Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

It certainly is a beautiful ship. I was on her a couple weeks after she was launched and was so impressed I called it a "floating palace".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sailed her for her first "revenued cruise" when she got to Florida

after her first crossing. It was a 3 night cruise. Then I was on her

in 2011 for a regular 7 nighter.

I've been watching RCCLs rate for 3 weeks. 110% supplemental rate if you book on Tues or Wed. I couldn't let another week go by w/out booking. I'm excited to announce I'm going on the Allure of the Seas in Sept. 20013. YES!!

I just booked this one. I love to cruise (stopped counting) and LOVE to cruise solo!

I know it's a long way away, but thought there might be other solos on it soon.

Shelly

We have a group that travels together once a year and we are booked on this Hawaiian cruise as well. We have been talking about doing this itinerary for years and are excited to finally have it booked.

I know that one of the ladies in our group lost her husband last year. She is uncomfortable with the idea of cruising solo. She has a room booked, but has been trying to find someone to share.

I booked these as my 1st solo and 1st back to back.

I'm a little nervous about handling dinner time, but am hoping for the best.

The Conquest cruise has a roll call that started off here on CC. But has crossed over to face book and has become pretty active. So I'm less Leary of the Conquest cruise.

Hi. My name is Ron and I am going solo on Celebrity Summit to Canada this October. This will be my seventh cruise, but first without my DW. Anyone else on this Cruise? Also, does Celebrity usually have any solo/single functions?

Hi. My name is Ron and I am going solo on Celebrity Summit to Canada this October. This will be my seventh cruise, but first without my DW. Anyone else on this Cruise? Also, does Celebrity usually have any solo/single functions?

They used to have a single traveler Meet & Greet and may still have it but my experience was that it was poorly attended. If you have traditional dining then you should be seated with other solo cruisers. Late seating is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the response. I am scheduled for the late seating and specifically requested a large table with other solo travelers. Hopefully this gets done, but will check at main dining room when get on ship to see where I am seating and requested a change if needed.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the response. I am scheduled for the late seating and specifically requested a large table with other solo travelers. Hopefully this gets done, but will check at main dining room when get on ship to see where I am seating and requested a change if needed.

Thanks again!

Hi, I am not on your cruise but would suggest checking your roll call.

I have sailed Summit 6 times:), most recently August 4th to

Bermuda. She is one of my most favorite ships:D.....I had late seating

and ended up with a FABULOUS table:D....one other gal who was

sailing on her own from Texas and a family of 4 from Brooklyn. We

all got along great and I looked forward to dinner with them every

night!

For me? I don't care about sitting with all solos....as long as the

folks at the table are friendly? That is what matters most to me.:)

Any Sydney siders doing nov 10 to the islands on Rhapsody of the Seas as a solo. I see lots on here but not many Aussies/kiwis. Any one out there that does solos from Australia

Hi, I'm from Sydney but haven't done Solo's as yet. But planning on at least one next year. I'm looking at one that goes to Russia in June-July. If I see something closer to home at another time at the right price I'm on it too. :D

Rhapsody is great.

Edited by sayaguru

Hi everyone. I am a fun loving, active solo traveler in my mid 50's looking to make some new friends. My next 2 cruises are with Silversea (Spirit) December 13, 2013 and Celebrity Reflection January 25, 2014. Anyone else going?

Hi!

I am going on the Celebrity Constellation on 25 Jan 2014 (solo)! I am apparently on the wrong ship........JK :D.

I am new to Celebrity so I am getting my feet wet with this cruise; doing a B2B with a group of friends on IOS on 1 Feb 2014.

I would like to hear about your cruise with Silversea. I have looked at those cruises but have not taken one yet.

Happy cruising!!!:)

Hey there solo cruisers, my name is Glenn and I'm 48 years old and single. I have been on one cruise before and that was on the Carnival Destiny in 2009. I traveled with family that time. I need a vacation and I cant wait for my friends to have time off. So its solo for me. I am a bit nervous but I'm sure I'll be fine. I guess the MDR does have me a little anxious. I'm attending the meet and greet for our roll call so I can meet some folks there. I am also taking my guitar to enter the talent show. That might also be a good place to meet some folks. I have shore excursions planned for all three port calls. One is swimming with the dolphins! Anyhow I'm looking forward to a solo vacation!

Glenn

anyone sailing?

That's my question, exactly. Any solo cruisers going on either of these two Carnival cruises. Nov. 30 from New Orleans to Mexico and Jan 4 from New York to Bahamas. Both cruises are at a great price. Join the Roll Call and say hello if you have not already. I'm there waiting to say Hi back.:D

Hello. This is out of New Orleans for 11 days (my first "long" cruise with 6 days at sea). I will go to N.O. 2 days early as I've never been. I'm a 55+ cruiser from New England. Anyone else going? Lisa

Lisa, Since you live in Boston, you might be interested in another Repo.....11-07-2014 (Boston to New Orleans) 14-days on NCL Dawn. Ted

Have off 21 December to 4 of January. Can't wait on friends to get time off so I want to do a solo. Departure out of Florida or one of the Gulf states is preferred. Any suggestions appreciated as I am new to this cruising stuff. Been once on the Carnival Fascination and ready to go again.