Losing OBC Question

muleevans

I'm still kind of confused after looking at some older threads on this subject.

I booked an Early Saver 8 day cruise while I was on a cruise last year which gave me a $100 Promotional OBC.

If I see a cheaper rate for my cruise, will I lose the $100 Promotional OBC ??

Thanks for any help.

As the PP have said you will lose that $50.00 Promotional OBC because it is a different promotion.

This just happened with us. We had $50.00 OBC from the Friends and Family Fall Sale. I lost it when I put in for a price reduction of $240.00.

$240.00 vs $50.00 was a no-brainer :rolleyes: :)

Why would they lose the OBC? I thought that OBC was taking the place of the OBC you used to get with the Future cruise certificates. I sure hope I dont lose mine just because I apply for price drops. If that is the case what good does it do a person to book ES while on a cruise??

I have had several price drops since booking onboard and receiving the $100 obc....the prices change, the OBC from that onboard booking stay intact. Just be sure to double check with your PVP or TA and make them understand that it was the OBC received for onboard booking.

I thought the OBC from booking a future cruise while on a cruise would not be lost. At least that was always my understanding. I think some of the previous posters misunderstood the original question.

You will NOT lose it. Sometimes when they update your booking after you put in for a price drop, it drops off your booking (Carnival's wonderful system) and will have to contact your TA or PVP to have them reinstate it. I have had to do it just a couple of times.

Good luck on price drops!!

Why would they lose the OBC? I thought that OBC was taking the place of the OBC you used to get with the Future cruise certificates. I sure hope I dont lose mine just because I apply for price drops. If that is the case what good does it do a person to book ES while on a cruise??

We booked ES rate ONBOARD for our 2014 B2B on Liberty in order to receive the $100 OBC on each cruise.

We have received 4 or 5 price drops so far on each of them. We have not lost our $100 OBC for booking ONBOARD our 2013 cruises.

However, our most recent price drops have been for booking Military Savings. It comes with a $50 OBC. Any future price drops we have to deduct the $50 OBC to see if it's actually a price drop.

We've had 2 Military Savings price drops on one of our cruises. However, the OBC was still offered so we didn't lose it.

Travel with a group of two hundred plus , Carnival rep on the ship explained it differently, we were told we would lose our booked OBC if we were to put in for price drops :eek: Oh well that cruise is over and done with ,no one put in for price drops. I guess it would be up to the person you ask that question to at that time . Confusion is not another city in China ,it's a Carnival rep.

I'm still kind of confused after looking at some older threads on this subject.

I booked an Early Saver 8 day cruise while I was on a cruise last year which gave me a $100 Promotional OBC.

If I see a cheaper rate for my cruise, will I lose the $100 Promotional OBC ??

Thanks for any help.

No, you will not lose it. That OBC is yours for booking a cruise while on a cruise.

Now, if the cruise you booked was running a special that offered OBC; you'd lose that OBC if you put in for a price reduction. But again, the OBC you earned for booking a cruise while on a cruise is yours to keep...just like the two certificates you were given to give to friends or family. If they book the same cruise you did within 60 days, they'd also get the same OBC.

They entice you to book with the promo OBC then if you ask for a price reduction you lose it. Bait & Switch perhaps.. I lost $50 obc as well.. I was po'd but PVP could do nothing.. I'll get my 50 back once onboard in my own way. Stupid Carnival!

They entice you to book with the promo OBC then if you ask for a price reduction you lose it. Bait & Switch perhaps.. I lost $50 obc as well.. I was po'd but PVP could do nothing.. I'll get my 50 back once onboard in my own way. Stupid Carnival!

It is clear when you apply for a price drop that you might need to give up OBC fron a fare special. It is simple math to figure out if the price drop is worth losing the fare special OBC.

So, you want both the OBC from a prior rate AND the price drop?

The OBC that is offered with some of these fares should simply be considered part of the total fare. You find one lower, then, of course, the OBC has to be taken into consideration. No idea why you would consider that a bait-and-switch. It isn't at all.

I just book and pay what I'm willing to pay. If it doesn't drop, so be it. I wouldn't have booked if I wasn't willing to pay that fare. It if goes up, then I guess I booked at the right time, didn't I?

For my November cruise, I have a 1A cabin, which is sold out. The 4As are now less. Tough luck for me since I want to keep the cabin I selected. Guess I could stomp my foot and whine about how unfair Carnival is. But if I wanted the price drop, I could switch cabins. I don't get both. That's life!

Back to the original question - NO to losing the OBC for booking while onboard. It's a totally different animal.

Since no one else asked, I will. Just how will you get "your" $50 back once you are on board???? :confused:

Archived