a standard balcony and to be honest i don't think i would want to pay the extra for a deluxe. The room was plenty big enough and although compact the showers and bathroom were fine. I used the area outside the bathroom to get dried though as i don't like to get dressed where i shower. There was no need for the TV to swivel as you could see it from the chairs by the balcony.

Finally got our guarantee room assignment and I'm nervous this is one of the rooms that can be seen from the seawalk. Not too happy if it is.

Hi CarolWDW,

BFF & I have the same situation on Baja. Given the layout of the extended balconies, I think people will only be able to see the edge of the balcony, if anything at all. I'm just telling myself that with three decks of visible balconies above us, there will undoubtedly be something more interesting for people to gawk at than two old broads from Indiana!

On the plus side - the stateroom is roomy and has an extra large extended balcony.

My hope is that Princess will put some type of "filter" on part of the "floor windows" of the SeaWalk and the SeaView Bar so the view is limited to the sea and the Promenade area 8 decks down.

Can anyone onboard confirm the sightlines for the extended balcony staterooms. Thank you so much.

Been wondering if the drapes that are tied back on the 4 corners of the cabana can be pulled together - thereby blocking the sun ... and also the view of people on the loungers?

We were on the Preview and it was rather cold when I had a wander around the deck but it did look as if the curtains could be closed on the cabanas. If this is the case then it would certainly affect the general ambience and views around the adult pool area.

I really hope someone who is aboard now ( and hopefully enjoying some sunshine) can confirm if the curtains can be closed.

Hi CarolWDW' date='

My hope is that Princess will put some type of "filter" on part of the "floor windows" of the SeaWalk and the SeaView Bar so the view is limited to the sea and the Promenade area 8 decks down.[/quote']

Having read this thread from the beginning, this is the first mention that anyone has made about the SeaView Bar on the other side of the ship. I would expect that this will be a very popular spot for sunset & people watching in warmer climates. Any reports from on-board? :confused:

I have been watching what people are looking at when on the skywalk, and apart from hanging on to the handrail for dear life in case they magically fell through the glass, 99% are looking out to sea, .5% look down to the sea and the other .5% have their eyes closed. When people look at the balconies, including myself, it is only a glance - it seems folks are just not interested at staring at those sitting outside.

I have been watching what people are looking at when on the skywalk, and apart from hanging on to the handrail for dear life in case they magically fell through the glass, 99% are looking out to sea, .5% look down to the sea and the other .5% have their eyes closed. When people look at the balconies, including myself, it is only a glance - it seems folks are just not interested at staring at those sitting outside.

SwissDave - I said from the beginning that the Skywalk side of the ship probably wouldn't be a problem because people would just walk through but if I were sitting in one of those comfy chairs ( not the bar stools but the chairs and tables) next to the Seaview Bar I might be looking down for a much more extended period of time.

What has your experience been with that?

SwissDave - I said from the beginning that the Skywalk side of the ship probably wouldn't be a problem because people would just walk through but if I were sitting in one of those comfy chairs ( not the bar stools but the chairs and tables) next to the Seaview Bar I might be looking down for a much more extended period of time.

What has your experience been with that?

When we went up after muster on the 2nd preview cruise, they had moved the sofas and chairs off the Seaview bar on the walk side and dotted them around the bar instead. So you couldn't sit n' stare.

When we went up after muster on the 2nd preview cruise, they had moved the sofas and chairs off the Seaview bar on the walk side and dotted them around the bar instead. So you couldn't sit n' stare.

The last few days it seems they have removed the chairs and tables from that side. When on the barstools you cant see anything.

Good decision!

It looked like a relaxing place to have a drink but not really fair to those with balconies under it.

Thank you so much SwissDave for posting to let us know this. :)

Hope you are enjoying this leg of your cruise - the weather showing on the bridge cam certainly seems an improvement over that of Southampton.

Again, thank you for taking some of your holiday to ease the minds of those in the affected mini-suites!

Kay

Finally got our guarantee room assignment and I'm nervous this is one of the rooms that can be seen from the seawalk. Not too happy if it is.

Thats the chance you take with a "gauranteed cabin" - they can put you anywhere on the ship and as long as its the grade you booked or higher you have no cause for complaint. I have had some fabulous "upgrades" by booking a gauranteed cabin.

Archived