Princess Elite Member

Samanthamelody3

Congratulations. Biggest misundersanding seems to be with the priorty tender perk. Your Elite staus allows you to skip having to get a tender ticket but does not get you to the front of the line to actually get off the ship. You still need to wait your turn to actually board the tender. Coming back to the ship it means nothing.

I haven't looked for it recently, but in the past there was little or nothing about the Loyalty OBC. Starting with your 21st cruise you get $25. At 32 cruises, it goes to $50. On 42 it is $75 and from 52 on it is $100. One award per cabin. Not huge, but every little bit helps

I am now a Princess Cruises Elite member! I know what the basic benefits are...but is there anything else I should know that isn't on the website?

Look for the room service order form for canapes on formal nights. The steward places it in your cabin the night before. The chocolate covered strawberries are great.

Laundry/Cleaning is great, but remember it is only for next day service. If you check same day service on the service form you will be charged.

You cabin will have the standard mini bar set up. There is a mini bar menu in your cabin. You can exchange certain items. For example small bottles of spirits for bottles of beer, or you can go all non alcohol. Contact room service for options. I think you can even get a coffee card.

Here's info from the Princess FAQs about the 20 items included in the standard mini-bar setup & what your options are for exchanging items:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

Call room service to exchange items & if you drink wine in your cabin then request wine glasses at the same time. I've read that the complete complimentary mini-bar setup has a value of about $75 and the complete exchange options are for two coffee cards (about $65) or a bottle of wine or all water ($32 each).

You can exchange parts of your package such as alcohol for beer (but not beer for alcohol) or anything for soda or water. We exchange our mini-bar for 10 beers & 10 Diet Cokes which we enjoy anywhere onboard because we received them from Princess.

I am elite but my husband is not. I sent out our laundry in one bag. Mine was free but they separated his out and charged for it. I only made that mistake once!

That surprises me. I had always heard that it depended on the status of the passenger whose name was on the form. If that person is elite then all laundry in that bag is free. If non-elite the charges applied.

You should get a notice about being able to go to the Elite lounge every evening before dinner for appetizers, etc. On our last cruise they held it in Skywalker's lounge for elite and suite passengers (maybe platinum) and had it seperately reserved from 5:30 - 7: 30 p.m.

You also get upgraded bath amenities. Small bowl/tray with body mist, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, loofah sponge and I think a nail file.

I am elite but my husband is not. I sent out our laundry in one bag. Mine was free but they separated his out and charged for it. I only made that mistake once!

You should of gone down and complained and said "Those tighty whities are mine, I wear them all the time, want to see.":eek: They probably would have taken your word for it:D

That is just not true. If there is one Elite in the cabin, everyone else in that cabin is entitled to the free laundry perk. This was confirmed on Princess's FB page. All you need do is put all the laundry in one bag with the Elites name on it. Sorry if you were charged, but you should have complained.

Really? I always thought it was only for the elite level passengers.

That means since my hubby and I are registered in two separate cabins with our granddaughter and her parents divided among us, all five of us get free laundry?

That means since my hubby and I are registered in two separate cabins with our granddaughter and her parents divided among us, all five of us get free laundry?

Technically, yes. Entitled to it? No.

That is what I thought. That only the Elite members would get the free laundry. Are you saying that the others are not entitled?

I'd never send theirs in if that were the case. I believe in earned privileges, not under the table ones.

Wow, I have never heard of that. I do not feel the staff has the right to determine "who's who" with the laundry. How do they know that for sure. They may surmise, but if laundry is in the same bag with Elite's name on it, this shouldn't be questioned. I'm not saying who has the right to use the benefit, just saying that staff should not have the right to make that determination. JMHO! :p

Some people will try anything to see what they can get away with......

Remember the free internet minutes that have now gone away?:(

I got a flash sale for May cruise that was too good to pass up. With that cruise I made Elite status, so I am new.:D I did a one day cruise after that.

So here is two questions: How does the tender work? Do you just show your card? Or is there a tender slip in your cabin?

Is the $25 per cabin just for the 21th cruise or every cruise after that until you reach the next level?:confused:

Linda

I got a flash sale for May cruise that was too good to pass up. With that cruise I made Elite status, so I am new.:D I did a one day cruise after that.

So here is two questions: How does the tender work? Do you just show your card? Or is there a tender slip in your cabin?

Is the $25 per cabin just for the 21th cruise or every cruise after that until you reach the next level?:confused:

Linda

For Elite tendering, you just go to the gangway to the tendering and get on the end of the line (if there is one). Show your card.

The $25 is each cruise starting with 21 thru 31. $50 is 32 thru 41, $75 is 42 thru 51 and $100 is 52 thru 9999999999999999999999

For Elite tendering, you just go to the gangway to the tendering and get on the end of the line (if there is one). Show your card.

Once when there must have been many Elites onboard we were directed to the dining room to go with the next group without a tender ticket. Didn't you have a non-standard procedure on your SA cruise with over 1,000 Elites?

Archived