Breakfast & lunch menus

Rosefloater

New to Princess. Have some questions about food.

1. Are there any pictures of the Breakfast menu in the MDR?

2. At the buffet, what juices are available at breakfast?

3. Are there any pictures of the Lunch menu in the MDR?

4. Besides water, what drinks are available all day in the buffet?

TIA

2. Orange, apple, tomato, prune, probably others. Ask for what you want
I always ask for cranberry juice. :) FYI, juice and beverages are part of the buffet tableside service. When you sit down, someone will be at your table quickly to take any coffee/tea and juice requests.

I always ask for cranberry juice. :) FYI, juice and beverages are part of the buffet tableside service. When you sit down, someone will be at your table quickly to take any coffee/tea and juice requests.

This part of Princess service in the buffet was really missed by us on our first Celebrity cruise last month. It is really nice on Princess to sit down with your plate of food and have the tableware on the table, not in my pocket, then have the beverage of choice order taken and delivered very rapidly while I begin eating the food and it is still hot. No standing in a line at some beverage area waiting for someone to stir their cup of something exactly 23 1/4 stirs. I just love the beverage service as you can tell.:D

New to Princess. Have some questions about food.

1. Are there any pictures of the Breakfast menu in the MDR?

2. At the buffet, what juices are available at breakfast?

Other responders forgot my favourite: grapefruit juice!

3. Are there any pictures of the Lunch menu in the MDR?

4. Besides water, what drinks are available all day in the buffet?

TIA

A quick search found this thread, which has a photo of the breakfast menu from 2011 -- doubt it's changed much since then. I didn't read the entire thread; someone also posted asking about lunch menus and there may be a photo of an example on page 2 or 3. The lunch menu changes each sea day (not served in the MDR on port days), but the standouts to me are the clam chowder and the calamari. MmmmMmmm Good.

This part of Princess service in the buffet was really missed by us on our first Celebrity cruise last month. It is really nice on Princess to sit down with your plate of food and have the tableware on the table, not in my pocket, then have the beverage of choice order taken and delivered very rapidly while I begin eating the food and it is still hot. No standing in a line at some beverage area waiting for someone to stir their cup of something exactly 23 1/4 stirs. I just love the beverage service as you can tell.:D
Isn't that the truth! I was lucky to find anyone in the Celebrity buffet clearing tables much less helping passengers. I wound up clearing a table for myself among the 6-7 empty tables covered with dirty plates.

A quick search found this thread, which has a photo of the breakfast menu from 2011 -- doubt it's changed much since then. I didn't read the entire thread; someone also posted asking about lunch menus and there may be a photo of an example on page 2 or 3. The lunch menu changes each sea day (not served in the MDR on port days), but the standouts to me are the clam chowder and the calamari. MmmmMmmm Good.
Found this using Google. I think it's the thread Annie is referring to. Here's a link to the post with photos of the breakfast menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27838351&postcount=9

Here's a PDF file with four days of lunch menus which will give you an idea:

http://cruiseweb.com/princess-imagelibrary/princess-4-DayLunchSample.pdf

Found this using Google. I think it's the thread Annie is referring to. Here's a link to the post with photos of the breakfast menu:

Pam any dinner menus. Thanks

They are 2011 but all our dinner menus from the Island are here:

http://panamacanal.pamandjeff.net

Note that the dinner menus changed last Fall and within a couple of months, were modified.

Since there's a topic on drinks... can we get our own lemonade when we want or do we have to request it from a waiter?
Yes, there are drink stations.

Thanks Pam. I knew they had to be posted somewhere, but I couldn't find them.

Yes, there are drink stations.

What drinks are at the drink stations? Is hot chocolate free?

What drinks are at the drink stations? Is hot chocolate free?
Oh, boy... you'd have to ask. :) I never go to the drink station. Coffee, decaf, hot water, and a variety of tea bags in the morning. I think hot chocolate in the morning but don't quote me. The rest of the day and evening, it's coffee, decaf and hot water with tea bags, iced tea and lemonade. I think.

Oh, boy... you'd have to ask. :) I never go to the drink station. Coffee, decaf, hot water, and a variety of tea bags in the morning. I think hot chocolate in the morning but don't quote me. The rest of the day and evening, it's coffee, decaf and hot water with tea bags, iced tea and lemonade. I think.

You can get milk on request, too. On the grand in April I often had a glass of milk with my lunch.

I love the tableside beverage service in the buffet, but I would prefer they don't set out coffee cups, napkins and silverware. Over the course of a morning, at a large table, it's very easy for those things to accumulate germs from people coming and going. They only change out the obviously dirty ones. I almost used a coffee cup that someone had had tea in...I glanced the remains in te bottom of it just as the server was pouring my beverage into it.

Yup. But I haven't done Princess since then to update :)
And I haven't made a note of any of the new menus. On the Diamond last month, we were very surprised at repeated menus, not just an entree but the entire menu, just two days apart. We had several repeated menus on our 16-night cruise. First time I've ever seen this.

We've always had to ask for lemonade on Star/Golden. There isn't a dispenser for it. That may be different on other ships. I don't recall seeing hot chocolate.

On the Sapphire in March in the MDR, they had a specialty hamburger most every evening. This was a large burger, cooked to order. Great for me because I love gourmet burgers cooked rare to medium rare. I'm not sure if this is fleet wide or not as on the Caribbean TA in April only went to the MDR once on a formal night and wasn't impressed because I can't even remember what I had.

Also if you love hot chocolate, the MDR at breakfast has the real thing, made with milk. HC hot chocolate is usually packets of Swiss Miss and hot water.

Also if you love hot chocolate, the MDR at breakfast has the real thing, made with milk. HC hot chocolate is usually packets of Swiss Miss and hot water.

Is hot chocolate free at night? I only drink it at night with a little kahlua or peppermint schnapps added in. The don't mind the powdered stuff.

Is hot chocolate free at night? I only drink it at night with a little kahlua or peppermint schnapps added in. The don't mind the powdered stuff.

Unfortunately I didn't think to check out the availability of hot chocolate on our December cruise. I did pack some Swiss Miss envelopes just in case I get the urge for some, but didn't. (my girl sometimes likes hot chocolate on a cruise, but she'll order it with her card, rather than try to track me down for a package) I know they had plenty of tea bags at the Horizon drink station. And if I don't see a beverage server after sitting down in the Horizon, I might go get my own lemonade (or OJ in the morning).

You can always check out the lunch menu for the MDR by checking outside the dining rooms anytime after breakfast. Same thing for the dinner menus. We didn't go to the MDR for lunch on our last cruise, but we often went to the poolside grill that had the same burgers listed on the lunch menu. You can get your choice of hamburgers, chicken burgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers, with fries.

I love the tableside beverage service in the buffet, but I would prefer they don't set out coffee cups, napkins and silverware. Over the course of a morning, at a large table, it's very easy for those things to accumulate germs from people coming and going. They only change out the obviously dirty ones. I almost used a coffee cup that someone had had tea in...I glanced the remains in te bottom of it just as the server was pouring my beverage into it.

That was my first thought when I read about the buffet service. Do they still do this if there is a noro outbreak?

you may be able to bring some packets to your room from breakfast but I really don't know.

That was my first thought when I read about the buffet service. Do they still do this if there is a noro outbreak?
Yup. If there's a Code Red, you will be handed a plate as you enter the buffet and they watch to make sure you use the Purell. Salt, pepper and sugar are not on the tables.

Archived