Holland America secrets they don't tell you about - 2013 edition

Ship's Wake

Then all of those knowledgable folks shoud be posting on this thread.

Does the dining room still have bowls of ginger out for you to take to combat seasickness?

If you want to know something specific, you have to ask. Other than that, how are we to know what kind of "secrets" you mean?

Everything I know about HAL shops was either first-hand experience or learned by reading the threads here. Poke around a bit or ask for specifics.

I will say the hot cocoa in the Explorations Cafe is far better than the cocoa in the Lido, but you have to pay for the good cocoa.

Oh! ! If you are pregnant and craving (I mean CRAVING pineapple) room service will go above and beyond to bring you a huge platter of pineapple cut into hearts and flowers along with a plate of cookies and milk :D I love those DAM ships!

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

Oh! ! If you are pregnant and craving (I mean CRAVING pineapple) room service will go above and beyond to bring you a huge platter of pineapple cut into hearts and flowers along with a plate of cookies and milk :D I love those DAM ships!

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

That sounds so cute!!!

If you want flowers for your cabin, if you order them at the front desk when you board, there are many more choices than if you order ahead. I got some my last cruise- I think there were aover 20 arrangements to pick from and very reasonably priced. My arrangement was 2 feet tall, cost $40 and lasted 2 weeks!

Barring unforeseen emergency, there is a Catholic priest on board every cruise for religious services.

Every cabin category can order room service off the dining room menu.

If there is something you want to eat, but don't see it offered, just ask. If at all possible, it will be made available for you.

Or for Jewish religious holidays there is a Rabbi on board. Not for regular Friday evening servies though

When ordering breakfast from the little hang-on-the-door-the-night-before thingy....check croissant and write in next to it...."chocolate".....YUMMM!!!! ;)

That right there is probalby the best secret I want to know about. :) I love chocolate croissants.

Shows how bad my search skills are--thank you for the links.

Is there a way to delete this?

I'm sorry you are getting so many cranky replies. You could hit the red triangle in the right hand corner and ask the moderators if they can delete it. I don't see the big deal having two threads. There has been many times when there has been multiple threads about something. No biggie.

There is already a thread with almost the same title on this same page. It might be better not to have two going on at once.

The only reason there are two on the same page now is because someone resurected the old one. At the time this post was started the other post was rather old and inactive.