Almost live Grandeur review sailing 7/19/13

I wouldn't rule out Izumi. I love sushi but my kids dont...and yet its still their favorite specialty restaurant. They love the hot rock meals (or whatever its called). They bring you out your meal (chicken, steak, seafood or whatever you order) raw and give you a very hot rock to cook it on. You can cook your food to your preference (rare, medium or well done). It's sort of like a twist on fondue. Its fun and food is good. It's certainly not Chops but its a fun dinner experience.

Enjoy your cruise!

I wouldn't rule out Izumi......They love the hot rock meals (or whatever its called). They bring you out your meal (chicken, steak, seafood or whatever you order) raw and give you a very hot rock to cook it on. You can cook your food to your preference (rare, medium or well done). It's sort of like a twist on fondue......

Didn't know this about Izumi...it does sound fun! Thanks for sharing!!

OP, have a great trip!! Looking forward to more updates.

We made it! The hotel is just as wonderful as ever. We just finished the "ghost tour" , which included a lot of history of the hotel and Fell's Point. The tour ended at the tavern downstairs where we met the hotel's general manager, Mario, a great guy. We are off to dinner now at La Scala!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[ATTACH]279485[/ATTACH]

View of the harbor from the roof top deck. A few more things about the Admiral Fell Inn: they have a stay and cruise package that includes up to 8 days of parking, your room, a town car transfer to and from the ship, and a 25.00 dining voucher ( we used it at La Scala last night). The restaurant provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel.

It is a sunny and hot day here in Baltimore- can't wait to get on board !

I wouldn't rule out Izumi. I love sushi but my kids dont...and yet its still their favorite specialty restaurant. They love the hot rock meals (or whatever its called). They bring you out your meal (chicken, steak, seafood or whatever you order) raw and give you a very hot rock to cook it on. You can cook your food to your preference (rare, medium or well done). It's sort of like a twist on fondue. Its fun and food is good. It's certainly not Chops but its a fun dinner experience.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have it booked for embarkation night in September.. it will be our 15th anniversary. I cannot wait to try the Hot rock combo.

I wonder if the chef know how to make tako yaki?!

we just pulled in to port canaveral :). No issues with tbe ship, and love my aft balcony! Weather has been a little rainy, but we are having a great time

Wow! And on the aft! Any reports about how things look back there after the fire, any talk of the reparations or things still under construction?

Hope you are having a great time! :D

Hi KTeacher!

Hope you're having a great cruise!

Did this cruise leave from Port Canaveral?!! We just got back from the Freedom in PC :)

We'll be on a triple B2B beginning Friday - can't wait to hear all about the ship.

Does the Grandeur have the Freestyle soda machines? They were really nice on the FOS. Also, do you know if the Diamond lounge is open?

Thanks! Enjoy your week!!!

Debbie (a fellow teacher!)

The internet has not been working most of the week, so I will give a lengthy update when we get in tomorrow.

The cruise has been great, no real issues. No smoky or sewege smell anywhere. No coke freestyle machine onboard:(. Weather was great earlier in the cruise, kind of overcast today.

Invited to the captain's table :), dined in Giovanni's twice, Chop's once, and Chef's table. I will review dining when we get back.

Staff are excellent, and cabin 7150 is great :) !

We booked our dream cruise for next summer, 12 nights in a Celebrity Suite on Celebrity Equinox, doing the mediterranean to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

I'll try to answer any questions when we get back to Baltimore. We will be at the Admiral Fell Inn tomorrow, doing the aquarium during the day, and the Red Sox vs. Orioles game tomorrow night :)

So glad it's been a great cruise. I'm looking forward to the rest of your review when you get back. I'm particularly interested in your experience at Giovanni's Table, as we plan to celebrate DH's birthday there next month.

And congrats on your booking for next summer to celebrate your 30th anniversary. Have fun in Baltimore and enjoy the Aquarium and ball game at Camden Yard!

The internet has not been working most of the week, so I will give a lengthy update when we get in tomorrow.

The cruise has been great, no real issues. No smoky or sewege smell anywhere. No coke freestyle machine onboard:(. Weather was great earlier in the cruise, kind of overcast today.

Invited to the captain's table :), dined in Giovanni's twice, Chop's once, and Chef's table. I will review dining when we get back.

Staff are excellent, and cabin 7150 is great :) !

We booked our dream cruise for next summer, 12 nights in a Celebrity Suite on Celebrity Equinox, doing the mediterranean to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

I'll try to answer any questions when we get back to Baltimore. We will be at the Admiral Fell Inn tomorrow, doing the aquarium during the day, and the Red Sox vs. Orioles game tomorrow night :)

Glad to hear you're having a great time! Looking forward to your review!

We are all checked in back at the Admiral Fell Inn :). Here are a few photos of cabin # 7150:

ImageUploadedByForums1374850798.218649.jpg.f8e4fcba3f707e95975989845d0011ed.jpg

Walk in closet - sorry, clothes don't come with it :)

ImageUploadedByForums1374850839.666403.jpg.7cc3be73c663cadee508ef2ebb7d9337.jpg

The infamous sink. I had no problem, but my husband said it was too small.

More to come- off to the aquarium!

We are all checked in back at the Admiral Fell Inn :). Here are a few photos of cabin # 7150:

[ATTACH]280296[/ATTACH]

Walk in closet - sorry, clothes don't come with it :)

[ATTACH]280297[/ATTACH]

The infamous sink. I had no problem, but my husband said it was too small.

More to come- off to the aquarium!

Thanks so much for the photos, looking forward to your review!!!! Congrats on your dream cruise, it will be wonderful!

I'll try to organize this by days, but if I am apologizing beforehand if I throw in some random stuff.

Day One

We ate a great breakfast at the Blue Moon Cafe, which is in Fell's Point. It was featured on The Food Network, Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins. Captain Crunch French Toast anyone :).

One of the great things about the Admiral Fell Inn is that they offer a great cruise and stay package that includes parking and a town car transfer to the pier. They must have heard about all my shoes, so they sent the Mercedes party van to transport us :).

We got to the pier around 11:30. Check- in was quick and smooth, and we were on the ship before noon. We had just finished a big breakfast, so skipped lunch in the Windjammer, and just had drinks instead ( yay!).

Our cabin was ready at 1, and walked down the hallway on deck 7 to our corner aft, # 7150

ImageUploadedByForums1374927581.693173.jpg.d2db314a419ded770cf99017f5c1ef69.jpg

Here's another shot of the bathroom.

We are meeting friends at Miss Shirley's for breakfast, so more later :)

ImageUploadedByForums1374927542.240555.jpg.cc30d8d8a5945d8bf89054723fa7e81e.jpg

Archived