New Wine Policy - Letting Passengers Know

Windsailer

Since HAL doesn't appear to be notifying passengers on upcoming cruises of the change in policy, perhaps those of us on upcoming cruises could post a message on our Rolls Calls letting folks know. I'd hate to arrive at the cruise terminal in Venice, Barcelona, Seattle etc. with 6 bottles of wine and have 4 of them confiscated. Just a thought.

I really would like to know if the passengers currently on HAL ships have been notified or if any of them have had their wine confiscated.

Since HAL doesn't appear to be notifying passengers on upcoming cruises of the change in policy, perhaps those of us on upcoming cruises could post a message on our Rolls Calls letting folks know. I'd hate to arrive at the cruise terminal in Venice, Barcelona, Seattle etc. with 6 bottles of wine and have 4 of them confiscated. Just a thought.

I really would like to know if the passengers currently on HAL ships have been notified or if any of them have had their wine confiscated.

Very good idea. :)

Oh my gosh - you figured out why HAL did this without notice! With all the confiscated wine their wine offerings will really improve! And they should be able to sell the bottle at a reaonable price since HAL didn't have to pay for it.

Oh my gosh - you figured out why HAL did this without notice! With all the confiscated wine their wine offerings will really improve! And they should be able to sell the bottle at a reaonable price since HAL didn't have to pay for it.

LOL - Well played.

A telegram is on the way

an email would do:rolleyes: If they can email me to book shore excursions for a cruise in 2014 (and no shore excursions are available yet) then I would think they could hit a button and email all their bookings.

I don't think it would be that hard - mind you they might not want to but I think it behooves them to do it. From a customer caring point of view and an ethical point of view - but that's just my opinion of course.

They'e sent me nada - and I'm sailing in a month. The arrogance of the way they did this has just finished me off where HAL is concerned. I think they are going to regret this - they certainly have no PR skills.

Check the longer thread about this new policy. I just walked away from nearly a $10K Pinnacle suite booking today and instead booked an NCL Haven OS. This new policy pushed me over the edge. Much more explanation of why on the other thread. Maybe when HAL brings the keg of beer with wet T Shirts included for $599 per week Carnivore will think that they made this up to us.

Check the longer thread about this new policy. I just walked away from nearly a $10K Pinnacle suite booking today and instead booked an NCL Haven OS. This new policy pushed me over the edge. Much more explanation of why on the other thread. Maybe when HAL brings the keg of beer with wet T Shirts included for $599 per week Carnivore will think that they made this up to us.

Ditto. I have an almost-$10K cruise booked for April. The amount of wine I can bring is not a deal-breaker - but the way they have rolled this out, with no warning and with arrogance - is.

an email would do:rolleyes: If they can email me to book shore excursions for a cruise in 2014 (and no shore excursions are available yet) then I would think they could hit a button and email all their bookings.

I don't think it would be that hard - mind you they might not want to but I think it behooves them to do it. From a customer caring point of view and an ethical point of view - but that's just my opinion of course.

I agree with you, Jacqui 100%.

Ditto. The amount of wine I can bring is not a deal-breaker - but the way they have rolled this out, with no warning and with arrogance - is.

Agree, but they can send out e-mails encouraging us to buy excursions at ports the ship will not be visiting during our cruise.:D

Ditto. I have an almost-$10K cruise booked for April. The amount of wine I can bring is not a deal-breaker - but the way they have rolled this out, with no warning and with arrogance - is.

I agree with all of you, We are upset, will start looking at other alternatives, still have time prior to final payment.......... thank you everyone for the heads-up.

:mad: We are booked on the Prinsendam for the South America/Antarctica cruise in January. $30,000 for the lowest category of ocean view. We are rethinking now In the past we always took one 5Ltr box of wine from with us strictly for consumption in the cabin Now we will not be able to do this. Our cruising over the last several years has been limited to HAL and always cruises of at least 35 days. We do about 2 a year. We also liked to bring aboard a nice bottle from the local ports on occasion. We regularly purchase wine packages that we consume in the dining room. Now I'm either missing something or imagining But we always bought the 7 bottle Navigator package ( 2 or 3 each cruise) But now I don't see the 7 bottle package (the most economical) offered anymore. and the other packages seemed to have become a little more costly. As 4 star mariners we pay half price but it still adds up to a nice chunk of change for some so so wines. Some on these boards think this new policy will bring wine prices down. I doubt it.

Archived