Suite ?, no flames please

But we didn't climb up to the top of the ship to use the deck chairs, so I don't know. The reserved spot was on top of the bar, out in the full sunshine, nowhere near the pool. If you want a towel, you probably want access to the pool. I remember Voyager had a side section of gold towels near the pool, but Freedom did not. I don't know why they had reserved the most out of the way seats as a perk (?)

We were in a GS on FOS back in December. No, we had to check out towels with everyone else. And as said above, the suite area is far from ideal. You get a good view of the large screen--that's it. :)

We were only in a JS on Freedom, and I just don't remember the suite section by the pool. When we've had true suites (Voyager, Adventure) we've had the towels already in the suite for our use. The cabin steward exchanged them for us when we needed new ones - I'm guessing it was the steward who gave us the 'room service' by providing the towels initially. You might ask your cabin steward!:)

Judy

P.S. I hope you survived the last month of storms without damage! We met some time ago at an M&M...maybe on Voyager? Can't remember! Anyway hope you're doing well!

Why dont you e-mail your concierge on your specific sailing for an accurate answer you can depend on.

We have never not had six beach size towels stacked in the bathroom that were replaced whenever used. Never checked a towel out from anywhere, but don't want someone depending on our experience.

We do have over 2 dozen sailings on RCL that were consistent with the above. Not sure any answer on here will hold true for your sailing.

We were on the Explorer of the Seas in a suite and the loungers did have gold towels on them but they were more like lounge covers - rather than a beach towel - the end that was at the foot of the chair actually had pockets where we could put our sandals. We did go get towels - it wasn't necessary for us to "check out" the towels - the pool attendant in the area just told us all we had to do is show the towel attendant our gold card and they gave us the towels we needed - it didn't get put on our seapass card.

Pat

Hi, Judy. Yes, we met on Voyager out of Galveston. As far as beach towels in the suite, that happened only on Serenade and Jewel in the past two years. Voyager, Mariner, and Indy did not supply beach towels in suite. I wish all the ships would do this.

As you can see from the pics from another post, the suite pool area is basically worthless on Freedom. We never used the area and I never saw one single person up there. Why would they? Windy, out of the way location with very basic loungers. RCCL didn't go out of it's way to provide luxury for suite guests on that particular perk.

Sorry - not on FOS - but on Explorer there were no "gold" towels in the suite area - however there were regular towels and Our attendant was willing to leave pool towels in our suite for use and would exchange them when soiled. Never had to stand in a line to get towels at the pool.

Sorry - not on FOS - but on Explorer there were no "gold" towels in the suite area - however there were regular towels and Our attendant was willing to leave pool towels in our suite for use and would exchange them when soiled. Never had to stand in a line to get towels at the pool.

We were on an Explorer cruise in 3/2013 and they did have the chair covers that I mentioned in my previous post - did they stop using them since?

Thanks!

We always stay in a GS on Explorer...and I feel the reserved seating at the pool area is Great!

Aside from the excellent location, IMO, the attendant attention, there were 3 towels on every chair....one was laid out like a cover, then 2 more folded...

No need to bring your own towels...

And yes, right out in the open sun which is what everyone looks for poolside....

We always stay in a GS on Explorer...and I feel the reserved seating at the pool area is Great!

Aside from the excellent location, IMO, the attendant attention, there were 3 towels on every chair....one was laid out like a cover, then 2 more folded...

No need to bring your own towels...

And yes, right out in the open sun which is what everyone looks for poolside....

The Voyager Class reserved are is great. Freedom Class not so much. :rolleyes: Our first GS was on Liberty and the had the reserved seating in the tiered area. For some reason they moved it on the Freedom ships but not the Voyager.

I never use the pool towels on ships. i bring my own. i have about 4 Bermuda towels from 15 years ago, I will bring those with me, and my flamingo towel clips.

Thank you so much for providing this extremely valuable, pertinent, and informative response to the OP's question.

The Voyager Class reserved are is great. Freedom Class not so much. :rolleyes: Our first GS was on Liberty and the had the reserved seating in the tiered area. For some reason they moved it on the Freedom ships but not the Voyager.

On our 2/2012 Liberty sailing and our 11/2012 Mariner sailing, they had the gold card reserved seating in the tiered section.

It seemed like a waste to me as there were maybe 50+ lounge chairs reserved with only about 5-10 used most sea days. The rest of us were circulating around and around looking for a spot near the pool with those empty. But I agree they would be a great suite perk and something I would want :)

I'd say it's a hard balance for that perk. On one hand, you do want to reserve good loungers for the suite guests (they pay far more than I for a cabin). On the other hand, you don't want them to go to waste in a prime location. That might be why some of the ships have moved the section to a less desirable place. It provides some "guarantee" lounger, but does not take up prime real estate that goes unused. But out of the way on the top deck with no shade doesn't feel like a suite perk to me.

FWIW, on both sailings they did have the gold covers on the loungers. I guess I assumed incorrectly they were towels. I wish I knew if the suites had pool towels in them, but sadly, I do not :o

I have been in suites on several of the big ships. Our room attendant always left pool towels on our table in the suite; when we left the pool or the kids left the pool; they brought the towels back to the suite; next day we have new clean towels to take from the suite.

I like the loungers being a bit "out of the way" as I am not really a pool person and sailing out of Lisbon, under the bridge, on the top loungers gave us the most amazing vantage point! I thought our pool towels were in our room but I amy be thinking of a different trip.

Unfortunately, that has not been the case on the Freedom nor Mariner in the past 2-3 years. We did get the towels in suite on both Serenade and Jewel in the past year or so.

I was on Freedom last year with my family of ten. Our attendant left towels; maybe our attendant was doing us a favor since we had such a large group and had four cabins booked together. I do know where you are talking about the towel drop; oh well sorry if I lead to any confusion

Archived