Marketplace - Aloha Stadium

Cthy651

Lots of vendors, lots of same stuff which you will see same in Waikiki. Some interesting food vendors. Hot, hot, HOT! Lots of people go, so it is something you alone can decide. Can get most of same cheap stuff at International Market.

We went once, and have never gone back and we have been to Oahu 12 times.

We try to go when on Oahu, and guests to the islands request it. It is a one stop shopping spot for souvenirs at prices better than International market place, walmart, etc. There are a couple of vendors who sell their items here and at high price boutiques on the islands, with much better prices here. If you have a couple of hours and are wanting to purchase personal or gift items this is a great stop. I don't like to shop so going to malls or lots of shopping venues to find what I want is out of the question. Aloha Stadium covers it all for me. Cherie

Honestly, I wouldn't waste any of my time there. Same crap souvenirs made in China that you could pick up at IMP or, if you like to do your shopping at international big box stores, Walmart. It wouldn't be worth the dollar I saved.

There are so many other better things to do on Oahu. If you are there on a Saturday, go to the Saturday Farmer's Market at Kapiolani Community College, just past Waikiki on the way to Diamond Head. Amazing LOCAL products and some good food to nibble on (The Lady and the Pig - OMG - for Asian). Why would you want to pick up something made by slave labor in a Communist country that is pawned off as a "Hawaiian" souvenir than something that is actually made in Hawaii????

Besides the vendors that all have the same things made in foreign countries, there are vendors with "made in Hawaii" products. Two of my favorite products that sell for $$$ at boutique shops in the islands sell for $ at the Aloha Stadium. I wouldn't go there to observe, but as a one stop shopping spot it's great. Also, if you don't have a car it's not convenient. Cherie

Thanks, lots of food for thought, we will be arriving on Saturday early evening and board the Solstice on Monday. I know I like to get a good bargain, but hubby would probably like to give it a miss, lol.

Be prepared, it is HUGE! If you do go, get there early (before the really bad heat)!

The only thing I really purchased was cell phone charms (lady gave me a good deal because I bought 20 of them as souvenirs for friends). And I love jewlery, so I found some silver/copper pieces that were reasonably priced (compared to other venues we visited).

IN past years, I've bought towels, sweat shirts, key chains, etc for a lot less than Walmart or ABC stores.

Actually my husband was the one that wanted to go there, me not so much. Ended up enjoying our half day there.

Archived