When to start searcing for flights from Britain to toronto

retird

I am on a transatlantic in April 2014 on RCCL ending up in Southampton. When I check for flights from Heathrow to Toronto, I am getting fares around $1600 per person other than IcelanAir which is around 600. In April 2013 I flew from Barcelona to Heathrow and then to toronto on British Airways for 450 per person. I had booked it in January of 2013. Is there a time of the year when prices are better? and should I be waiting until closer to cruise time to look at flights.?

This question is impossible to answer. You never know when airlines launche a special deal or a big saver fare. Could be the first day available, could be the week before you fly or all time in between.

Here's a good tip: Keep looking for fares every day, and when you see a price you like, buy it. That way you'll get a good view of what the prices are. Also note that on busy days (1-2 days before a major event) ticket are much much more expensive. Also try flying odd hours if you want to save a buck or 2. IcelandAir for 600$, I wouldn't doubt for a single second. Because even the 450 you paid last year is a very good deal.

I am on a transatlantic in April 2014 on RCCL ending up in Southampton. When I check for flights from Heathrow to Toronto, I am getting fares around $1600 per person other than IcelanAir which is around 600. In April 2013 I flew from Barcelona to Heathrow and then to toronto on British Airways for 450 per person. I had booked it in January of 2013. Is there a time of the year when prices are better? and should I be waiting until closer to cruise time to look at flights.?

1.Theoretically, they are cheaper during the off season, but April is shoulder season in Europe so I wouldn't count on finding dirt cheap prices. Plus, since airlines often adjust the number of flights depending on the season, you can't necessarily count on finding cheap flights if you do wait for the off season to travel.

2. When should you look? Impossible to say, as there is no magic formula. If there was, then everyone would wait until the magic day to book flights. Airline prices are fluid, and fluctuate according to supply and demand, so if you see a price you can live with, book it. If you keep holding out for a lower price you might get it, or you might end up paying an even higher price.

Your best choice for price will be Air Transat from Gatwick. Might not be your first airline of choice but definitely the cheapest for a one way fare to Toronto. Matter of fact the difference in fare will probably be enough to buy up to Club class and still save $$.

Your best choice for price will be Air Transat from Gatwick. Might not be your first airline of choice but definitely the cheapest for a one way fare to Toronto. Matter of fact the difference in fare will probably be enough to buy up to Club class and still save $$.

We have flown Air Transat before with no problems. Is there good transportation from Southampton cruise port to Gatwick airport?

We have flown Air Transat before with no problems. Is there good transportation from Southampton cruise port to Gatwick airport?

When we did our TA last November, we flew to Gatwick on Air Transat and took the train to Southampton. Its fairly inexpensive and took 2 hours, you just have to be ready to board quickly and you'll have to handle your own bags. I've heard there is a shuttle bus, but we didn't use it, so someone else will have to help you out with info on that option.

Have you checked the pricing using Choice Air? I've never done a one way flight but there are a number of posts indicating that it is sometimes the best deal.

As far as when is the best time, I suspect you won't see AC or any of the charter companies start to show discounted fares until September.

Have you checked the pricing using Choice Air? I've never done a one way flight but there are a number of posts indicating that it is sometimes the best deal.

Of course, it all depends on what your definition is of "the best deal". Note that many would believe that "best deal" does NOT mean the same as "cheapest price". Especially when dealing with Choice Air (or other similar cruiseline products) and purchasing their highly restrictive tickets.

For those who are obsessively bottom-line driven, then let me just pass along two words: Caveat Emptor.

Archived