Aqua class extras

lovescarborough

Just ask your cabin attendant.

Most of them are happy to please you but they aren't mind readers!

If this " request card" becomes policy, it will avoid reluctance on the part of the cabin attendant. I am then not asking them to do beyond their duties, as some of them may put it.

Please refer to posts # 31, 32, 38.

We are looking at the Silhouette. The last time we sailed with X we were in a Celebrity suite, on all our other trips we have always had a suite and do like the perks. I don't have any status with Celebrity so to get any perks I have to pay for them.

It's always good to know what you're paying for and the value (to you) vs. the cost. I hear people talking about 'free water' in AQ, for example. On some cruises the price of AQ is low, but I sure wouldn't pay much of a premium for that, or the smelly twigs, or the weak watery iced tea! Now, if you love Blu, any price may make it worth it to you.

Having been in all of the classes, we have personally determined that the perks are not worth much to us. On our last cruise we could have had CC for $100 more than our 1B but even that wasn't worth it to us vs. our great 1B location.

On M class, we do pay for CC because we like the extra room; that IS worth it to us.

It's always good to know what you're paying for and the value (to you) vs. the cost. I hear people talking about 'free water' in AQ, for example. On some cruises the price of AQ is low, but I sure wouldn't pay much of a premium for that, or the smelly twigs, or the weak watery iced tea! Now, if you love Blu, any price may make it worth it to you.

Having been in all of the classes, we have personally determined that the perks are not worth much to us. On our last cruise we could have had CC for $100 more than our 1B but even that wasn't worth it to us vs. our great 1B location.

On M class, we do pay for CC because we like the extra room; that IS worth it to us.

I guess I will check what the price difference is I believe the AQ was going to be about $6700 with tips which I thought was very reasonable for 12 days but you may have a point if the price difference is huge I could get the dining package and drink package. I just have never been in a regular balcony cabin before. The AQ class is much lower than what we are used to sailing in but with the cost of air I had to make allowances. People's responses are so varied. To be honest I was not impressed at all with the suite we had on the Summit but that was years ago.

We have only sailed once on Celebrity and it was in a suite but really like the look of the 12 day Eastern Med next May 29th. However the suite price is just too high combined with the air and pre/post. So I was looking at the Aqua Class and Concierge Class. The descriptions are confusing- does the AQ get the perks the CC gets like the sparking wine and deportation lounge or do they just get to go to Blu? Does Blu only serve "healthy" food or can I get a steak there if I want?

We love Blu and having had the "Blu experience" for all our past 3 cruises....its hard to go back. Eating in Blu is more like dining in an actual restaurant versus being served at a wedding sit down dinner which is how I would describe the food and for the most part - service of the MDR. The service in Blue is much more personal and attentive in all 3 of our experiences than the MDR - absolutely no comparison BUT I don't think you can even compare the cabin with a suite...you will be disappointed if your don't grasp the reality that it is just a balcony cabin with nicer towels & robe with a bottle of water thrown in.

We love Blu and having had the "Blu experience" for all our past 3 cruises....its hard to go back. Eating in Blu is more like dining in an actual restaurant versus being served at a wedding sit down dinner which is how I would describe the food and for the most part - service of the MDR. The service in Blue is much more personal and attentive in all 3 of our experiences than the MDR - absolutely no comparison BUT I don't think you can even compare the cabin with a suite...you will be disappointed if your don't grasp the reality that it is just a balcony cabin with nicer towels & robe with a bottle of water thrown in.

Well put, right on point :) The only point I would add is tell CC posters is be careful regarding the location of the cabins on Aqua, look at the sticky sections regarding locations before you make your selection.

What are "smelly twigs"

Thanks

They are know as diffusers- typically thin wooden sticks in a scented oil- they give off a variety of scents- depending upon your preference- sometimes they are too strong and I assume that is why they are being referred to a "smelly twigs"

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to bring this up but up until several months ago the Celebrity web site said that AQ passengers got all CC benefits plus AQ benefits. That reference on the web site was removed about 6 months ago and from my observations it appears maybe they are removing some of those CC benefits from AQ cabins. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to be going in that direction

Just recieved the new Celebrity Brochure 2014/2015 and it states AQ cabins get the same benefits as CC plus the AQ benefits.

Elaine

Just recieved the new Celebrity Brochure 2014/2015 and it states AQ cabins get the same benefits as CC plus the AQ benefits.

Elaine

I've been waiting for the 2104/2015 brochures to come out.

It was interesting that when I tried to find it on line the one with for the UK is for all of their cruises worldwide but for the US I have to order by where we want to go and that's what I'm not sure of yet! :rolleyes:

Well put, right on point :) The only point I would add is tell CC posters is be careful regarding the location of the cabins on Aqua, look at the sticky sections regarding locations before you make your selection.

The challenge with this is that there is no "sticky" for the older ships; perhaps we as a board should look at completing a sticky for the M class ships.

Archived