Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

I see opportunity. I'm offering to become a wine mule, selflessly carrying on a bottle of wine...my one allowed bottle...to be a bottle of YOUR choice for YOUR consumption, for the low, low price of an inside cabin on the cruise of my choice. You won't come across a deal like this every day.

Can we get back on topic and move the "what else can they do to cut costs" to a new thread please?

Those saying their bookings will go elsewhere, what line has an all-you-can-carry policy other than Oceana?

Edited by sppunk

Can we get back on topic and move the "what else can they do to cut costs" to a new thread please?

Those saying their bookings will go elsewhere, what line has an all-you-can-carry policy other than Oceana?

It doesn't have to be an all-you-can-carry. Don't disregard the other side of the equation. The quality and pricing of the ship's wine list is equally important.

Not allowing all-you-can-carry coupled with HAL's weak wine list = a "no go" for me.

Not allowing all-you-can-carry coupled with an extensive, reasonably priced wine list = a "go" for me.

Chiquita banana freighters have a pretty liberal policy and free banana daiquiris at Happy Hour

Apparently ANY line is better than Hal, especially Celebrity. I think some folks may get a rude awakening when they actually take that awesome cruise.

Was the iron found in her carry-on baggage or checked baggage? Or was it was reported by the room stewart?

Please let us know why you find it so hard to believe that bags are NOT x-rayed at every port on every cruise line.

My sister had an iron in her checked luggage. It was confiscated. Some of us used to travel with irons, back in the day.

The New Wine Policy went into effect yesterday on Hollands America Ships.

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES BROUGHT ON BOARD

Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or

champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in their

carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. Guests

are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors

and spirits onboard. Holland America Line reserves the

right to remove all alcoholic beverages from guest luggage

that violates this policy. Any alcoholic beverage found

will be removed and returned on the last evening of the

voyage. Guests will not receive any monetary compensation

for alcoholic beverages that were removed from luggage.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or

from onboard shops will be stored and returned on the last

evening of the voyage. A corkage fee of US$20.00 (subject

to change) applies to wine and champagne brought to the

restaurants or bars for consumption. In-Room Dining offers

reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom

consumption of alcoholic beverages (a 15% Service Charge

on all beverage items and packages with beverages will be

added).

Guests who violate any of our alcohol policies (e.g., attempt

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check

points or any other time, provide alcohol to guests under age

21, over consume, or demonstrate irresponsible behavior),

may be denied boarding or may be disembarked at their

own expense.

It has already been updated in the online "What you need to know" booklet on page 6

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for letting us know about this change in the carry on wine policy. I appreciate the information and the daily ship updates that you provide and post on the Holland America forum.

soccer

Disney Cruise Line allows you to bring onboard (on embarkation and at port calls) what ever beverages you wish. As much as you wish. As long as it's in your carryon bag, not checked.

Copper 10-8 is probably busy today confiscating the excess wines passengers (who had no notice) are trying to bring on board the ships leaving today. So I doubt we will hear from him.

Maybe he and colleagues should get combat pay with the implementation of the new policy.

Apparently ANY line is better than Hal, especially Celebrity. I think some folks may get a rude awakening when they actually take that awesome cruise.

I don't think anyone made that statement Lorene:confused:

But I could have missed something.

the point is there are mass market lines and upscale lines that permit wine.

The point is that things have been changing on HAL. I've been pretty tolerant all along (I think I have been called a cheerleader) but this is not something I support. Remember, we tend to sail in Europe.

The whole concept that the rule would be the same for a 7 day cruise or a 30 day cruise or a 60 day cruise or even a world cruise is ludicruous.

anyways, we can agree to disagree - you know i didn't like Celebrity - but you know what? the N Amsterdam was a huge letdown too. Not at the bottom of the barrel but I certainly wouldn't have recommended anyone be on that cruise.

We have lots of loyalty numbers - NCL, Celebrity, Princess and one pile of points with a couple - so why not try one of them or go upscale - after all if I have to pay top dollar for a lower level wine all the time (not just at dinner or in the bars) - and, if I am not going to book a suite on HAL - then that changes a lot of things.

Each to their own - we all have choices - and if this policy remains as is, we have made ours!

On RCI they have x-ray scanners to scan all handbaggage when boarding the ship and also after a port day.

I am sure the scanners will soon appear on HAL too.

Soon? I can't remember ever boarding a HAL ship where hand luggage didn't have to go through a scanner either in the terminal (at embarkation generally) or on the ship.

Def not better! More suite perks, yes, and amazing all inclusive beverage package, persian gardens nice too, great wine list. Thats it for me, in other ways they are not better.

If HAL inproved wine list and bev package, (and didn't implement this after people gave them money in good faith under the old policy)

like if they advertised it for all new cruises booked moving forward) then we would stick w HAL...

There would be nothing wrong w it.

The point is that things have been changing on HAL. I've been pretty tolerant all along (I think I have been called a cheerleader) but this is not something I support. Remember, we tend to sail in Europe.

The whole concept that the rule would be the same for a 7 day cruise or a 30 day cruise or a 60 day cruise or even a world cruise is ludicruous.

anyways, we can agree to disagree - you know i didn't like Celebrity - but you know what? the N Amsterdam was a huge letdown too. Not at the bottom of the barrel but I certainly wouldn't have recommended anyone be on that cruise.

We have lots of loyalty numbers - NCL, Celebrity, Princess and one pile of points with a couple - so why not try one of them or go upscale - after all if I have to pay top dollar for a lower level wine all the time (not just at dinner or in the bars) - and, if I am not going to book a suite on HAL - then that changes a lot of things.

Each to their own - we all have choices - and if this policy remains as is, we have made ours!

It just seems to me that folks just think that every line is so much better. Or the great suggestions to drain the pool etc. I'm a put your money where your mouth is person. There was a time several years ago that I was fed up with Hal. I didn't step for on a Hal ship for a few years. That's a long time for me. I don't blame people one bit for being upset about this policy but to carry on to the absurd is another. You never entered my mind for one second so these comments don't have anything to do with what you've said.

The s9 video of breakaway that i posted, amazing suite that it is, looks much better now lol!