Privee

caviargal

In doing a search prior to posting this question, I read that experiences in Privee were inconsistent. Some posted that they were allowed to mix and match between the menus of Toscana and Polo and others commented that they were required to choose all courses from one.

We are looking at this for our upcoming Riviera cruise.

Any recent experiences/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

.... for some unknown reason were deprived from selecting from both menus on their visit to PRIVEE, I GUARANTEE you that whatever mis-communication, erroneous training etc ay have occurred in the past has been corrected and you and your dining companions will be able to order anything and everything from BOTH menus.

FDR

The above is from an earlier discussion of your topic. If you are not familiar with the signatory of the above quote, there is no higher authority nor respected individual within Oceania or it's parent company. We revisited Privee this past march and our experience is exactly as described above.

If the Guests want to dine A La Carte then they MUST select one menu- either the menu from Toscana or Polo Grill.

I did not think they offered a set menu so how else would you dine other than A la Carte

If that is the case just ask for a large table in the restaurant of your choice & save the fee :rolleyes:

They are still advertising that you can choose from either or both menus so they either need to update the website or make sure people get the memo

Each guest may select any number of courses from Polo Grill, Toscana or a combination of both. Within the sanctum of Privée, dining engages all of the senses, leaving you and your guests immensely fulfilled. This private dining experience can be reserved for just $250 for a party of up to 10 privileged guests. Wine and other alcoholic beverages are additional.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/default.aspx

If the Guests want to dine A La Carte then they MUST select one menu- either the menu from Toscana or Polo Grill.

Caviargal please clarify..what is it you mean by dining A La Carte??

Jancruz1

I cannot believe that you all are acting as if there is any room for further discussion on this matter.

As Goldmann has already pointed out (see post 2) FDR has already confirmed that both menus will be offered!

Caviargal, I'd be interested to know with whom you were corresponding at Oceania, as there may be a training issue afoot.

Thanks very much-

Possibly another factor is just when FDR posted his answer and when the other info was given.

I agree that if anyone should know the policy it is our Fearless Leader!

And how you are to order in any way but a la carte stumps me.

Mura

Got to say that I LOVE! that the head of this cruise line pays such close attention to what is going on.

Think I'm going to like Oceania. :)

Me too! Two weeks today till Nautica :D

As Stan and Jim alluded, there WAS a training issue (confusion) in Reservations which was rectified TONIGHT.

Sorry.

FDR

As always, you are right on top of things, FDR, and we all thank you for looking into issues which we post here.

It makes me really excited about boarding the beautiful Marina in 23 days!:D

Donna

Archived