Questions

TERRIER1

We are coming from Oceania and are curious if any one knows:

1. Are the pools salt water or fresh

2. Are you allowed to bring alcohol on board for use in your stateroom?

3. Can you bring a bottle of wine to a dining venue? How much is the corkage fee?

4. Is there open dining? can you eat at anytime without a reservation?

Never cruised with another line other than Oceania but really looking forward to this ship. She looks beautiful and is a perfect size. We never received a brochure from Viking so are operating in the dark. Thanks.

"Complimentary Restaurant Reservations* with your choice of multiple dining venues & times (including open seating)"

The rest I'm not sure about. I'm almost positive bringing beverages for stateroom use is allowed.

For some reason I've been assuming the pools are fresh water, but I guess nobody's actually said at this point.

3. Can you bring a bottle of wine to a dining venue? How much is the corkage fee?

Never cruised with another line other than Oceania but really looking forward to this ship. She looks beautiful and is a perfect size. We never received a brochure from Viking so are operating in the dark.

Go to the Viking Oceans website and there is contact information. I am sure they will be happy to answer your questions. As to the brochure...you can download it online. When I requested one via mail I recieved it right away.

Go to the Viking Oceans website and there is contact information. I am sure they will be happy to answer your questions. As to the brochure...you can download it online. When I requested one via mail I recieved it right away.

Thanks. New to Viking so I have lots of questions.

Never cruised with another line other than Oceania but really looking forward to this ship. She looks beautiful and is a perfect size. We never received a brochure from Viking so are operating in the dark. Thanks.

Not sure if Viking Ocean cruises are subject to different legalities, local rules, etc. but on the Viking river cruise we were just on there was no restriction on bringing your own liquor on board (in fact the crew gave tips on where to get the best buys). There was also one couple who brought their own wine to dinner and I did did not hear that there was any corkage fee,

This is the reply I received from Viking.

Not all details have been released for this ship, all details will be released with your final documents. We know that the pools are fresh water, we will not be charging any corkage fees if you wish to bring your own alcohol and or other beverages onboard. We do not offer tables for two rather the minimum is 4 per table. In a veranda stateroom, you will not be given any preference in the dining room, this will be first come first served.

The only problem I have is that there is no table seating for two. This may be a deal breaker for DH.

Why? Half the fun of cruising is meeting new people...

I'm with you but after a full day with shipmates my husband likes to dine with just the two of us. I guess I should take that as a compliment (lol).

This is the reply I received from Viking.

The only problem I have is that there is no table seating for two. This may be a deal breaker for DH.

No tables for two would also be a deal breaker for us as well as no butlers in the large suites.. They are not thinking first class or ocean cruising but rather the river cruise patterns. :(

No tables for two would also be a deal breaker for us as well as no butlers in the large suites.. They are not thinking first class or ocean cruising but rather the river cruise patterns. :(

I guess "to each, their own" however I agree with most of the other posters; many of the highlights we had on our (one and only) river cruise was the great conversations we had with the other travelers over dinner - felt like real bonding.

I asked if there will be table for two in other venues and this is the response. The rendered drawings in the brochure show tables for two so who knows. It's a long way off.

There may be, but we cannot guarantee this, the ship is in the process of being built, we will have further information as we get closer to the departure date.

Archived