Aqua class extras

lovescarborough

Hi. Just back off the Solstice and a fabulous cruise to Alaska. We love aqua class, mainly for dining in Blu but the other little extras are nice too. However this time we were disappointed to see that the lovely bowl of mixed fruit has been replaced with a 'trendy' flat dish containing three green apples. This never varied throughout the cruise, and they weren't even that nice! I asked the food and beverage guy and he said it was a change across the fleet, nothing to do with cost cutting ? Also the canapés seem to have suffered the same fate, with a couple of tortilla chips, a dip and a few olives every time. Just wondered if this is the same on all ships and what will be cut next ? Would be interested to hear from other aqua devotees !

Thats what we had on the Silhouette this Past May on our Eastern Med cruise! Apples had some mean look bruises on them! I think we had 2 apples and 1 pear. Never touched them as they didn't look that appetizing. I guess I could have said something, but wasn't that concerned about it.

Wow, that's disappointing. We enjoyed having a variety of fruit in our cabin on the Summit. Grapes, pears, apples, bananas and oranges that were replenished or replaced as they got consumed or started looking like they were past their prime. The canapés were not amazing but a nice touch when we returned to the cabin after being in port. We enjoyed them while we changed to go get heartier fare in the buffet or elsewhere. I think that once we reach Elite (if they ever happens) we stop sailing concierge (for the extra point) and just get a balcony.

We were on the Millie at the beginning of June. We had the fruit plate with the three divided spots but had a variety of fruit in it throughout the week. We also liked the smaller canapes better - the chips and dip and olives were just enough for an afternoon snack. This just proves that everyone's different. :)

We never eat the fruit from the fruit basket and it never gets changed or replaced. It could be artificial and we wouldn't know it.

The same for those fresh cut flowers. I am sure that they were fresh cut at one time. I don't know what they do to them but they last a long time.

That smelly twig and daily pitcher of colored water can also be eliminated as a cost savor.

Just don't eliminated the pillow menu. :rolleyes:

.:D

I hate to bring this up but up until several months ago the Celebrity web site said that AQ passengers got all CC benefits plus AQ benefits. That reference on the web site was removed about 6 months ago and from my observations it appears maybe they are removing some of those CC benefits from AQ cabins. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to be going in that direction

Everytime we had the canapés I thought they were terrible and I pretty much eat anything...

We never eat the fruit from the fruit basket and it never gets changed or replaced. It could be artificial and we wouldn't know it.

The same for those fresh cut flowers. I am sure that they were fresh cut at one time. I don't know what they do to them but they last a long time.

That smelly twig and daily pitcher of colored water can also be eliminated as a cost savor.

Just don't eliminated the pillow menu. :rolleyes:

.:D

I put that "smelly twig" outside the cabin first thing. The smell was overpowering. Yuk!

Enjoyed the tea and fruit. Bottled water nice too. Not much for canapes. DH. really loved the spa and that's what sells us on AQ.

DORIS

On HAL an order form came with the fruit bowl and you could check off which types of fruit you wanted.

That seems like a more sensible way to do it to me. It eliminated most of the waste and passengers got what they wanted.

I put that "smelly twig" outside the cabin first thing. The smell was overpowering. Yuk!

Enjoyed the tea and fruit. Bottled water nice too. Not much for canapes. DH. really loved the spa and that's what sells us on AQ.

DORIS

I did the same and had leave the doors open for 1/2 hour to try to clear the odour, as it makes me sick,

They had tortilla chips and olives :eek:, our last trip we never got them because the canapés on the trip before were crappy

Hi. Just back off the Solstice and a fabulous cruise to Alaska. We love aqua class, mainly for dining in Blu but the other little extras are nice too. However this time we were disappointed to see that the lovely bowl of mixed fruit has been replaced with a 'trendy' flat dish containing three green apples. This never varied throughout the cruise, and they weren't even that nice! I asked the food and beverage guy and he said it was a change across the fleet, nothing to do with cost cutting ? Also the canapés seem to have suffered the same fate, with a couple of tortilla chips, a dip and a few olives every time. Just wondered if this is the same on all ships and what will be cut next ? Would be interested to hear from other aqua devotees !

Just returned from the Summit. BLU was just great, but the same story with the apples and the canapés. No big deal for us. A little more variety on the Solstice in March and April, but BLU is the best reason for Aqua.

Hope we're able to do follow your lead come December on Equinox

I got the tip here on CC--so many others were able to do it as well. Much like in BLU--they make no mention of shrimp cocktail--ceasar salad..1 just had to ask!

On HAL an order form came with the fruit bowl and you could check off which types of fruit you wanted.

That seems like a more sensible way to do it to me. It eliminated most of the waste and passengers got what they wanted.

That is a fabulous idea - somebody should write that on the comment cards. X wants to save $$ and make the X experience customer centered, that would be one great way to do it!

My hubby will eat the apples if they look good, but other than that, nothing else gets touched.

Hope we're able to do follow your lead come December on Equinox

We did shrimp cocktail a few cruises instead of canapés, but that gets old over the course of a cruise so last time the attendant suggested a small cheese tray, which we did and everyday he brought an assortment of 2-4 small slices of different cheese, a couple slices of fruit or grapes and a cracker or two....it was a very nice little snack and wonderful with a glass of wine before dinner....we will probably do this from now on...

That is a fabulous idea - somebody should write that on the comment cards. X wants to save $$ and make the X experience customer centered, that would be one great way to do it!

My hubby will eat the apples if they look good, but other than that, nothing else gets touched.

I agree with all posters A bowl of fruit that rots because it isn't eaten all week is a waste. In addition, the "tea" IMO is horrible. The canapes also are a waste as the cruise has so much food- who needs the extra calories- also they do not taste so great. We (I) use the persian garden perhaps once per cruise for 20 minutes.

While we occasionally take Aqua Class as the price is often less then cc, we still prefer to take a balcony cabin or CC because of it's location and price, and enjoy the unlimited dining package for the speciality restaurants. We still have all of the elite perks-

Too each his own. Enjoy your cruise

We asked for the "smelly twig" and the iced tea and canapes to go away.

Question: I had heard that AQ got slippers and something else in a mesh bag. Supposedly lip balm and a few other things. We never got that. Did that go away as well? Frankly, I was not impressed with AQ. Blu was wonderful. The rest, not so much.

We asked for the "smelly twig" and the iced tea and canapes to go away.

Question: I had heard that AQ got slippers and something else in a mesh bag. Supposedly lip balm and a few other things. We never got that. Did that go away as well? Frankly, I was not impressed with AQ. Blu was wonderful. The rest, not so much.

In Jan 2015 we got the sippers on the 4th day. We were on the Eclipse. Really worth nothing but one man on the cruise, a physician was whinning that the slippers arrived late . Lol

I hate to bring this up but up until several months ago the Celebrity web site said that AQ passengers got all CC benefits plus AQ benefits. That reference on the web site was removed about 6 months ago and from my observations it appears maybe they are removing some of those CC benefits from AQ cabins. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to be going in that direction

Everytime we had the canapés I thought they were terrible and I pretty much eat anything...

Has anyone who has recently cruised AQ noticed the deletion of any CC benefits in AQ such as the sparkling wine, afternoon canapés or fruit? After you mentioned this, I went to the site to look for myself and they have removed all reference to the CC benefits. It would be a real shame if they did remove these benefits from AQ.

Has anyone who has recently cruised AQ noticed the deletion of any CC benefits in AQ such as the sparkling wine, afternoon canapés or fruit? After you mentioned this, I went to the site to look for myself and they have removed all reference to the CC benefits. It would be a real shame if they did remove these benefits from AQ.

Just off Summit in Aqua - had sparkling wine, but could not exchange it in BLU for credit, had the canapés and apples as stated above. Also had slippers, robes, binoculars and umbrella. Can't remember what other CC perqs we had in the past.

On Solstice, I had to ask to be sure we could go to the designated CC lounge for disembarkation as it wasn't mentioned in our departure letter. No problem.

Archived