A good cheap place to purchase insurance ?

I checked the above recommended & have a few questions;

Do you list the cost of air travel, pre & post cruise stays, or just the cruise cost?

Do most of you get the all inclusive gold deluxe?

I got the Carnival one & it is 1/4 less cost than the all inclusive gold. What am I missing?

Actually I was thinking with the work insurance coverage & Visa coverage maybe I didn't need anything else?

I checked the above recommended & have a few questions;

Do you list the cost of air travel, pre & post cruise stays, or just the cruise cost?

Do most of you get the all inclusive gold deluxe?

I got the Carnival one & it is 1/4 less cost than the all inclusive gold. What am I missing?

Actually I was thinking with the work insurance coverage & Visa coverage maybe I didn't need anything else?

If you have not guaranteed the hotel and could cancel it without a penalty i would not insure the insurance. If you have airline tickets that are refundable or have a very small penalty you might not want to include those but you could.

Keith

Thanks everyone. My other question is you only have so much time to book insurance after you book the cruise. And I booked my cruise for Nov. 2014 and I am not going to book the airlines till next year because they have not released the flights for those dates yet. How am I suppose to tell them the total of the cost of my trip to be able to get insurance if I cannot book my flights for a later time ??

You can just insure the cruise and then when you book the air you can add that to the insurance and pay the additional premium.

Just confirm with the insurance company that this can be done but every time I've ever booked insurance that is the way it has worked.

Keith

I know we are in the minority but we only buy extra medical and medivac coverage. The amount I have saved on insurance over the years would more than pay for a complete loss on a cruise and air.

I know we are in the minority but we only buy extra medical and medivac coverage. The amount I have saved on insurance over the years would more than pay for a complete loss on a cruise and air.

Kirk, I am not even sure you are in the minority anymore. I know many who don't even purchase medical insurance which to me is amazing. In the end it all comes down to whether or not you can take risk and how much risk you are willing to take.

Keith

I booked my cruise in November and bought insurance yesterday. I was only looking for medical because our cruise is so cheap and the airfare was free, but it wound up that the cost for cancellation and medical was cheaper than just the medical so we got it. It was with travelguard

I just went on IMT website and purchased a package plan for our Oct cruise . It was $60.56 total , $250,000 evac, $50,000 med, no cancel for any reason coverage..The Carnival plan is $65 PP..We are both 64..My main concern is med and evac. We are both healthy, but who knows.

I like Trip Insurance Store.

You can Google it.

I can call and talk to an American human being and then call back and talk to that same human being, which means a lot to me.

We use Trip Insurance Store as well. Good folks. Great customer service.

You can Google it.

I can call and talk to an American human being and then call back and talk to that same human being, which means a lot to me.

We like Trip Insurance Store too:):). They are all so helpful and knowledgeable and always there for you.

Guest maddycat

You can Google it.

We always buy our travel insurance through the Trip Insurance Store. Their website is very informative. Their agents are very helpful. Recently we have been buying Travel Safe Insurance. If bought within 21 days of the initial cruise deposit it will cover pre-existing medical conditions.....a must for us.

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

I printed out a spread sheet with the offers to us from four major travel insurance agencies:

insuremytrip.com

squaremouth

tripinsurancestore

AAA

What I found was just a small surprise.

Many of them offer the exact same product for different costs.

I also went directly to the insurance companies recommended for our trip:

Allianz

Travel Guard

Travelex

MH Ross

This has just been to compare cost.

Is there any benefit to booking with an agency like insuremytrip or AAA vs directly with the insurance company?

The winners so far have been insure my trip and AAA for what it is worth.

Archived