Dream - Items Taken from Luggage

maxine10018

I just got off the Dream today. Security went through my luggage on day 1 and took out my rum runner. (ok that was not suppose to be there) and my power strip! They were in different suitcases. What gives? They took my power strip! Do you know how hard it is to keep our 2 iPads and cells phones charges with one little outlet.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I just got off the Dream today. Security went through my luggage on day 1 and took out my rum runner. (ok that was not suppose to be there) and my power strip! They were in different suitcases. What gives? They took my power strip! Do you know how hard it is to keep our 2 iPads and cells phones charges with one little outlet.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

You use those things enough during the week that they need charging?

There is more than one outlet in the cabin

The Dream is the only Carnival ship that took our power strip from our carry on. I went to guest services the next day and showed them on the Carnival web site that if power strips are in good condition they are allowed to no avail. We received it back the last night of the cruise. Never had an issue on any other ship.

That's incorrect that they're not allowed. Carnival reserves the right to take them if they consider them dangerous.

Best place to put a power strip is in your carry on.

I had a extention cord attached to my electric clock so I could put it where I wanted on the desk .. and they unplugged the cord and held it until the end of the cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale..

... it was in my carry on. The xray people took it.

Why would you want to use your iPads and phones that much on a cruise anyway...?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Taking pictures, listening to music, reading a book.... there's plenty of things that a "normal" vacationer will do that a phone/ipad could be used for.

Or they could be self-employed and need to keep in touch with the office back home.

Some people have different needs on vacation, no need to attack or question them because they don't line up with what you consider a vacation.

Obviously they determined that they were not allowed. Nitpick much?

Sorry, wasn't trying to nitpick. I just didn't want somebody else coming along and simply reading your post, and thinking that Carnival will take their power strip no matter what.

Taking pictures, listening to music, reading a book.... there's plenty of things that a "normal" vacationer will do that a phone/ipad could be used for.

Or they could be self-employed and need to keep in touch with the office back home.

Some people have different needs on vacation, no need to attack or question them because they don't line up with what you consider a vacation.

Lol typical person on this site taking my question like it is a all out attack on someone just a opinion not like I started cussing someone out screaming at them.

We had one taken on the Dream as well , but I always carry 2 , plus 2 multi outlets , so no harm .

Well said Coconut

My biggest fear is that my power strip will be taken. I use my iPhone as a clock, alarm and camera and I have my kindle for reading.

I like to charge them all overnight so I need more than outlet. Also, I'm not the only person in the room and other people like to do the same!

This is the power strip that I use. I have never had it taken from me, but I'm always nervous it will be.

mrZ-EqfjeZjPFJ1R8SYZloA.jpg

Cruise ships can only generate a certain amount of power. The number of outlets in the cabins are limited so that the amount of current used per cabin can be controlled.

When power strips are used to change multiple devices, the capacity of the sysytem can be overloaded if other cabins are using power strips to charge multiple items.

As a result, at high use times, when hair dryers, shavers, flat irons, TVs, radios, etc.; are in use, multiple cabins using power strips will overload the system and cause fuses to blow.

Instead of trying to beat the safety margin in place by limiting the number of outlets in the room, try limiting the power usage by leaving home all the gadgets.

If your gadgets are something you can't live without, a cruise may not be the proper vacation for you.

If your gadgets are something you can't live without, a cruise may not be the proper vacation for you.

You live your life the way you choose, and the rest of us will live our lives the way we choose.

Thank You!

I had an extension strip removed but they did not do anything with my 3 Liters of wine! Go figure.

I think if they meant for you to use all those electrical things they would put in two outlets in the cabin. I think they want to discourage you.

LOL on the wine getting thru but not the cord.

5 cruises and never had a power strip taken. We always take our computer so we can transfer our pictures every day from the camera. Yes we take alot of pictures.

Of course we bought a new one and only use it for cruising. It is in excellent condition so they have no reason to take it.

Why would you want to use your iPads and phones that much on a cruise anyway...?

why would you care:confused: this thread reminds me of what cruise critic has become.. UGH..:(

why would you care:confused: this thread reminds me of what cruise critic has become.. UGH..:(

Lol just trying to maybe show the op that perhaps they don't have to keep their work life with them on vacation not forcing anyone to do anything. Speaking of what if has become all I have seen on this site is people blowing other peoples posts out of proportion. All I asked is why need that many devices that's all

We were just off the Dream today as well and I took my power strip in my carry on and nothing was said.....nothing was said either about my 6 rum runners in my checked luggage :-) Im with several of you guys...I charge cameras, cell phones and tablets....we all vacation differently and need devices to bring tons of reviews and pics back...I charged daily {sometimes several times a day} Before the bashing about the rum runners begins.....trust me I spent plenty at the bars as well!!!!

Archived