Refresh my memory --- pools open during embarkation?

Getting on the Grandeur on Friday noon time and it is hotter then blazes out here right now...over 100 when we get on the ship Friday. Are the pools open when you get on? Kids plan to just wear their swimsuits to get on the ship. I have totally forgotten since it has been years since we were on her last.

Yes, and thats one of the hot spots people go to.. Your room isnt ready you want something to do before the boat leaves port. I will be departing the 26th and you better believe i will be carrying my bathing suit in my carry on. I will be in the Solarium , with a beverage.

Getting on the Grandeur on Friday noon time and it is hotter then blazes out here right now...over 100 when we get on the ship Friday. Are the pools open when you get on? Kids plan to just wear their swimsuits to get on the ship. I have totally forgotten since it has been years since we were on her last.

Be sure to pack your sunscreen in your carry on! The ship's shops won't be open in port and, if you're fair or not used to being in the direct sun, you can easily burn in a short timeframe. Or, of course, sit in the shade.:)

Most likely yes but I have seen the pools closed on embarkation day for maintenance.

We've seen them closed for maintenance on embarkation day too.

Not so fun for folks on a B2B not having the pools open on the turn-around day.

LuLu

~~~~

Yes, and thats one of the hot spots people go to.. Your room isnt ready you want something to do before the boat leaves port. I will be departing the 26th and you better believe i will be carrying my bathing suit in my carry on. I will be in the Solarium , with a beverage.

As far as hot spots it pales in comparison to the Windjammer. :D

The pool has been closed several times when we have embarked on a ship. I think they had just cleaned them. Usually they opened after a short time.

I would hope this weekend they would have the pools up and running.

Here is a picture from the day we boarded the Grandeur in April. You can see it is closed.

P4240113_zps7e07f09b.jpg

They opened it about 3:30pm.

"embarkation day" is someone else's "debarkation day", and they usually try to have the pools roped off/netted/otherwise unusable to lower temptation and aid getting folks off the ship promptly. If the pools seem closed right after you've boarded, it's often because there just hasn't been time to get the nets back off.

Thats the first place I go. After the pool bar of course.

well the two ARE located pretty close to one another heheheh

if we have those thunderstorms that are predicted for Friday, they may be closed due to lightning strike danger, in which case just keep heading down to the Solarium. and yes I have seen them drained or netted on embarkation day as well

of course last time I boarded in Baltimore it was snowing....Funny how nobody crowded the pool bar that day......

Archived