Diamond: Have I Gotten Less and Why

[quote name='beer1234']Yer heart's as cold as a wet Christmas.[/quote]

So a straight answer means that I'm hearless? I'm confused.

Are you looking for answers or sympathy?

You get ALL of the benefits of being Diamond except for the drinks and some appetizers. and you will get those eventually. Being outraged will not change that.

Of course you are perfectly entitled to convey your thoughts, the same as the other people who convey theirs are by responding to your thread.
Unfortunately criticising other for doing the same as you want to do will fall on may deaf ears on these pages :eek:

That aside I think in general the older ships do offer a better cruise pirice than many of the newer ships, therefore the free drinks and snacks in the lounge are probably being paid for one way or the other :D

[quote name='beer1234']I honestly didn't expect a whipping when I opened this thread. So sorry I'm not able to convey my thoughts right now as I'd surely get in trouble.[/quote]

[quote name='beer1234']Let's have a hypothetical situation. A handicapped person who can't travel long distances by plane or motor vehicle yet lives close enough for a short ride to a port. He or she has been very loyal to one cruise line out of many at that port. Being unable to sail on other ships that the line has to offer as he or she is unable to get to should he or she expect to be treated equally for his or her loyalty???[/quote]

He is treated equal. Everyone else on that ship also gets the same benefits.

The day I complain about only getting free wine in the platinum lounge, please just shoot me.

When I earn platinum plus then I will get the higher perks on all ships.. looking forward to platinum plus which I will earn, not whine about only getting free wine and some dry snacks.

I sat at the dinner table with some folks who were diamond, I think it was Voyager.. you should have heard them. I mean they said they will never cruise on that class of ship again and they complained to everyone and got some other snacks for themselves in the diamond lounge. I would hate to expect to be treated special. They could have found out diamonds were not with diamond plus with only a little effort before the cruise.

I was appalled at all their complaining LOUDLY to everyone over snacks!! Like they were going hungry.

[quote name='alfaeric']So a straight answer means that I'm hearless? I'm confused.

Are you looking for answers or sympathy?

You get ALL of the benefits of being Diamond except for the drinks and some appetizers. and you will get those eventually. Being outraged will not change that.[/quote]

It's heartless not hearless. But anyhow to continue to debate this with you is pointless as you have no concept of equality and I'm unable to convey that concept to you. That should do it for us pal. Reply as you wish, I won't.

[quote name='beer1234']Let's have a hypothetical situation. A handicapped person who can't travel long distances by plane or motor vehicle yet lives close enough for a short ride to a port. He or she has been very loyal to one cruise line out of many at that port. Being unable to sail on other ships that the line has to offer as he or she is unable to get to should he or she expect to be treated equally for his or her loyalty???[/QUOTE]I really always felt very well treated as a D at D events, and I'd hope the hypothetical disabled person would, too. Some ships have more bells and whistles (including lounges), but all have wonder staff and wonderful service, IMHO. And the hypothetical person can look forward to having a local ship with an added lounge in the future.

Honestly, were I that hypothetical person, rather than worry about what some other cruiser on some other ship might get, I'd be more concerned my cruise line of choice might pull out of my local port at some future date, leaving me to select from those other lines. That has happened to some home ports, leaving locals sad.

[quote name='clarea']Nightly Diamond Event: Free house wine, house champagne, and soda. All other drinks are 25% off. They may have some trail mix available.[/quote]

Bob, I thought the beer was also free. Am I wrong? :confused:

[quote name='firefly333']He is treated equal. Everyone else on that ship also gets the same benefits.

The day I complain about only getting free wine in the platinum lounge, please just shoot me.

When I earn platinum plus then I will get the higher perks on all ships.. looking forward to platinum plus which I will earn, not whine about only getting free wine and some dry snacks.

I sat at the dinner table with some folks who were diamond, I think it was Voyager.. you should have heard them. I mean they said they will never cruise on that class of ship again and they complained to everyone and got some other snacks for themselves in the diamond lounge. I would hate to expect to be treated special. They could have found out diamonds were not with diamond plus with only a little effort before the cruise.

I was appalled at all their complaining LOUDLY to everyone over snacks!! Like they were going hungry.[/quote]

[B]I've cruised with Royal Caribbean twice; I'm Platinum, but have never heard of Platinum Plus. Can someone fill me in?[/B]

[B][SIZE=5]Thanks![/SIZE][/B] Edited by Baby let's cruise away

[quote name='Langley Cruisers']Wow, your snappy sarcastic replies seem to say a lot about you. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Why Thank You. How nice to hear your lone comment in the thread trying to belittle someone else. Says a lot about you too.

[quote name='beer1234']Being unable to cruise newer ships with dedicated lounges I usually attend the cocktail hour for discounted drinks when possible. I've read here on the newer ships that some get upgraded snacks instead of the stale nut and raisins only that you must ask for on the ships I travel on. Am I wrong in the assumption that on newer ships you're treated a bit better.[/quote]

It depends on how you look at it. We cruise ships both with and without DL's. On ships without a DL, I can get my drink at a discount. On ships with a DL, I pay full price because the DL doesn't carry my preferred liquor. I refuse to get my undies in a knot over a couple of free drinks a night on a cruise.

[quote name='Big_G']It depends on how you look at it. We cruise ships both with and without DL's. On ships without a DL, I can get my drink at a discount. On ships with a DL, I pay full price because the DL doesn't carry my preferred liquor. I refuse to get my undies in a knot over a couple of free drinks a night on a cruise.[/quote]
I don't get the free drinks. My taste buds don't deserve that brutality. Oh, and my undies aren't in a knot.

[quote name='kevinsgirl88']Its just snacks and what about the people who higher level then you never really hear them complain :rolleyes: I see a lot of post where diamonds complain

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app[/quote]

That's because we can use the Concierge Lounge and get our free drinks and snacks there, although there are still a few ships with no CL. If I really wanted a mixed drink or appies it would bug me, but I don't need the extra food so I look at it as RCI saving my appetite for dinner. I do complain about the wine, though.

[quote name='Astona']Actually the more I think about this post the more interested it is. Think about it..
If you are diamond, you should be treated as a diamond across all ships.

Would it be fair to treat Pinnacle members differently on different ship? Not really. All members in the same levels should be treated the same, however it really isnt ok to complain about free stuff? But this post isnt about free stuff its about being given a 25% discount on items that others get for free on different ships because of the age of the ship. It really doesnt matter if there is an entire lounge dedicated or not.

Older ship are cheaper, that is just how it is. If Oasis was to do a three night sailing you would never see a 149$ price for an inside cabin NEVER, but I have paid that several times on the Sovereign OtS before she was sold.

I am cheap, I admit it, think what you want. My husband and I sail on RCCL for the perks, we love the free drinks, the balcony discounts and the right to board and disembark the ship when we want. Little extras is what keeps us coming back. Take those away, and we might start looking at different lines to spend our money on.[/quote]

Pinnacles are subject to uneven treatment across the fleet. On some ships, we are given all of the full suite amenities (other than items in the cabin such as room service off the dining room menu and a DVD player) and on others we aren't. It's a little annoying and we mention it on our comment cards when applicable, but aren't otherwise too perturbed by it. The worst treatment we get is very good.:)

And remember, on ships with no DL, you still get to go to a separate section of the dining room and get all the specialty coffees you can manage while you're there. Once the DL is installed, you only have a continental breakfast in the lounge and a coffee machine that will more likely than not break down at some point during your cruise. So life is all about tradeoffs...

[quote name='beer1234']It's heartless not hearless. But anyhow to continue to debate this with you is pointless as you have no concept of equality and I'm unable to convey that concept to you. That should do it for us pal. Reply as you wish, I won't.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for pointing out a typing error. It's very helpful that you clarify that what I typed wasn't what you typed.

This is about equality? Getting free drinks and better food means equality from ship to ship?

Ok, so what do you propose to do about it, then? You demand equality, and that equals what, exactly?

I don't recall debating you as much as just answering questions of why. Seems simple enough. You get everything any other diamond member gets but instead of mixed drinks, wine, snacks and nuts, you get just free wine and nuts. And all on the ship you are on get the same benefit.

In addition to that, unless you are on the Majesty, and on that because you can't drive 45 min up to Fort Lauderdale, and someone forces you onto the cruise ship, then the ships will be updated to be "equal".

So there's what you do- wait. Wait until the ship you are forced to sail on has a real diamond lounge.

Or you can deal with it just like the rest of us have. It's a perk.

Guest maddycat
[quote name='beer1234']I honestly didn't expect a whipping when I opened this thread. So sorry I'm not able to convey my thoughts right now as I'd surely get in trouble.[/quote]

That's what happens on CC when you innocently start a thread questioning RCI policy.

I agree with you that all diamond passengers should be given the same benefits whether the ship has a diamond lounge or a diamond event. The passengers should not be punished because the facilities on a particular ship are considered by RCI to be inadequate.

I have a slightly different take on the OP’s original comment.

Consider this……. A few years ago, (even as D+) when we sailed a ship with no dedicated C lounge or D lounge WE GOT NOTHING. The event, with complementary champagne, wine and discounted drinks was, in my opinion, a huge step forward.

M

[quote name='beer1234']Am I wrong in the assumption that on newer ships you're treated a bit better.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're "wrong" in that assumption. I just think it might be a somewhat hypercritical view. It's kind of like going on Grandeur of the Seas and feeling cheated because you didn't get to use a FlowRider, or wander through Central Park. Each ship is unique, and newer ships will inevitably have opportunities not immediately shared by older and smaller brethren.

Evenually they will have a dedicated lounge on each ship, but to try and do that in the interim in a makeshift manner may seem reasonable, but those in the know have decided it's not prudent.

[quote name='beer1234']I don't get the free drinks. My taste buds don't deserve that brutality. Oh, and my undies aren't in a knot.[/quote]

It's the snacks??? My bad. I thought you were complaining about free drinks vs. discounted drinks. LOL! They aren't that great. Too funny. :p:D:p

[quote name='cruisegirl1']I have a slightly different take on the OP’s original comment.

Consider this……. A few years ago, (even as D+) when we sailed a ship with no dedicated C lounge or D lounge WE GOT NOTHING. The event, with complementary champagne, wine and discounted drinks was, in my opinion, a huge step forward.

M[/quote]

I agree!! A free glass of wine...a free cup of Specialty coffee in the morning...it's great! I still get my D+ balcony disc...still get priority boarding & departure lounge...there is a snack basket & beverage of my choice waiting in my cabin...so I have trail mix instead of mini hot dogs with my wine in the evening...big deal...If I'm "That" worried about having a snack with my drink I can always stop in the WJ on my way to the event & pick up a cheese tray or some fruit...folks do it all the time..
As someone who cruised Sovereign, Monarch & Majesty a LOT I was very happy to see the Diamond Event come into being...

We like the pre dinner cocktail. Since we would have to pay for it if no DL, I consider this perk to be monetary. Similar to balcony discount. Don't care about snacks. Care about a cruise with a tiny bar bill.

Not a bit ashamed of being thrifty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='beer1234']Being unable to cruise newer ships with dedicated lounges I usually attend the cocktail hour for discounted drinks when possible. I've read here on the newer ships that some get upgraded snacks instead of the stale nut and raisins only that you must ask for on the ships I travel on. Am I wrong in the assumption that on newer ships you're treated a bit better.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cruisegirl1']I have a slightly different take on the OP’s original comment.

M[/QUOTE]

Beer, here is a new take on your complaint.

cruisegirl1 is the first to bring up these facts on this thread; it's the first thing that *I* thought of when I started reading.

On the Majesty, which is never getting a DL, the SUITE guests, who frankly are entitled to more than a Diamond, get nothing. No Concierge Lounge, no free drinks, no hot & cold hors d'ouevres.

Diamonds are not being treated differently. Ships are different. Many people have pointed that out.

Your complaint has no merit.

I can't wait to join the many who have been the target of your witless barbs.

Fire away.