Chance of a price drop on Oasis - Spring Break "14

We have booked a D1 category balcony (hump :)) on Oasis for Spring Break '14 (leaving 3/22/14). I've always had luck in getting a reduced price with booking so far out and taking advantage of a price drop by checking on rates a lot.

Our cabin price is $1,659/pp but I'm not sure with it being Oasis if the price will go down at all between now and sailing.

Does anyone who have sailed on Oasis during a peak time have any luck with a price drop from this price range or is the demand still high that the price won't change?

Thanks

That price seems high, even for Oasis. Are there less expensive D type staterooms available?

Yes, there are less expensive cabins but we are mid ship with a balcony on the hump. Not complaining about the price (or I wouldn't have booked). Just curious about the chances of taking advantage of I price drop like I have been lucky to do on most of my prior cruises by watching rates.

We are new to this class of ship so not sure of likelyhood of a price drop especially during a peak sailing time.

We have booked a D1 category balcony (hump :)) on Oasis for Spring Break '14 (leaving 3/22/14). I've always had luck in getting a reduced price with booking so far out and taking advantage of a price drop by checking on rates a lot.

Our cabin price is $1,659/pp but I'm not sure with it being Oasis if the price will go down at all between now and sailing.

Does anyone who have sailed on Oasis during a peak time have any luck with a price drop from this price range or is the demand still high that the price won't change?

Thanks

In the past I have cruised Spring Break the first week of March. It seems that after I return I see Oasis at $749pp. I didn't look this year but it was true in '11 and '12. I suspect that it will drop next year but I think that I will stick with Indy for 8 days. I envision too many on Oasis at Spring Break to really enjoy her. Good luck.

Thanks

I just looked at the prices for 3/23/2013 D1. I'd say you did very well. Prices during spring break are relatively higher than a typical Oasis sailing.$1839 was the cheapest I saw it going back to June 2012 and that was regular as well as senior and a few resident rates. Other months you may have saved a couple hundred dollars.

We were booked on the Allure leaving 3/10/13 - AX cabin total cost (double occupancy) were 2,302.70, L was $1449 - including all port taxes, etc. We booked it in January.

We typically cruise the week of Easter - rates usually go down as the cruise gets closer/after final payment.

We sailed Oasis last winter/spring - our spring break college reading week was a little earlier - at the end of February, but it was Presidents week and also winter break for New York area public schools, so the cruise was pretty heavily booked.

We also booked a D1 for around $1500 - the price didn't drop for us prior to final payment, but after final payment the prices for JS cabins dropped and we were able to upgrade for $20 each, so I suggest you keep checking the price even after final payment.

Archived