Corner aft wraps?

NoobCruise

Which HAL ships have the corner aft wraps? We sailed in one on the Westerdam last year and I'm afraid DH may be spoiled for good. Sounds like a great "problem", right? Except I'm afraid it limits our itineraries. I want to do the Inside Passage, but it doesn't look like any of them have an aft wrap, and I can't seem to get his interest in a regular balcony :( So which ships should I be looking at so I can check out their itineraries?

Sorry, I know I should research this myself, but I'm on some meds post op that are making focusing a little difficult :p

Which HAL ships have the corner aft wraps? We sailed in one on the Westerdam last year and I'm afraid DH may be spoiled for good. Sounds like a great "problem", right? Except I'm afraid it limits our itineraries. I want to do the Inside Passage, but it doesn't look like any of them have an aft wrap, and I can't seem to get his interest in a regular balcony :( So which ships should I be looking at so I can check out their itineraries?

Sorry, I know I should research this myself, but I'm on some meds post op that are making focusing a little difficult :p

I believe they would be the Westerdam Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, Noordam, Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam.

Also when one is looking for specific cabins like these, one books far ahead. We didn't have great luck with weather on our two Alaskan cruises--rain and fog on first (July) and snow and rain on second. (Sept) but we didn't do balconies. We had a good balcony on a 10-day S. Carib and I fell asleep on the lounge out there and woke up as we approached Curacao! Breakfast is nice out there with a good sized table etc.

We had an aft wrap cabin on the Oosterdam for a repositioning cruise San Diego to Vancouver in April 2012 after a visit from the upgrade fairy :)

The Oosterdam is sailing Alaska this season. We are booked for the last cruise of the season. Hopefully we will hear from the upgrade fairy again.

Rockfan2

The Veendam also has an aft wrap around cabin. One of my most favorite cabins on a HAL sailing, beside the Neptune suites.

I love the aft cabins too. Choose carefully... only one deck the aft cabin balcony is covered. It tends to rain a lot in AK.:)

I was recently in 7087 on the Volendam and the balcony is an aft wrap of sorts. The balcony does not wrap but extends to the rear of the ship with no balcony divider blocking your aft view. The counterpart cabin on the port side is the same configuration.

Another benefit of this cabin is the "secret rear deck" with a staircase to the aft pool. It is very close and convenient and provides a beautiful viewing area.

Archived