No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

You don't have to subscribe. When you post on a thread you are automatically subscribed. He would have had to unsubscribe to miss all those e-mail notices.

Wrong,

my Settings are to not receive any email notifications and to not subscribe to threads I post on.

...2Atlantamen were never booked on that cruise. The entire story was fictitious and they have been sitting back getting quite a chuckle from all the posts this past week.

...I know we will never get an update sadly...

I like to think the best about people. I try to be positive. I believe this thread is genuine and I'm hoping for an update. Obviously, we shall see, and it that doesn't happen soon this thread will drop off onto later pages. OP has been here a number of years and would certainly know how to search for and bump his own thread.

I like to think the best about people. I try to be positive. I believe this thread is genuine and I'm hoping for an update. Obviously, we shall see, and it that doesn't happen soon this thread will drop off onto later pages. OP has been here a number of years and would certainly know how to search for and bump his own thread.

Oh, I also think the thread is genuine and the poster was concerned. But I am also realistic and think he may not be back seeing he has only posted 39 times over all the years he has been on CC. He didn't even post to the roll call for his cruise. :eek:

But I will keep checking.

Bill

Has anyone thought of this alternative scenario.

2Atlantamen were never booked on that cruise. The entire story was fictitious and they have been sitting back getting quite a chuckle from all the posts this past week.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:eek:

That sounds like something out of an M. Knight Shyamalan movie!

No room assignment or a last minute assignment can only bring good things. I'm traveling with a family of four on the Allure. I'm a family of 2. We both upgraded to a "W" guarantee at the last minute. I was assigned a JS within 24 hours. 72 hours prior to sailing my family was finally assigned a GS and I got a call to upgrade to a CL for $800, which I declined. At the pier, my family was upgraded to a CL and I'm still in a JS.

I have been following this because we all love a good mystery , fictitious or not.:)

We always book gty cabins if we can to save money to fund our serious cruising habit.:D

The last one we had , a balcony GTY , was on the 1st June Independence sailing . We did not find out our cabin until 1pm on the day before sailing after logging on several times through out the day !!. We were onboard ship already and nearly wore the carpet out to RCI online.:D We ended up with a D1 by the way.

Funny thing though, Mel , the Diamond lounge Concierge , asked me the next evening what time did we find out as she still did not know at midnight and did not know where to send our letters etc.

Some people on that cruise got fantastic upgrades.:cool:

I think they absolutely went on the ship and I hope they had an amazing time - I was not trying to be mean - I selfishly wanted to know what he got as I am still unassigned at this time for Oasis next Saturday!

I'm thinking that they never did find a cabin for them last week, and they told them to hang around for this week's cruise and they'd hunt something up for them :D:D

Maybe they couldn't get them on Oasis so they put them on Allure and they just came home today!

It's been 10 days since the OP has posted. This thread has taken on a life of it's own and has become nothing more than members bumping it up hoping to find out the results of the OP's situation. Therefore I'm closing it. The OP is welcome to start a new thread if he would like to reveal what happened.

Archived