Those "Chocolate" "mints" - Cutback

sailor44

Oh, the humanity of it all...... nobody liked them when they were there, I doubt people are really jumping to Princess due to this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nobody?

Certainly not the reason we jumped to Princess but it is a nice little touch to come back to the cabin late at night and see a small piece of chocolate waiting for us.

Possibly true but as Micah’s Grandad says, it’s a nice gesture and if used properly as surprise and delight, something that small could help transform new guests into becoming repeaters and expand their market share and growth.

We all sail for different reasons and if it’s someone’s first time on a Princess cruise, that logo wrapped piece of chocolate may just be enough of a tipping scale after a nice day onboard to send them to the future cruise desk to buy certificates towards a future cruise or put down a deposit.

Edited by xDisconnections

Possibly true but as Micah’s Grandad says, it’s a nice gesture and if used properly as surprise and delight, something that small could help transform new guests into becoming repeaters and expand their market share and growth.

We all sail for different reasons and if it’s someone’s first time on a Princess cruise, that logo wrapped piece of chocolate may just be enough of a tipping scale after a nice day onboard to send them to the future cruise desk to buy certificates towards a future cruise or put down a deposit.

One never knows....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wait I thought they weren't giving chocolate any more? January 2015 was the last cruise I saw chocolates given on???

Ahhh I get it now. Just more complaining. The presence or lack of chocolate in no way determines how my cruise is or was.

Ahhh I get it now. Just more complaining. The presence or lack of chocolate in no way determines how my cruise is or was.

While it may not influence the satisfaction of your cruise, it does have the potential of contributing towards a devaluation of another passenger’s perceived value.

LOL!

I really wish Cruise Critic would close threads after a year or so. It's so confusing when people start posting on an old thread.

As soon as I saw the subject, my first though was how old this thread was.

Now look what I've done....I've contributed to a 5 year old thread.

Wait I thought they weren't giving chocolate any more? January 2015 was the last cruise I saw chocolates given on???

Very true but sometimes a few, just a little things do add up

Hmmm... does anyone here remember when about five years ago ShakyBeef posted his very scientific survey to prove that the chocolate squares which Carnival put in our cabins had indeed changed from a minty chocolate with a firm texture to a mint-less artificial chocolate of a softer quality? That was such a high point in my life!

Egads !

Must have been if you are still thinking about it over 5 years later (and reviving a 5 year old thread)

Bored, Get a hobby ...

Wow - I can't believe how my one post started so many comments! My post was actually a joke, based on a comment made by ShakyBeef, saying exactly what he said someone would say five years later.

My personal preference with the chocolate squares was to break them up into small pieces and sprinkle them on the soft-serve ice cream the next day. MMMmmm!

This is a joke post, right? "You know what really makes me a cruiser for life? Those chocolates on the pillow."

Anyways, while some complain about the age of a 5 year post, I think it's great to see actual opinions from the past. Because apparently through the rose-colored shades of some, it was a much better time. Instead, we find out that many people didn't even care for them.

You know what I don't get? CC posters...

There are those of you who will gripe at someone responding to a 5 year old thread...

and those of you who will scold others for creating a new thread when we all know that they should be searching for old threads and just reusing those!

I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

Me? I'll just do whatever I like and if people don't like it? NEXT THREAD PLEASE...

Wow - I can't believe how my one post started so many comments! My post was actually a joke, based on a comment made by ShakyBeef, saying exactly what he said someone would say five years later.

My personal preference with the chocolate squares was to break them up into small pieces and sprinkle them on the soft-serve ice cream the next day. MMMmmm!

I personally loved your reopening this thread! and just FYI, ShakeyBeef is a female, just in case she gets upset with you and sends you a case of rancid cruiseship chocolates!

I personally loved your reopening this thread! and just FYI, ShakeyBeef is a female, just in case she gets upset with you and sends you a case of rancid cruiseship chocolates!

I like to see old threads as well. Very often topic is one that keep getting discussed on here and get to see posts from old friends

Very true but sometimes a few' date=' just a little things do add up[/quote']

I think this is true. Sure the taste bar, the chocolates and midnight buffet don't make or break a cruise but they are nice little touches.

I kind of skimmed through this thread so sorry if I'm not being accurate but a few people seemed to indicate that they though the towel animal was a better treat to walk into. I like towel animals and notice they are very popular at some of the hotels I stay at on land. I just don't see how a piece of chocolate vs the man hours required to make those towel animals, wash the extra towel, and shrinkage from people stealing the towels potentially would be that much different with respect to the bottom line.

ShakyBeef a female? Perhaps I read a little too much into her screen name :o. Actually, I'm open to receiving chocolates :D.