Hi There

The Promenade Deck on the Royal is not for walking,

its for relaxing on with some nice teak seats,

its for watching the world sail by

for getting the sea air,

for enjoying your cruise on

etc etc

yours Shogun

Hmmmmm, I'm thinking something like "Sydonyabut" deck!!

A promenade is often defined as "a stroll or walk, especially in a public place..." Or "an area used for such walking." (Dictionary.com). Similarly the same dictionary defines a "promenade deck" as "an upper deck or part of a deck on a passenger ship where passengers can stroll, often covered with a light shade deck."

You can stroll (or walk) inside on the promenade deck, so it is still a promenade deck, just with an inside promenade.

Wanted to 'save' Post #10,000 as a THANK YOU for all of those who gave up so much of their precious shipboard vacation time to report LIVE from Royal Princess on this thread and on Carole's thread, who have provided and continue to provide detailed personal accounts of their actual experiences while cruising aboard Royal Princess in their reports after they returned, and to those who will follow in their footsteps with more LIVE reports and reviews in the future.

THANK YOU!!! :D

123 Days and counting, and still Looking Forward to Everything Royal Princess!!! :D:D:D

Wanted to 'save' Post #10,000 as a THANK YOU for all of those who gave up so much of their precious shipboard vacation time to report LIVE from Royal Princess on this thread and on Carole's thread, who have provided and continue to provide detailed personal accounts of their actual experiences while cruising aboard Royal Princess in their reports after they returned, and to those who will follow in their footsteps with more LIVE reports and reviews in the future.

123 Days and counting, and still Looking Forward to Everything Royal Princess!!! :D:D:D

Nice post Dave :) I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to post great info! I am in withdrawal because it appears that no one is doing a "Live" thread from the 07/29 to 08/10 cruise :eek:

I echo you sentiments exactly!!

I am at 101 days and counting!!!;);)

Very thoughtful of you, David. I'm in double-digit countdown mode now, but the number is still WAU too high! :rolleyes:

I know this is off topic, but I've finally booked my cabin on the Royal Princess, January 26, 2014. How does M123 sound? I think it has the glass balcony instead of the steel. Does anyone know? Very happy either way, I haven't booked a balcony in years, but the price for this was going to be the same as an inside.

Thanks again Dave! I am in NY now, awaiting my flight home to NC. Our group all had major withdrawal from the Royal. She is such a beauty and everyone I talked to on board loved her too. And the Bellinis...Yum!!!;)

I know this is off topic, but I've finally booked my cabin on the Royal Princess, January 26, 2014. How does M123 sound? I think it has the glass balcony instead of the steel. Does anyone know? Very happy either way, I haven't booked a balcony in years, but the price for this was going to be the same as an inside.
How many posts on this thread would be considered on topic?

Your cruise comes sooner than mine. I guess we just have to cruise vicariously through other CC members till then.

I've been cruising vicariously through Dave, Pam, and Pia, amongst others, for quite some time now! :rolleyes:

Hi Benny!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's about time you joined us. ;) lol

Here is your very own cabin locator 'arrow'...:D

9411292833_2a54d97aff_b.jpg

Thanks again Dave! I am in NY now, awaiting my flight home to NC. Our group all had major withdrawal from the Royal. She is such a beauty and everyone I talked to on board loved her too. And the Bellinis...Yum!!!;)

So glad you had such a wonderful time on Royal Princess!!! And even happier now that I booked her as a B2B now that those days seem to go by so very quickly. And by the sounds of it I may have to increase my Bellini 'allowance' money. lol :D

Thanks for the arrow Dave!!! How wonderful to finally have my own. That cabin is a good deal since it doesn't have the obstruction but is the price of one with the obstruction. :D

You will also like that it is near the forward stairs...the lack of central staircase won't affect you if you want to walk up a flight or two to the buffet or Retreat Pool. To me that looks like a great choice!

Look at all the loungers in the shade.

I took photos of the pools on sea days at mid-day and they looked like this. As I said, some of the complaints about this ship are legit (lack of promenade deck, no central staircase, etc) but the "no loungers in the shade by the pool" one was way over-hyped!

Look at all the loungers in the shade.

I took photos of the pools on sea days at mid-day and they looked like this. As I said, some of the complaints about this ship are legit (ex: lack of promenade deck, no central staircase, no outside cabins) but the "no loungers in the shade by the pool" one was way over-hyped!

So glad you had such a wonderful time on Royal Princess!!! And even happier now that I booked her as a B2B now that those days seem to go by so very quickly. And by the sounds of it I may have to increase my Bellini 'allowance' money. lol :D

Dave...you will be VERY glad you booked as a B to B. No kidding, it took me two to three days before I really got accustomed to her layout, and I am pretty familiar with Princess ships. But we started off with four ports in a row full day stops, so not as much chance to explore.

Where is your cabin, if you don't mind me asking?

You will also like that it is near the forward stairs...the lack of central staircase won't affect you if you want to walk up a flight or two to the buffet or Retreat Pool. To me that looks like a great choice!

Hi Carole, I did think of the forward location when we decided on this cabin. I always take the stairs as dose my partner, so it is great to be near the forward stairwell. How did you know that I was likely to want to be at the Retreat Pool too, it looks like the perfect place to read and relax, especially under the shaded areas. :D

Archived