Aqua class extras

lovescarborough

On the Eclipse last December we did not have the mesh bag with slippers or lip balm and face spray nor did we have the robes. Since we had been in AQ before we knew this was part of the pkg. We asked our attendant and she said they were instructed to not put them in the room unless they we were requested. We were a little surprised and disappointed as they advertise this as part of your package.

We were in AQ Summitt June 2.

Had all the "perks" , thought the canapés were a little lame. Twice we had sliced lunchmeat ham, about a 1"x2" piece with mayo on top. And a cube of Spam like meat. 6 tiny pieces served on huge dinner plate with not even a sprig of parsley for garnish. But always in room whether we were there or not.

Can't they serve a small bowl of nuts or cheese cubes,etc? It got to be a running joke with us ( we had 3 cabins in a row.) to compare our plates. So sad.

I liked the 3 green apples in the dish. And green apples help with motion sickness. Thought the fruit bowl on previous cruise just kept rotting and then you really don't want to eat it.

Sharing room with my daughter, so I asked for extra bag of the lip balm, tote, etc and were given them, although the steward had to go ask supervisor and made a big deal of it. Was on Millineum last Sept., was in cabin with my sister and we asked for duplicates and promptly granted.

And I have never been able to find the AQ yoga instruction video on the TV, but forgot to ask.

We asked for the "smelly twig" and the iced tea and canapes to go away.

Question: I had heard that AQ got slippers and something else in a mesh bag. Supposedly lip balm and a few other things. We never got that. Did that go away as well? Frankly, I was not impressed with AQ. Blu was wonderful. The rest, not so much.

Just returned from the Summit and we received a mesh bag containing 2 pairs of slippers and lip balm and face spray.

We asked for the "smelly twig" and the iced tea and canapes to go away.

Question: I had heard that AQ got slippers and something else in a mesh bag. Supposedly lip balm and a few other things. We never got that. Did that go away as well? Frankly, I was not impressed with AQ. Blu was wonderful. The rest, not so much.

We had some lip balm and some sort of face spray on the Equinox this past April/May. No slippers, and no mesh bag.

But.... Had a wonderful cruise!

M

On the Eclipse last December we did not have the mesh bag with slippers or lip balm and face spray nor did we have the robes. Since we had been in AQ before we knew this was part of the pkg. We asked our attendant and she said they were instructed to not put them in the room unless they we were requested. We were a little surprised and disappointed as they advertise this as part of your package.

Interesting that one has to ask for the amenities which are supposed to be included with the room. Our AQ cabin attendant was reluctant to even bring us ice--I would imagine a request for the amenities which were supposed to come with the room would have put her over the edge!

Interesting that one has to ask for the amenities which are supposed to be included with the room. Our AQ cabin attendant was reluctant to even bring us ice--I would imagine a request for the amenities which were supposed to come with the room would have put her over the edge!

I have noticed a variation in service of the stateroom attendants and butlers. Some are wonderful and exceed our expectations and others not so- I think if you have any real problem speak to the attendant and if it isn't handled go to the customer relations desk.

Have only cruised 3 times, but have had immediate family in 2 AQ cabins each time. There was variance between cruises and within same cruise. It makes me so tense when MIL gets the "lesser" attendant:rolleyes:! Actually it makes everyone tense:eek:.

We have only sailed once on Celebrity and it was in a suite but really like the look of the 12 day Eastern Med next May 29th. However the suite price is just too high combined with the air and pre/post. So I was looking at the Aqua Class and Concierge Class. The descriptions are confusing- does the AQ get the perks the CC gets like the sparking wine and deportation lounge or do they just get to go to Blu? Does Blu only serve "healthy" food or can I get a steak there if I want?

We have only sailed once on Celebrity and it was in a suite but really like the look of the 12 day Eastern Med next May 29th. However the suite price is just too high combined with the air and pre/post. So I was looking at the Aqua Class and Concierge Class. The descriptions are confusing- does the AQ get the perks the CC gets like the sparking wine and deportation lounge or do they just get to go to Blu? Does Blu only serve "healthy" food or can I get a steak there if I want?

I wouldn't call Blu's food "healthy" per se....it is lower in sodium and rather than heavy buttery sauces they use renderings from the meat/fish...we found the portions somewhat smaller, which was fine considering the amount of food that is everywhere on a ship and the desserts lighter, which was also fine as a dish of ice cream usually makes me happy. The ambiance of Blu, the outstanding service are as much a reason to book AQ as any. I would always pay extra for AQ, having gone CC once, I can't see paying extra for it.

...The descriptions are confusing- does the AQ get the perks the CC gets like the sparking wine and deportation lounge or do they just get to go to Blu? Does Blu only serve "healthy" food or can I get a steak there if I want?

If you are reasonably well-behaved during the trip, you should not have any need for this. ;)

It's definitely a matter of a poor cabin attendant!

We have cruised enough that we can pretty much tell from the first or second day what to expect.

The worst attendant we ever had was about 5 years ago and she had to ask if everything we asked for (same things we always ask for - wine glasses, third towel, etc.) was ok with her supervisor. Same attendant NEVER cleaned the room before 3 but always managed to walk in when the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door.

As I said, we can figure out when we have a poor attendant (actually it was only that once) but I feel badly for new cruisers who think, like many here, that the cruise line is at fault.

(As far as the fruit, we actually eat it and I found that leaving a note on it asking for specific fruits for the next day was usually honored.)

I missed the slippers on our TA, I wonder if they would fit my size 13:D

I did see someone wear them to Blu on night:rolleyes:

The slippers are awful and stretch out of shape real easy. The lip balm and mesh bag they come in are helpful though.

I don't know what the price differential is, or what ship you are considering, but if on an S class ship, honestly the regular balcony cabins are a great value. I have been in AQ, CC, FV, and SS, and just spent 15 days on Silhouette in a 1B balcony, right at the Deck 8 midship elevators, and it was PERFECT!! We don't need or want any of the supposed 'perks' and we had a fantastic time, loved the convenience of that location, and the huge savings. I'm just sayin'. . .

I don't know what the price differential is, or what ship you are considering, but if on an S class ship, honestly the regular balcony cabins are a great value. I have been in AQ, CC, FV, and SS, and just spent 15 days on Silhouette in a 1B balcony, right at the Deck 8 midship elevators, and it was PERFECT!! We don't need or want any of the supposed 'perks' and we had a fantastic time, loved the convenience of that location, and the huge savings. I'm just sayin'. . .

As long as you have Elite status which you probably do, I agree if you don't care. The savings pay for dinner in speciality restaurants, and shore excursions. However, on the Milli class, the cabins are 170 sq feet for a regular balcony v. 191-195 square feet for cc or aqua. I like the little extra cabin space- But that is me. I think the cabins may be the same size on the S class ships.

That is a fabulous idea - somebody should write that on the comment cards. X wants to save $$ and make the X experience customer centered, that would be one great way to do it!

If every one that has read and agreed with this write their suggestion on end of cruise comment cards, may be changes will take place. I for one will do so on my next cruise.

Like many of you, I would prefer different kinds of fruit ( orange, grape,apple, pear) over any type of canape. Would be nice to have an order card for " what types of fruit" and " selection of cheese".

If every one that has read and agreed with this write their suggestion on end of cruise comment cards, may be changes will take place. I for one will do so on my next cruise.

Like many of you, I would prefer different kinds of fruit ( orange, grape,apple, pear) over any type of canape. Would be nice to have an order card for " what types of fruit" and " selection of cheese".

Just ask your cabin attendant.

Most of them are happy to please you but they aren't mind readers!

We were on Summit in April and received all the amenities advertised, including sparkling wine and the slippers and such.

We asked our steward to remove the fruit and not to bring the canapes after the first day. The aroma twig thingy, I put on the shelf in the bathroom.

Sorry, but we did not enjoy Blu and after the second day we moved permanently to the MDR and we were so happy we did. Blu is not for everybody, although I realise that we're in the minority on this one.

We are looking at the Silhouette. The last time we sailed with X we were in a Celebrity suite, on all our other trips we have always had a suite and do like the perks. I don't have any status with Celebrity so to get any perks I have to pay for them.

Out if curiosity, why didn't you like Blu?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Blu was just not a good fit for us. The service was not really any better than the MDR and in our case, the MDR was better. The tables for two are very close together, no intimacy at all. Dinner dragged on and on for almost 2 hours. More importantly, we were not impressed with the food. My salmon was served on a bed of lentils and nothing else! Yuck! Nothing was outstanding, in our opinion, so we decided to try the MDR and we really enjoyed it.

Most people will tell you that Blu is wonderful and for most it is. Just not us.

Archived