Where to sit on Whitepass/Yukon RR trip

Wisconsin Travelers

We'll be taking the Whitepass/Yukon rail trip from Skagway to Frasier. Which side of the train are we most likely to see the best scenery for pictures?

From Skagway to Frasier - left side facing forward.

From Frasier to Skagway - right side facing forward.

Actually, it's the same side of the train, as the seat back flips over so that you face the direction the train is traveling.

We'll be taking the Whitepass/Yukon rail trip from Skagway to Frasier. Which side of the train are we most likely to see the best scenery for pictures?

The best place for photos is on the platforms between cars otherwise you're taking photos through the glass. You can come and go from the area as the train moves along although it can be a popular location for photographers who can sometimes bogart the area.

The best place for photos is on the platforms between cars otherwise you're taking photos through the glass. You can come and go from the area as the train moves along although it can be a popular location for photographers who can sometimes bogart the area.

This is what I was going to say, our first time it was cold and raining I stayed out on the platforms the entire time with a wonderful older lady from Down under we were both soaked and had a great time.

It is Fraser. As mentioned on the train sit on the left from Skagway. However you mention "Yukon" so I assume you are on a combo trip? At Fraser, you would then sit on the RIGHT side of a shuttle/bus/van, with continuing on to Emerald Lake/Yukon Territory.

Be advised there is NO commentary outside the rail cars. So you do have to choose, if you want to ride in the vestibule or inside and hear the speaker.

This is what I was going to say, our first time it was cold and raining I stayed out on the platforms the entire time with a wonderful older lady from Down under we were both soaked and had a great time.

My DH did this on our trip this past June/July. Very few other people were getting out on the platforms so he was able to stay out there a long time.

Agree. Get the spot between cars and stick to it.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff386/mmkbx75/IMG_6879.jpg

Archived