First cruise on Royal - No Martini Bar on Brilliance?

I have only cruised on Celebrity and was really taken aback to see there is no martini bar on Brilliance. Am I right about that?:(

How can you have a ship with no martini bar? :confused:

What bar on Brilliance OTS would be most like the Martini Bars on Celebrity's Solstice and Millennium class ships? :confused:

Or what bar is good for a group of 20 -30 people to gather around and chat (and drink) every evening? :D

I have only cruised on Celebrity and was really taken aback to see there is no martini bar on Brilliance. Am I right about that?:(

How can you have a ship with no martini bar? :confused:

What bar on Brilliance OTS would be most like the Martini Bars on Celebrity's Solstice and Millennium class ships? :confused:

Or what bar is good for a group of 20 -30 people to gather around and chat (and drink) every evening? :D

Probably the R-Bar in the Centrum now, deck 4.

Does the Champagne Bar still exist on Brilliance? If so, that's where I always went on Radiance Class for a good martini. It's also where they did the martini tasting.

No, long gone since the dry dock. It is now Vintages with the oversized chairs and wacky rose sofa. I liked the new decor but much preferred it when it was the Champagne bar. Rusti and Suzi have even left the ship:(

No, long gone since the dry dock. It is now Vintages with the oversized chairs and wacky rose sofa. I liked the new decor but much preferred it when it was the Champagne bar. Rusti and Suzi have even left the ship:(

NOOoo devastated to read that Rusti has left the ship. We have sailed on Brilliance twice and the Champagne bar was our bar of choice because of Rusti and his antics. He remembered us the second time we sailed and Sharron was his side-kick. We are back on Brilliance next year and will miss him. I might even have to find a new name!

The Viking Crown Lounge always has great martinis a nice atmosphere and a wonderful view.

That is where I find the best martinis too. I love the view and the atmosphere.

To op, I do know what you mean about Celebrity's martini bars, though. They are fabulous.

"Martini Bar" is just a name.

You can pretty much get anything at any bar.

If they don't have it, the server will runs down the hall and finds it.

And before the experts scold me, I know there are some exceptions..

For the RCI folks that have not experienced a Celebrity Martini Bar here is the one on the Equinox. I took the pictures before it opened because after it opens you cannot see the bar for guests ;) The bar top is solid ice that is made fresh every night after closing.

OP, you will enjoy the R Bar for martinis and other specialty drinks. The bar staff is trained for the specialty drinks there and do not rotate bars as other barmen do. The Viking Crown bar is great as well and can better handle a very large group.

398238_277098209035053_329952223_n.jpg

398238_277098215701719_950307047_n.jpg

398238_277098219035052_667584315_n.jpg

Love the Celebrity photos, but it really does not do the bar justice. One of the first things I do when walking around the ship ( before it gets crowded), is "write" our initials in the ice.

Thanks

M

All bars look rather stark when they are not setup for business; and, there are neither customers nor barmen there!

I took the pictures for a friend who owns a restaurant that has two bars. I wished he could do a martini bar ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the information. The Viking Crown Lounge or the R Bar may be our bar of choice.

Scotty G, Yes indeed. The Martini Bars on Celebrity are VERY nice. They are great places to meet new friends or to meet up with old friends before (or after) dinner to chat about the events of the day.

I think the best thing we can do is to get a group together and do a pub crawl the first day on board and decide what bar meets our needs. Of course we'll have to test the bar tenders at each bar. :D

Archived