Soda from bar pipe

ZOO

I just bought 16 bottle of Evian package and 12 bottle of juice from Pre planner online. I think it shall be enough for 7days cruise. For those try to convince me rccl tap water is safe, I do think those bottle water package exist for a reason.

I just bought 16 bottle of Evian package and 12 bottle of juice from Pre planner online. I think it shall be enough for 7days cruise. For those try to convince me rccl tap water is safe, I do think those bottle water package exist for a reason.

Good luck with that... Make sure your cabin attendant gives you plenty of ice in your bucket to keep them cool.... One reason they offer bottled water is due to ports, ships visit. Many do not have the same Water filtration requirements that ships have and your likely to get ill from tap water or ice when in port...:rolleyes:

Good luck with that... Make sure your cabin attendant gives you plenty of ice in your bucket to keep them cool.... One reason they offer bottled water is due to ports, ships visit. Many do not have the same Water filtration requirements that ships have and your likely to get ill from tap water or ice when in port...:rolleyes:

We don't drink chilled water so we shall be fine. On the port , I think it easier to buy bottle water than on the ship.

You were going to post a link for us showing where you saw that Royal Caribbean has the worst water of all the cruiselines. Haven't found it yet?

You were going to post a link for us showing where you saw that Royal Caribbean has the worst water of all the cruiselines. Haven't found it yet?

Will post it if I see it again. But I just decide pay extra caution this time. I cruised twice one on NCL, one on RCCL. Never had sick, drunk lot soda from pipe last time on RCCL.

For those try to convince me rccl tap water is safe, I do think those bottle water package exist for a reason.

Yes you are correct. They offer bottled water packages, and also bottled water onboard for a reason - well two actually. For the convenience of their guests & to make money. I trust you will visit the Evian plant to ensure it is up to standard before you consume their product. You will need to also check the bottled water plants that supply the bottled water that you will buy in ports.

Will post it if I see it again. But I just decide pay extra caution this time. I cruised twice one on NCL, one on RCCL. Never had sick, drunk lot soda from pipe last time on RCCL.

Well if you had no issues on other cruise that process water in the same fashion, why do you think that will change? Every ship has noro outbreaks at some point. You get enough people that care something on at some point

Yes there is reason for this to be offered. It is called profit.

Well if you had no issues on other cruise that process water in the same fashion, why do you think that will change? Every ship has noro outbreaks at some point. You get enough people that care something on at some point

Because 1. Radiance just having a Noro outbreak. 2 My wife really against cruising all together as she is afraid of sea sick. 3 We gonna bring two young kids with me, and my wife is really afraid that they getting sick.

Because 1. Radiance just having a Noro outbreak. 2 My wife really against cruising all together as she is afraid of sea sick. 3 We gonna bring two young kids with me, and my wife is really afraid that they getting sick.

Then cancel. Like others have said, some of us think your problem is bigger than we can help you with here.

I am reading in 2011 Noro outbreak in Radiance, people complains tap water is not safe.

Noro doesn't come from the water. You generally get it from touching objects such as handrails then touching your mouth.

Noro doesn't live in the ocean, and in any case would not survive the RO and distillation processes.

This reminds me of that girl in sex and the city.

She went on holiday and only ate her own chocolate mousse.

And wouldnt open her mouth in the shower!

She then ended up with a bad tummy from all that chocolate mousse.

She ended up getting caught short and had an 'accident' lol:D

I admit to being a germophobe and I am one of those people that wipes down the cabin door handles tv remote, telephone etc. with antibacterial wipes when I get on board (I think those cabin stewards have way too much cleaning to do with the quick turnaround of cabins for the next sailing) however I have always been fine drinking copious amounts of the ships water with one caveat...I will only take a glass filled by a waiter/server/bartender because on the Radiance, Freedom, Oasis, Allure and every other cruise I have taken I see other passengers refilling their own beverage containers at the self serve water stations and touching the rim or opening of their cups/container to the spout thereby contaminating it. I really feel this is the only way you can get sick from the water on board. I am always disgusted by the passengers who ignore the large signs reading, "DO NOT REFILL YOUR PERSONAL DRINK CONTAINERS" and do so anyway. the same goes for the people who I have seen take food from the buffet WITH THEIR HANDS rather than use the tongs. So I am not afraid of the water, the food or the cruise however I am truly frightened by a few of my fellow passengers :)

I admit to being a germophobe and I am one of those people that wipes down the cabin door handles tv remote, telephone etc. with antibacterial wipes when I get on board (I think those cabin stewards have way too much cleaning to do with the quick turnaround of cabins for the next sailing) however I have always been fine drinking copious amounts of the ships water with one caveat...I will only take a glass filled by a waiter/server/bartender because on the Radiance, Freedom, Oasis, Allure and every other cruise I have taken I see other passengers refilling their own beverage containers at the self serve water stations and touching the rim or opening of their cups/container to the spout thereby contaminating it. I really feel this is the only way you can get sick from the water on board. I am always disgusted by the passengers who ignore the large signs reading, "DO NOT REFILL YOUR PERSONAL DRINK CONTAINERS" and do so anyway. the same goes for the people who I have seen take food from the buffet WITH THEIR HANDS rather than use the tongs. So I am not afraid of the water, the food or the cruise however I am truly frightened by a few of my fellow passengers :)

A suggestion I use for the water/beverage dispensers is to wrap a paper napkin or tissue around your glass and depress the lever.

A suggestion I use for the water/beverage dispensers is to wrap a paper napkin or tissue around your glass and depress the lever.

Can you explain this a little more please? I'm not getting it. I also have the same concerns about people ignoring the signs and sticking their water bottles directly under the spout, often touching the opening with the spout.

Can you explain this a little more please? I'm not getting it. I also have the same concerns about people ignoring the signs and sticking their water bottles directly under the spout, often touching the opening with the spout.

I'm assuming that the dispenser is not one of the newer "touchless" types, but the older type where the glass depresses a lever to start the flow. When someone reuses a glass with this type of dispenser, they have touched the rim with their hands and mouth. This can transmit germs to the dispenser lever, and then when you use a clean glass to depress the lever, the germs are transferred to your glass, and possibility to your mouth. The napkin keeps your glass from contacting the lever. Not much can help when people touch the actual spout with a used glass, but wiping the spout with a napkin can help.

This is why the USPH is recommending that newer dispensers be of the touchless type, as well as towel dispensers, etc.

While it's highly unlikely that a Noro outbreak was caused by contamination of the potable water system, you should probably stick to the canned soda, just to ease your own mind. But be diligent about washing your hands, particularly after using the restroom and before dining, as that is the best way to prevent Noro virus.

Not if you're using Noro contaminated water to wash your hands:rolleyes:

Sorry the water boiled and from the tap are totally different.

How do you think the ship water is made? It is boiled and then the steam condensates and the condensate is collected and used as tap water. Probably a lot purer than some bottle waters.

Yeah...profit for the cruise line!

You beat me too it!

I also have the same concerns about people ignoring the signs and sticking their water bottles directly under the spout, often touching the opening with the spout.

I saw a co-worker do this at our water cooler once and I never used it again. Tap water for me! LOL

I admit to being a germophobe and I am one of those people that wipes down the cabin door handles tv remote, telephone etc. with antibacterial wipes when I get on board (I think those cabin stewards have way too much cleaning to do with the quick turnaround of cabins for the next sailing)

I hope you do this twice a day after the steward was in your cabin, as he will have contaminated your room again;)

however I have always been fine drinking copious amounts of the ships water with one caveat...I will only take a glass filled by a waiter/server/bartender because on the Radiance, Freedom, Oasis, Allure and every other cruise I have taken I see other passengers refilling their own beverage containers at the self serve water stations and touching the rim or opening of their cups/container to the spout thereby contaminating it. I really feel this is the only way you can get sick from the water on board. I am always disgusted by the passengers who ignore the large signs reading, "DO NOT REFILL YOUR PERSONAL DRINK CONTAINERS" and do so anyway. the same goes for the people who I have seen take food from the buffet WITH THEIR HANDS rather than use the tongs. So I am not afraid of the water, the food or the cruise however I am truly frightened by a few of my fellow passengers :)

My experience is that waiters/Servers/bartenders often - especially in the Windjammer - will use the exact same ice / water machines as the Pax.;)

Archived