Gift from Azamara

Bluebury

I have never cruised with Celebrity or RCCL but completed my second cruise on Azamara in April 2013, my first was September 2012. I have yet to receive a gift so I assumed this perk did not apply to UK cruisers.
post #10 clearly explains when you get a gift. From what you say you should receive it if your first cruise was with Az. Call and ask for it to be sent...

• 4 weeks later...

I have sailed with Azamara 5 times and numerous RCCI and Celebrity cruises. I am a member of their recognition programme but have never received a gift. I took a friend with me 2 years ago and she received a gift post cruise, I have mentioned it whilst on board and when they have contacted me to complete a satisfaction survey and still nothing! I would prefer to receive on board rewards but it just seems a "potluck" kind of system.

I have sailed with Azamara 5 times and numerous RCCI and Celebrity cruises. I am a member of their recognition programme but have never received a gift. I took a friend with me 2 years ago and she received a gift post cruise, I have mentioned it whilst on board and when they have contacted me to complete a satisfaction survey and still nothing! I would prefer to receive on board rewards but it just seems a "potluck" kind of system.

See Post 10

I suspect the reason you have not had a gift (we have never had one, nor did we expect one) is that you were already at the highest level when they first introduced the gift based on your other sailings with X and RCI.

There is a logic to the system but the website is not as clear as it could be in explaining it

See Post 10

I suspect the reason you have not had a gift (we have never had one, nor did we expect one) is that you were already at the highest level when they first introduced the gift based on your other sailings with X and RCI.

There is a logic to the system but the website is not as clear as it could be in explaining it

Sorry, but as I stated previously (see post #20 above), that simply is not the case. We took our very first Azamara cruise last October, we live in the USA, and never have sailed previously with X or RCL.

I still am waiting for our gift (and still have blank walls on our newly-redecorated library/den) but I no longer check my mail daily in anticipation!:)

However, now that I know a shuttle bus will be running for us when I get to Ravenna in a couple of weeks, I remain happy about next week's Azamara Quest adventure.

I think we are talking about a different issue here - you should have a gift and that needs following up, however, the other poster was talking about a completely different set of circumstances, where they had loyalty status by virtue of having sailed elsewhere and therefore did not cross any tier boundaries during their cruise and therefore did not get a gift

As I said, the eligibility is not clearly worded and that is something that could be improved on the website and other communications

I understand. I took a look back at post #10 which you referenced and which also talked about first-time cruisers with the Azamara/Celebrity/RCL family, so I thought I would use my post to again point out to Bill that I still await my gift!:)

BTW, you certainly have some great cruises coming up. Enjoy!

Well, we reached the magic 10 points on our Azamara cruise in April and no sign of the "gift" so far. We had earlier reached 5 points on an Azamara cruise in 2011 and, guess what - no gift.:)

I rang Le Club Voyage in the UK about a month ago but they didn't seem to know anything about the scheme. They told me that they would contact Miami and get back to me - I'm still waiting. :)

I would be interested to know if anyone in the UK has ever received anything from Azamara. I suspect this scheme applies to the US only, although it doesn't actually say so anywhere.

This is my post at #12. As I anticipated I'm still waiting for any sort of response from Azamara. [Not expecting one though]. :(

Hello LeClub Voyage "Welcome Home Gift" Followers -

Please give me some time to look into the "Welcome home gift" program with Azamara's Director of Marketing. Although we state that a gift will be shipped to your home after your first voyage at the Le CLUB VOYAGE "Adventurer Level (1-4 credits), I want to determine if there are local market differences in the procedures.

Also, there are two other milestones in which gifts are shipped to your home - achieving the "Explorer" and "Discovery" status. Therefore, guests may receive up to three gifts in total.

§ LE CLUB VOYAGE EXPLORER: 5 - 9 CREDITS

§ LE CLUB VOYAGE DISCOVERER: 10+ CREDITS

It may take a week or so for me to get a program explanation for our loyal and patient US and UK guests.

Again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

This is my post at #12. As I anticipated I'm still waiting for any sort of response from Azamara. [Not expecting one though]. :(

Have you tried calling again? Someone there must know what you are talking about :rolleyes:. If you reached 10 points on an Azamara cruise you should definitely receive a gift. I know it did take 2-3 months after I reached that milestone for the pigeon to carry it across 'the pond'...but it should make it........:D

Have you tried calling again? Someone there must know what you are talking about :rolleyes:. If you reached 10 points on an Azamara cruise you should definitely receive a gift. I know it did take 2-3 months after I reached that milestone for the pigeon to carry it across 'the pond'...but it should make it........:D

Hi little britain

I have followed up a couple of times but have decided that in the great scheme of things it is of little importance compared with the actual cruise experience.

I reckon that Azamara now "owe" myself and my wife four gifts in total. I could float the idea that a free cruise might be a cheaper option than chartering a FedEx freighter to bring them over "the pond". [Are you listening Bill]. :)

To be honest I cannot understand why the gift is not waiting for you in the cabin on each cruise that you achieve the required number of points. It wouldn't take a great deal of organisation and would be easier to administer all round.

But, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and spoil my cruise on the Journey next month.

We never received a gift after our first cruise, and we never sailed on the RCL family of ships before. I really don't care about the gift, but if Azamara states you should receive one, you should receive one. Chasing it down will probably take more effort than the gift is worth.

Hello Arizonasunshine -

I noticed from your sailing history that you vacationed on the Azamara Quest, Singapore-Hong Kong, January 2011. I'm wondering if you actually enrolled to join the LE CLUB VOYAGE which you can do any time after your first Azamara voyage.

I would call Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly, and I'm sure they will assist you. Their phone number: 1-888-532-5828 (1-888-LeClubV) or email them at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. They should be able to sort through their database and ensure that you are enrolled in the past guest program. If you still have your booking number that would be quite helpful, but not necessary.

Hopefully, you'll be able to receive your gift following this first extra effort.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard Azamara sometime soon.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
Hello LeClub Voyage "Welcome Home Gift" Followers -

Please give me some time to look into the "Welcome home gift" program with Azamara's Director of Marketing. Although we state that a gift will be shipped to your home after your first voyage at the Le CLUB VOYAGE "Adventurer Level (1-4 credits), I want to determine if there are local market differences in the procedures.

Also, there are two other milestones in which gifts are shipped to your home - achieving the "Explorer" and "Discovery" status. Therefore, guests may receive up to three gifts in total.

§ LE CLUB VOYAGE EXPLORER: 5 - 9 CREDITS

§ LE CLUB VOYAGE DISCOVERER: 10+ CREDITS

It may take a week or so for me to get a program explanation for our loyal and patient US and UK guests.

Again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Almost a fortnight since you posted the above.

Have you had any response as yet from Azamara's Director of Marketing, in respect of the Welcome Home gift program?

berkshireboy

We have just completed our second Azamara cruise (two more booked though) and our FIFTH gift has just arrived, courtesy of FedEx. Like all the others it was a massive parcel sent from Miami to the UK containing a small gift and a huge amount of packing material.

What are we doing that you guys are not?

We have just completed our second Azamara cruise (two more booked though) and our FIFTH gift has just arrived, courtesy of FedEx. Like all the others it was a massive parcel sent from Miami to the UK containing a small gift and a huge amount of packing material.

What are we doing that you guys are not?

Sounds like you got ours! :)

Hi Bill

Almost a fortnight since you posted the above.

Have you had any response as yet from Azamara's Director of Marketing, in respect of the Welcome Home gift program?

berkshireboy

Hello Berkshireboy -

I'm hoping to be able to share an update with you very soon.

Again, thanks for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update, Bill.

Hello Berkshireboy -

Here is a solution so that your Welcome Home Gift can come home to you!

Please send an email to the Le Club Voyage team in Miami:

LeClubVoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com

Include your detailed booking information and of course your address so that we can send out the gift and determine where the internal process disconnected.

Best regards to you and enjoy your forthcoming Azamara vacation!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Berkshireboy -

Here is a solution so that your Welcome Home Gift can come home to you!

Include your detailed booking information and of course your address so that we can send out the gift and determine where the internal process disconnected.

Best regards to you and enjoy your forthcoming Azamara vacation!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

I have done as suggested so hopefully will now get a resolution.

Thanks for your best wishes for our forthcoming Azamara cruise. One certainty in this life is that we will thoroughly enjoy the onboard experience. :)

berkshireboy

Whilst onboard my third Azamara cruise I had a word with Juliana, the Le Club Voyage Hostess about our lack of gifts and she said she would look into it for me. Today, 3 weeks after returning home, Fed Ex have just delivered two water bottles, all the way from the States. Thank you to Juliana for sorting it.

I have to agree with berkshireboy's previous post, surely it would be easier and cheaper to just have the gifts waiting for you in the cabin when you arrived on your next qualifying cruise.

As Bill suggested I emailed Le Club Voyage yesterday as after 5 cruises and 60 days on board we had received nothing and had a response today. My husband & I are each due 3 gifts, one for each different level we have reached and they have now been sent and will be with us in 4-6 weeks.

It wasn't a big issue for us as we love the onboard experience and thats why we return to Azamara but as others had received something we thought we'd just email and see.

Thank you Bill and also Miami for responding so quickly.

Hilary:)

As Bill suggested I emailed Le Club Voyage yesterday as after 5 cruises and 60 days on board we had received nothing and had a response today. My husband & I are each due 3 gifts, one for each different level we have reached and they have now been sent and will be with us in 4-6 weeks.

It wasn't a big issue for us as we love the onboard experience and thats why we return to Azamara but as others had received something we thought we'd just email and see.

Thank you Bill and also Miami for responding so quickly.

Hilary:)

Hi Hilary

We have had exactly the same response in respect of the four gifts we were due.

My feelings about the gifts and the onboard experience mirror yours exactly - but still nice to receive the gifts any way.

Many thanks Bill for your involvement and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

berkshireboy

...Interesting that the recommendation for service nowadays is to bypass the UK team completely and go straight to Miami. I guess this may be in preparation for the impending closure of the UK office and outsourcing to Guatemala...:(

...Interesting that the recommendation for service nowadays is to bypass the UK team completely and go straight to Miami. I guess this may be in preparation for the impending closure of the UK office and outsourcing to Guatemala...:(

I noticed that, certainly emails to the Loyalty Desk in the UK do not get answered as they used to do - I fear the email address just links to a big black IT hole

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Arizonasunshine -

I noticed from your sailing history that you vacationed on the Azamara Quest, Singapore-Hong Kong, January 2011. I'm wondering if you actually enrolled to join the LE CLUB VOYAGE which you can do any time after your first Azamara voyage.

I would call Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly, and I'm sure they will assist you. Their phone number: 1-888-532-5828 (1-888-LeClubV) or email them at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. They should be able to sort through their database and ensure that you are enrolled in the past guest program. If you still have your booking number that would be quite helpful, but not necessary.

Hopefully, you'll be able to receive your gift following this first extra effort.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard Azamara sometime soon.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I enrolled in early August in Le Club Voyage and we have returned from our second Azamara cruise (the wonderful Venice RT Adriatic cruise which sailed September 21), so I eagerly anticipate receiving our gift.

If not, thanks to Bill, I now know what action to take. Thanks for all of your efforts, Bill.

Archived