Live review, Adventure 18th August Norway Fjords with wedding renewal.

Jason12

Thanks for the nice comments.

Holiday Inn got our rooms mixed up, no wheelchair room which we booked back in April but a room upgrade to a deluxe room?

I would normally complain here and then but after a great wedding renewal I thought let it go till the morning,

At 7am I went to reception to made my complaint I was asked to call back in 30 minutes when a manger will be in, 7.45 and the manger Stacey apologised and said there was no excuse why this happened and offered a full refund, she did say if we ever stop here again to phone them direct to confirm the room booked.

The hotel is very nice and modern right next to the Royal Caribbean cruise terminal.

We had steak and chips when we arrived which was excellent, buffet breakfast was really good with ample hot and cold food/drinks, the staff are very friendly.

uty4y2ur.jpg

Nearly time to board, will post photos of our room before we set sail.

Jason

Some friends of mine have just boarded and we were on AoS in July, so will definitely follow your live!

We live just inland from Southampton so will listen for the whistles tonight when you set sail.

Have a great holiday. Gillian

Adventure of the Seas Med July 2013

QV October 2012

Grand Princess Med August 2012

QM2 France & Belgium December 2011

QE Med August 2011

This is such a wonderful love story!!! I think the decorations are very nice.

Have a wonderful cruise and have fun.

On a side note, I just told my DH about this and he starred right by me. Guess that means I'll continue to be the family TA.

Just a quick update before I lose signal.

I had to get the deck manger involved with our cabin,

Issues.

Need new mattress it's completely flat and worn out.

Dirty and ripped bedding

Dirt and dust everywhere.

Balcony door covered in hand and finger prints.

Wrong decorations.

Flowers most are nearly dead behind the nice fresh ones.

Old and empty shampoo containers in bathroom.

General condition of cabin bad it's very tired.

He's due to return in a few mins with a plan..

Jason

Issues.

Dirty and ripped bedding

Wrong decorations.

Jason

Just back from the Adventure today, sending very best wishes for your anniversary cruise. Fingers crossed for a good resolution for the cabin issues. I fear flowers may be a problem, The three roses I brought 5 days into our 14 night cruise barely lasted only about three days before looking tired... Ditto our GS was tired although very clean with comfortable bed, Perhaps they can get an eggshell (?) cover for the mattress..

Gill

Captain Ole is hilarious when he does his announcements, and always said Hi when we say him around the ship. Not sure he was very authoritative and sometimes wondered if he should be in charge!

Hope you get your room sorted. Gillian

Adventure of the Seas Med July 2013

QV October 2012

Grand Princess Med August 2012

QM2 France & Belgium December 2011

QE Med August 2011

Issues.

Dirty and ripped bedding

Wrong decorations.

Jason

That's not a good start. Hopefully he'll have a good plan to address. It sounds like they could give the cabin a good cleaning and that will resolve several issues. It should be easy to replace the flowers and decorations. The difficult one may be the bed mattress. I'm not sure if they keep extras. It would seem likely that they would, hopefully they can get it replaced sooner than later.

So sorry to hear about the issues with your cabin. You have put so much thought into all of the arrangements to make this cruise special for your wife (lucky lady :)). It is such a shame when the people you trust (and pay) to take care of it all let you down :(.

Of course, follow it up and make sure they make amends in a way that is acceptable to you... but, please don't dwell on it and allow it to spoil this special time for you and your DW.

We will be on the ship next week, so are keeping up with your review with great interest.

Hope after the teething probs, you have a great cruise.

Update on our cabin problems.

We waited 90 minutes for the deck manager to return but we never saw him again.!

Now it was time to go guest services "hello how can I help you" said Bridget guest service officer,

I replied with, can your please book us on a fight home at next port please, that got the attention we needed, she put us on 1st priority for another cabin, and made some calls.

I returned to my cabin within minutes the stateroom attendant arrived with some mattress toppers, after I told him NO you are not coming in here with them we need new bed and bedding full stop.

Another few minutes passed and a knock on the door, Jane was now trying to sleep on the small sofa after taking her meds, it was the executive housekeeping manger he was not happy about the state of our cabin, after I explained we making plans to leave the ship at next port and are not sleeping in this cabin without some improvements he promised action within 15 minutes and asked us for one hour to put most things right.!

It was now 6pm I went to get a few drinks from the bar when I returned there was six including the executive manger cleaning our cabin from top to bottom, brand new mattresses and bedding, bathroom scrubbed, flowers swapped for roses, decorations removed, they are going to replace the carpet tomorrow and paint the balcony on the 1st port day, I will keep you updated if these do happen.?

The executive manager offered us OBC we never asked or insinuated we wanted some but it was a nice offer along with a meal in Portofino's but as we have booked it for every night he will refund one nights meal.

Day 1.Casual

8pm our cruise now begins, we head of to Portofino's on arriving we see its nice and quite just what we need to unwind, our waiter Samuel was excellent really chatty and never far away to fill my glass,

I had the fillet steak fantastic just as I remembered it, Jane had the lobster skewer with scallop, salmon and king prawn she's happy happy happy.

I'm on the classic beer package and the house white wine is very nice, Samuel just brought the bottle over and put in on ice I think I had 3/4 of the bottle, great meal and super service.

10.15pm we are now tiring as we stroll along the promenade again it's nice and quite we ended up in the Imperial Lounge there was nice four piece band called Music Motion.

Bedtime...

Day 2, Sea day Formal.

Meet and mingle at 11am it lasted 15 mins and a grand total of 3 prizes in the raffle hosted by Rob McNally funny guy but seemed rushed.

Got to meet and speak to other CC members.

We saw there was a honeymoon luncheon in the main dining at 12.30pm so we went along, there was 5 couples with us really good meal, free Buck's Fizz all in all a nice 2 hours.

Time to go back our cabin and see what been done.!! WOW new carpet more new pillows and the bathroom door is fixed, I hope the future guests really enjoy this cabin now it's had a makeover.

Photos to follow

It was now 6pm I went to get a few drinks from the bar when I returned there was six including the executive manger cleaning our cabin from top to bottom, brand new mattresses and bedding, bathroom scrubbed, flowers swapped for roses, decorations removed, they are going to replace the carpet tomorrow and paint the balcony on the 1st port day, I will keep you updated if these do happen.?

Time to go back our cabin and see what been done.!! WOW new carpet more new pillows and the bathroom door is fixed, I hope the future guests really enjoy this cabin now it's had a makeover.

Photos to follow

WOW-talk about getting action on the cabin! Now that's all taken care of, hopefully you can enjoy the cabin. I'm happy to hear they took the complaint seriously and took action.

It sounds like the rest of the cruise experience is going well. I can't wait to see the pictures of the new and improved cabin!

We waited 90 minutes for the deck manager to return but we never saw him again.!

Now it was time to go guest services "hello how can I help you" said Bridget guest service officer,

I replied with, can your please book us on a fight home at next port please, that got the attention we needed, she put us on 1st priority for another cabin, and made some calls.

I returned to my cabin within minutes the stateroom attendant arrived with some mattress toppers, after I told him NO you are not coming in here with them we need new bed and bedding full stop.

Another few minutes passed and a knock on the door, Jane was now trying to sleep on the small sofa after taking her meds, it was the executive housekeeping manger he was not happy about the state of our cabin, after I explained we making plans to leave the ship at next port and are not sleeping in this cabin without some improvements he promised action within 15 minutes and asked us for one hour to put most things right.!

The executive manager offered us OBC we never asked or insinuated we wanted some but it was a nice offer along with a meal in Portofino's but as we have booked it for every night he will refund one nights meal.

Day 1.Casual

8pm our cruise now begins, we head of to Portofino's on arriving we see its nice and quite just what we need to unwind, our waiter Samuel was excellent really chatty and never far away to fill my glass,

I had the fillet steak fantastic just as I remembered it, Jane had the lobster skewer with scallop, salmon and king prawn she's happy happy happy.

I'm on the classic beer package and the house white wine is very nice, Samuel just brought the bottle over and put in on ice I think I had 3/4 of the bottle, great meal and super service.

10.15pm we are now tiring as we stroll along the promenade again it's nice and quite we ended up in the Imperial Lounge there was nice four piece band called Music Motion.

Bedtime...

Day 2, Sea day Formal.

Meet and mingle at 11am it lasted 15 mins and a grand total of 3 prizes in the raffle hosted by Rob McNally funny guy but seemed rushed.

Got to meet and speak to other CC members.

We saw there was a honeymoon luncheon in the main dining at 12.30pm so we went along, there was 5 couples with us really good meal, free Buck's Fizz all in all a nice 2 hours.

Photos to follow

Glad to hear you've got the cabin sorted!

Did you happen to notice the brand of house wine? We are hoping to try Portofinos whilst onboard as long as they can cope with the fact I'm allergic to mushrooms as a lot of the menu seems include these :(

Hope the rest of the cruise is good!

Louise

Archived