What Happened to our Cruise on the Riviera

dlouise

We booked Timeless Treasures on the Riviera leaving Barcelona July 5,2014 with three days in Haifa, Israel, and one day in Alexandria Egypt, 3 seas days and other various ports.

When I checked our booking online today our trip is now titled European Mosaic. None of the original ports are there except Barcelona and Istanbul. Gone is Haifa, the reason for our booking the day it was announced. We were not notified of the change, how can this entire trip be changed without letting those already booked know.

I called "O" as soon as I saw the change and can not get an answer as to what happened to our dream trip.

FDR, if you are reading this please let us know what has happened, and why the change was made.

how can this entire trip be changed without letting those already booked know.

I suspect that your Travel Agent got the notification(s).

When you book through an Agent, the Cruise Line is obligated to deal only with that Agent and not with you, directly.

I suspect that your Travel Agent got the notification(s).

When you book through an Agent, the Cruise Line is obligated to deal only with that Agent and not with you, directly.

On our last cruise we had several itinerary changes 4 to be exact and one on board. Of the 4 changes our TA was only advised of the last. Even calling "O" to change prebooked shore excursion they had no clue that the port was eliminated.

So please do not jump the gun in defending O..

I wouldn't mind 4 changes as long as we were notified, but a complete change with no notification makes no sense to us.

We expect to take this cruise as the timing is perfect and the ports interesting, but it still is not what we signed up for.

Jancruz, our TA checked the invoice and all her email from "O" and there is no notification.

We are very disappointed with the changes, and had hoped to be in Israel next summer aboard the Riviera. But on the bright side we will be on the Riviera for 14 days and that is just great!

Hi!

We were also booked on the original itinerary on the July 5, 2014 cruise but have decided to stay with the new itinerary. I started a roll call awhile ago for this cruise.

Diouise, please join us on the Meet and Greet roll call thread.

BTW, there are some great new perks on the new thread-unlimited free internet, lots of OBC, etc

Rhea

rheasue38, I can't find the thread for this cruise on the roll call forum. I'd love to meet you and attend the meet and greet.

What perks and OBC are offered on this cruise, I can't find any info.

Thanks.

rheasue38, I can't find the thread for this cruise on the roll call forum. I'd love to meet you and attend the meet and greet.

Thanks.

$500 on board credit, free Internet, prepaid grats. This (and some other) itinerary was emailed and the brochure arrived today. It really caught my eye as we want to do a lot of these ports but the timing not right as we will be just getting off Regatta Alaska trip. Hopefully we can do this at a later date.

Thanks.

Click on Special offer tab for the details

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/easternmediterranean/rva140705/default.aspx

Thank you very much for alternative date. Stange that O cancelled the July cruise. Was sad about it as date and itinerary was perfect but now September is an option. Would you know other cruise lines to consider for comparable cruise ( Barcelona-Israel and Istambul. Thank you again.

We picked this early July date as that is the best time for us to travel. We are going to stay with this cruise and enjoy every day onboard.

We are starting to look for a similar cruise to the one that was changed on us for the following year. We hope that "O" will try again in this time period to plan an Israel, Egypt, Greece cruise.

We would still like to know why "O" changed this entire cruise.

We had this one booked, as I particularly loved the itiniery as we had never done the majority of ports.

I have now switched to Regent Mariner on 28th July as they are doing a similar Istanbul to Athens route taking is Haifa and Alexandria. Unfortunately we had done all of the ports that Rivieras new route was going and don't want to do them again.

I have sailed Regent a few times and this was to be our first Oceania, but the port stops were too important to justify the change and amount of money it was going to cost. So Oceania will have to wait I am afraid :-(

We picked this early July date as that is the best time for us to travel. We are going to stay with this cruise and enjoy every day onboard.

I understand your need (or preference) to travel in July but I am sure you know that this is the worst (hottest) time to visit the Middle East. Spring or Fall would be more pleasant temperature wise, if your travels can be flexible.

Archived