Balcony discounts with C+A

I have seen some threads where people are mentioning the great balcony discounts they get with their C+A status.

Is this if you book just with RCCL? I always use a TA and have never been offered a balcony discount and we are Diamond status so am just wondering if I should book directly with RCCL to get the great discounts I am reading about.

If this has been on many times before - apologies. I have gone back through quite a few pages and can't see anything.

It shouldn't make any difference whether you book direct or through a TA. Once you reach Platinum status, the balcony discount is a standard C&A perk. You have to call C&A to get it applied, as it apparently isn't set up in their systems to be automatically applied. Ask your TA to call and request it. If they say they can't do that, ask them to do a three-way with C&A, and ask for them;)

My on-line TA applied the balcony discount but that was forfeited when a Savings Certificate was used which was worth more.

True, you only get to use the one with the greater value. However, the OP is Diamond, and Savings Certificates are rarely (if ever) larger than a diamond balcony discount.

I have seen some threads where people are mentioning the great balcony discounts they get with their C+A status.

Is this if you book just with RCCL? I always use a TA and have never been offered a balcony discount and we are Diamond status so am just wondering if I should book directly with RCCL to get the great discounts I am reading about.

If this has been on many times before - apologies. I have gone back through quite a few pages and can't see anything.

It's never been "offered" to me either. You have to request it.

Now ... get on the phone with your TA. ;)

True, you only get to use the one with the greater value. However, the OP is Diamond, and Savings Certificates are rarely (if ever) larger than a diamond balcony discount.

Not that I'm anywhere near Diamond, just curious what the balcony discounts are? We received our first balcony discount as platinum members for our upcoming cruise, and was pretty happy with what we got. (Although the Savings Certificates, if we get one for our cruise, will be better!)

We are going on our first cruise this October, so all this stuff is new to me. We are going to join the C & A, and I see how the discount works for a balcony, but what if you wanted to get a suite. Is there a comparable discount for a suite like there is for a balcony?

Thanks,

Craig

We are going on our first cruise this October, so all this stuff is new to me. We are going to join the C & A, and I see how the discount works for a balcony, but what if you wanted to get a suite. Is there a comparable discount for a suite like there is for a balcony?

Thanks,

Craig

Balcony and suite discounts are the same

Thanks,

Craig

Make sure you sign up for C&A. You will be a gold member. The balcony discounts start when you become platinum. The discount is for balcony and up.

The above gives C&A balcony discounts available in the US.

Here is a breakdown of C&A balcony discounts available in UK:

UK C&A Balcony/Suite Discounts-Per Stateroom

Platinum -

Sailing-----More than 6 months----Less than 6 months

3-5 nights----------£30--------------------£15

6-9 nights----------£70--------------------£50

10+ nights---------£135------------------£120

Emerald –

3-5 nights----------£50-------------------£30

6-9 nights----------£85-------------------£70

10+ nights---------£150-----------------£135

Diamond –

3-5 nights----------£85-------------------£70

6-9 nights----------£150-----------------£135

10+ nights---------£220-----------------£200

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle –

3-5 nights---------£100-----------------£85

6-9 nights---------£165-----------------£150

10+ nights--------£235-----------------£220

The above gives C&A balcony discounts available in the US.

Here is a breakdown of C&A balcony discounts available in UK:

UK C&A Balcony/Suite Discounts-Per Stateroom

Platinum -

Sailing-----More than 6 months----Less than 6 months

3-5 nights----------£30--------------------£15

6-9 nights----------£70--------------------£50

10+ nights---------£135------------------£120

Emerald –

3-5 nights----------£50-------------------£30

6-9 nights----------£85-------------------£70

10+ nights---------£150-----------------£135

Diamond –

3-5 nights----------£85-------------------£70

6-9 nights----------£150-----------------£135

10+ nights---------£220-----------------£200

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle –

3-5 nights---------£100-----------------£85

6-9 nights---------£165-----------------£150

10+ nights--------£235-----------------£220

Wow, at the current exchange rate ($1.52), it really makes a difference where you book:eek:

Patti, I just wanted to say that you are a real gem. Having the balcony discounts in both Dollars and Pounds...we're lucky to have you here. Thanks.
So agreed, CK. She is just a doll. :)

Thanks so much for the compliment, but I really can't take the credit. :o Our dear CC friend Captain Liz emailed me the information last fall and I just saved it.

One large online TA pulls their offer of pre-paid gratuities if you ask to apply any C&A benefits. It's buried in their fine print. I think its discrimination against C&A members.:mad:

Please don't flame me on how they only make $5 on a $2500 cruise fare.

We are currently Gold but will move up a category on our forthcoming cruise.

We were hoping to book another cruise whilst onboard.

Does anyone know if we will we be able to claim the balcony discount for the next booking or would we have to wait until we got home and then make the booking to get the discount?

We are currently Gold but will move up a category on our forthcoming cruise.

We were hoping to book another cruise whilst onboard.

Does anyone know if we will we be able to claim the balcony discount for the next booking or would we have to wait until we got home and then make the booking to get the discount?

No need to wait to make the booking, you can add the balcony discount after you get Platinum status. It will take about a week after the cruise for your status to be updated.

No need to wait to make the booking, you can add the balcony discount after you get Platinum status. It will take about a week after the cruise for your status to be updated.

Thankyou for the information.

One booking on Allure coming up then! I am going to have two very happy teeangers:)

One large online TA pulls their offer of pre-paid gratuities if you ask to apply any C&A benefits. It's buried in their fine print. I think its discrimination against C&A members.:mad:

That is the risk I guess with perks offered from TA commissions. Our TA does not offer OBC's, etc., but willingly and automatically includes our balcony discount with each of our bookings, handles all our onboard preferences, and does our document preparation. She also checks for price reductions, etc., and applies them to our bookings as well. We have used her for many years based on the value to us of her excellent service level.

While the balcony discount certainly reduces the stateroom booking amount on which the TA is compensated, it is something that the various tier level C & A members are entitled to through RCI. I understand the "fine print" as indicated with the large online TA, but would not want to have to always weigh what I am entitled to by the cruise line against a commission based perk in deciding a booking.

Again, to me, it is the overall personal service level we receive and ease in dealing over the years with our TA that is important. But that is just my preference and each individual has to make that decision based on what is important to them.

All that on line TA's do for me is process by credit card. I pick the cruise, the cabin and reserve my shows. What docs to process? RCCL sends them via email. What else is there?

The only reason I use a TA is to try to get some extra benefits, otherwise the cruse fare is the same as booking direct. For my recent booking, it was completely online, no person. I called the C&A desk to apply my discount. They couldn't, I had to call the TA and get a person on the phone to request the discount from RCCL at which point they canceled my pre-paid gratuities. They said pick one or the other, not both. The balcony discount was higher.

Archived