Another dress code thread? You betcha!

mcd2745

I like the way NCL does it. One MDR (the larger) requires pants and collared shirts. The smaller MDR does not. This allows those wanting to remain in shorts to have the same menu as those that prefer to dress up keeping everyone happy.

Bowing to guest demands and preferences, Disney Cruise Line now officially says that shorts are allowed in their MDRs. Does RCCL eventually join them?

In a related note, the world didn't end.

Eventually yes. But first they need to install defibrillators in the MDR's fleet wide. The sight of hairy legs in there might be too much for some people to handle!:eek:

Funny thing too is that IMO the Disney ships dining rooms are much nicer than what we saw on carnival and royal. If this is really true that they have decided to officially allow shorts I think it's just a sign of the times. With cruises, especially to the Caribbean, more and more people want to be casual.

One thing always discussed is that no shorts but capri's are ok. I have never understood this. Number one Capri's look terrible on most people (yes this is just my opinion) and number two I fail to see how capri's are more dressy than shorts.

Funny thing too is that IMO the Disney ships dining rooms are much nicer than what we saw on carnival and royal. If this is really true that they have decided to officially allow shorts I think it's just a sign of the times. With cruises, especially to the Caribbean, more and more people want to be casual.

One thing always discussed is that no shorts but capri's are ok. I have never understood this. Number one Capri's look terrible on most people (yes this is just my opinion) and number two I fail to see how capri's are more dressy than shorts.

I agree, they look best on people with long legs. Alas, I wear them anyway. Plus they are mostly a woman thing. I've seen only a few men that can pull off that look. ;)

I agree, they look best on people with long legs. Alas, I wear them anyway. Plus they are mostly a woman thing. I've seen only a few men that can pull off that look. ;)

I rarely read dress code threads, but this is probably the best post I've ever seen on one. Thanks for the laugh!

I am wondering how long we can just go to the MDR nude. Think about it. We have gone from Tuxes and Long Gowns, to Jeans, to shorts. This would fit into some cruise line activity schedules as they could have the hairy chest contest right in the MDR :)

Hank

I am wondering how long we can just go to the MDR nude. Think about it. We have gone from Tuxes and Long Gowns, to Jeans, to shorts. This would fit into some cruise line activity schedules as they could have the hairy chest contest right in the MDR :)

Hank

Eeew Hank, you had to go there! Although I would be wearing clothes (maybe shorts), seeing others nude would keep me from overeating at dinner. And of course the ship photographers would be going from table to table taking pictures like usual.

Archived