Live review, Adventure 18th August Norway Fjords with wedding renewal.

Jason12

Having read a lot of negative reviews about the Adventure and the poor state of the public areas, I don't see this, I see a very well maintained ship in the public areas, just as you would expect on a RC ship.

The crew again are fantastic just as other ships always happy smiling and making conversation, bar staff remember you some remember names always joking around and offering advice in drinks.

The beer package is it worth it?

For me No, I found I'm trying to get my money's worth and feeling the effects the next day

I was talking to a couple who had their package removed after day one as they could not get the value out of it.

I did discover that the soda package is NOT limited to just Coke and Sprite, you can have Fanta, mixed sodas with different flavours eg. a Shirley Temple was a big hit with the kids that's Sprite with a dash of grenadine..

Dining room

We've been for lunch and as usual the salad bar is a hit with lots of choice service again great, we like the new evening menu lots of new things, the atmosphere in the dining room is the best we've had on a RC ship really great, our waiter Felx is a character and his attention to detail is fantastic, food was excellent always hot with extra helpings if required, glad we have cancelled Portofino's now.

Skjolden.

Very pretty port not much to do apart from walking, there is a nice bar/cafe 5 mins from port with a big jetty you can walk along and take fantastic photos, also you can go on the boat trip I think it was 500pp, and this is where you can get free WIFI, another 10 minutes walk and you cross a bridge of a fast running river, another few mins there is a gift/grocery shop and the tourist information centre, there is some shops but we never got that far.

jyqu9yna.jpg

y8yru4ug.jpg

7uge3a3a.jpg

na2eqezy.jpg

ahy4a9y7.jpg

ave5esus.jpg

Drew!!!! NO WAY!!!!

Is this Canadian dummer Drew?

If you remember please give him my love.... mad English pink boa woman.... he won't have forgotten me in a hurry.....

Oh yes. He came to the M & M on our cruise -- the first CD I've ever seen at this event-- but there was a bit of an odd vibe... He introduced a few officers, gave three raffle prizes and left very smartish. Very little facility to interact alas. However we did enjoy his banter with Rob McNally on his shows later on in the cruise. The champagne is a very nice touch.

BTW have you seen the Captain yet? On one show a guest gave him the nickname Papa Smurf:o

Ice show was again spectacular it's must see show, tickets were available on the first morning outside promenade cafe.

After dinner we went to the 70s night on the promenade great atmosphere lots of dancing, and after that we went to see the late night adult comedian in the theatre not a great turn out but he was quite funny, I would say he's worth a look.

Day 5 Flam

We have a roll call group booking for the train 12.20pm there's 33 of us altogether, we meet at 11.30am as planned at the gangway and because we are the only ship in port there was no queue at the ticket office, once we paid I was issued with a group ticket and we were lead on the train first and we had our own carriage which was great.

This is a must trip for anyone visiting Flam the views are stunning and the stop half way is just well you need to see it to appreciate it.

Johnny Rockets on return, great crew, great burger....what's all the fuss bad service bad food I have not seen any..?

Ice show was again spectacular it's must see show, tickets were available on the first morning outside promenade cafe.

After dinner we went to the 70s night on the promenade great atmosphere lots of dancing, and after that we went to see the late night adult comedian in the theatre not a great turn out but he was quite funny, I would say he's worth a look.

Day 5 Flam

We have a roll call group booking for the train 12.20pm there's 33 of us altogether, we meet at 11.30am as planned at the gangway and because we are the only ship in port there was no queue at the ticket office, once we paid I was issued with a group ticket and we were lead on the train first and we had our own carriage which was great.

This is a must trip for anyone visiting Flam the views are stunning and the stop half way is just well you need to see it to appreciate it.

Johnny Rockets on return, great crew, great burger....what's all the fuss bad service bad food I have not seen any..?

Day 5 Flam

uge9uze9.jpg

e6u7avy7.jpg

ge5aru7u.jpg

u4u3umur.jpg

8u3yge3u.jpg

hi jason

looking forward to reading all about it :) we are boarding on sunday and it is our 25th wedding anniversary on the same day as yours :D

is the beer and spirits up to scratch as weve got premium package

cheers dixie

Archived