Princess Alaska Cruise info needed

eheif

We are taking a cruise out of Seattle on July 27.

We would like hotel recommendations near the pier at a reasonable price. Also has anyone ever rented a car at the airport and dropped it off at the Pier? or any hotels that offer shuttle services. Thanks in advance for any help.

There aren't any hotels by the pier. Also, there is no rental car drop off at the pier. They have a shuttle for arriving passengers that bring you to a downtown location, not sure if they go the reverse.

Just pick a downtown hotel, use a shuttle to get from the airport, and then take a taxi to the pier.

Hi, I think I can advise you well because I live in Seattle & have taken a Disney Cruise last year from Pier 91 (where Star Princess bound for Alaska will depart this year.)

Re: transportation from Seatac. I think it all depends on how much luggage you'll have to tote. If you pack light, it would be easy & cheap to ride the Light Rail from Seatac to downtown station $3, (see Seattle Metro map. Everyone coming from Seatac on light rail has some luggage with them.) Then hail a taxi to take you a short trip to hotel near downtown, maybe $10. The Seattle Shuttle is expensive, about $40 per person from airport to downtown, but easier with lots of heavy luggage & would take you right to hotel.

I'd stay at the nice Homewood Suites if I were you. Or you could be nostalgic & stay where the Beatles stayed, at the Edgewater, (dated now but cool.) Either of these is walking distance to cool sightseeing and short taxi ride to Pier 91 for cruise.

If you have time for sightseeing, go to Seattle Center & see glass museum/garden, fountain, science museum, IMAX or Pike Place market,(expect lots of street people downtown).

We did that trip last summer and stayed at the Moore Hotel. It was walking distance to Pikes, and only an $11 cab ride to the pier Princess uses (it's actually only a short walk to the pier that NCL uses). You can read our review and see some pictures of the trip from my signature if you like :)

Airport is at least 30 minutes from the pier. Last time we sailed out of Seattle we stayed at a hotel near the airport that offered both free shuttle service to the hotel, and a cruise shuttle package. We spent a night pre and post cruise, and this worked out great. When we got back, our driver said that if we wanted to explore downtown Seattle he would drop us anywhere we want and take our luggage back to the hotel. This worked out great. We walked all over the downtown area. Saw the Space Needle. Took a duck tour. Saw the Marketplace. Etc. When we were done, we just took the train out to the airport and the hotel shuttle picked us up again.

Archived