Solstice stability

lynsteve

We were on Solstice in the Med and Adriatic last October and have been on some unsteadier pavements (sidewalks). We had an aft cabin and enjoyed every minute of the cruise. I ran on deck a number of mornings and had no problems.

Haven't heard or seen any reports that it has sunk. :D

It was the first Celebrity ship that we have sailed on and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

anyone comment on the stability of the solstice, I have read some concerning reports. We sail on her in 12 weeks. Look forward to any info from recent cruises.

Cheers

Are you asking about the ship's stability (the ability of the ship to right itself in any condition of wind, wave, or damage), or the motion of the ship in a seaway?

anyone comment on the stability of the solstice, I have read some concerning reports. We sail on her in 12 weeks. Look forward to any info from recent cruises.

Cheers

It will be the motion of the ocean that will determine any ship's stability.

If you can get an accurate weather prediction three months out then you will know if you should be sailing at all.;)

You will probably be cruising the Pacific and the Tasman Sea. The latter is notorious for very rough seas.

We found Solstice to be a bit less stable than Millennium Class ships but I have never been able to sail on two different ships at the same time in the same conditions to be able to make a definite decision.

Get a cabin midship on the lowest deck possible and enjoy the ride.

If the seas are really bad, no ship will keep you from feeling under the weather.

I've always found the Solstice Class ships very stable. Thing is "rocky" can be more subjective than food. I've been on a ship with people saying how rough it had been and I'd hardly felt a thing or if I had it was not very much movement at all.

Phil

Hey Phil, was that after your Boddington's break?:D

Dave

Cheers

We spent 6 weeks on the Solstice from Sydney to Seattle and stability was never a issue. There were a few days of rough seas but it was not a big deal. We were on deck 11 and thought we would feel it more but did not.

Cheers

What reports did you come across? We were on the Solstice in the Med; no issues. My brother and his family are on her right now and all he's doing is texting me photos that turn me green with envy. ;)

As the others have said, Solstice has absolutely no tendencies toward instability. It is part of a five-ship "class" on Celebrity, and none of the ships have had a "stability" issue.

I have been on Solstice in Mediterranean as well as for a smooth crossing of the Tasman Sea. Also, two trips on Silhouette in Mediterranean, no issues.

If your "reports" come from individuals who encountered a rough crossing of the Tasman Sea, that could happen on any ship!

I am also not clear what the OP is asking. Are you asking how she handles the waves? If yes, I would say as well as any ship I have been on with a similar design - IMHO more stable than the M class ships or Century. I have ridden them all multiple times. The ocean at the time, and your location on the ship will determine how much motion you will feel if any. If the waves get high enough, and you are hitting them at a certain angle, any ship will rock and roll. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just plain wrong (irrespective as to how smooth their sailing was - unfortunately you are not on their sailing). A few cruises ago on the sister ship Eclipse, we were in a corner rear room and while it was wonderful, we had some seas going and when you were way back in our room it was rolling around quite a bit. When you went to mid-ship it was not too bad. Can you clarify your question, or did we answer it already?

The last time I was on Solstice, I had lunch with the Chief Engineer (he invited me to join him as the buffet was very busy, with no tables open nearby).

He told me it was the most stable ship he had ever sailed. He had been sailing for 24 years.

Thanks to all who replied to my thread.

The concerning report that I read was on sea scanner.

We do have a mid ship cabin close to the centrum lifts.

So fingers X for calm seas and happy sailing days.

Cheers.

Cheers

Disembarked the Solstice this morning. She is a beautiful ship and she has incredible stability!

Enjoy!!

Disembarked the Solstice this morning. She is a beautiful ship and she has incredible stability!

Enjoy!!

Thanks that's very reassuring.

Really looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise, usually RCI.

Cheers

Enjoy!!

Sorry for the hijack:

Could you check the names of senior staff members on Solstice: The list is really out of date:

WhoinJulypic.png

Sorry for the hijack:

Could you check the names of senior staff members on Solstice: The list is really out of date:

WhoinJulypic.png

None of those names seem familiar from last March, how old is it. I can give a proper update come October as I will be aboard the Solstice again.:D

Archived