Thomson change Egypt cruise

Can also recommend Spinalonga, and I'd say go onto the Thomson excursion as you get there before anyone else and you have the island almost for yourself. Plus, a really nice meze style lunch in Elounda afterwards.

Probably won't be so busy in November but when we went in August on a Thomson trip; there were boatloads of people arriving as we were leaving; we had the island more-or-less to ourselves!!!

thanks for the tips guys:cool:....I was wondering about a recommended beach or nice walk in/near marmaris??

.....we have been to marmaris but only arriving and departing so never made it to the town

have never been to ag nik either

See my earlier post on this thread re water taxi over to Icemeler; beach much nicer there than Marmaris......

thanks jules...copied and pasted (thumbup):cool:

You're welcome - would offer photos but it's too complicated for me to upload here; never works for me - plenty on FB though but you're not on that forum, are you? :(

You can also get water taxis to other beaches beyond Icemeler but we didn't want to go too far from ship - it was about 20 min walk to where the water taxis are from the port - cost us 10tkl each, each way; about 20 minutes on the boat - lovely boat ride over & back all around the bay.

When you leave the port buildings, turn left & just keep following the marina round to the left - all very pretty around there with lots of bars, restaurants etc :)

thanks guys....I'm delighted with this

departing 6th november.....thoms didnt actually inform me:(....its all on the thoms website

Hello. I just logged into "my thomson cruise" and it still lists port said and Alexandria, however like you say I noticed on the thomson website the itinerary has been updated. Also noticed that price has now gone up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

A good booking there guys :D

Some info for anyone wanting to get to Elounda on their own.

Hope this works.... well it works for me in firefox, but not in IE.

The link should take you to a google map showing the true location of the bus station in Ag Nik. The one shown by google is wrong, took me a while to find it when we where there.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdIynyIdqwms.k18FRFlr_y1M

If it doesn't work the station is at the back of Epimenidou Road lower down than the Hospital.

The buses to Elounda are roughly every hour, you can find the times on the KTEL site.

Best Taverna in Elounda is Despina, best Fava you will find. Walk towards Plaka to find it.

Cafenion with the best view is up the hill from Despina in a village called Mavrikiano, it's called "The Hope" and is now run by a lovely young couple.

The previous owner Michaelis died 2 years ago aged 99, still running the place. We had some great times there years ago. ahh happy days:)

Best Taverna in Elounda is Despina, best Fava you will find. Walk towards Plaka to find it.

Cafenion with the best view is up the hill from Despina in a village called Mavrikiano, it's called "The Hope" and is now run by a lovely young couple.

The previous owner Michaelis died 2 years ago aged 99, still running the place. We had some great times there years ago. ahh happy days:)

yay...thanks for this joe:cool:

tbh..the security situation in israel has remained the same (israel is always in a state of high alert....as are many cities in europe and at home)

f.o advice on israel hasnt changed the advise is 'essential travel only' to parts of israel such as gaza, the border areas with lebanon & refugee camps

most visits to Israel are trouble free

israeli ports are very secure....you will see for yourself just how secure they are, when you are standing in the early morning queue to be interviewed by israeli border officials before you can disembark the ship in ashdod (they will check paperwork and speak to every person who wants to go ashore in ashdod even children)

any hint of that situation changing and thomsons wont go there

I am also going on 23rd oct. no one has informed, I did email Thomson on facebook and they said nothing had changed.lol. the website told me different. I did inform them of this which surprised them, they said my local office will call me,

I waited all day today for this call, 525pm I decided to call them. They new nothing about the changes. Expecting a call tomorrow.

The price has gone down by about £300 to what I paid.

Is that all we get £50 o/b credit?. will my 17 and 15 year old get it?

That's the least they can do, I would also like a upgrade to a level 3 outside, What chance do I have? currently on 1 or 2.

We were on Celebration in August and had to get up at 6.30 to be interviewed by Israeli officials even if we weren't disembarking, everyone had to be interviewed even the crew. Didn't like Ashod at all and spent 2 days there unfortunately.

That would totally put me off the cruise as I would be there for a holiday, not an early morning interrogation!!

That must be a logistical nightmare trying to interview all those passengers. Why? What sort of things do they want to know?

It takes only minutes and is very efficient. It is for your safety and security also.

I have done it on three different occasions and never been asked any questions. They only looked at my passport, smiled and handed it back.

Nothing to be concerned about.

Archived