Thomson change Egypt cruise

I spoke today to my local shop said still going to egypt

I think the local shop may the wrong; the crew told us when we were onboard from 5th-19th August that they would not be returning to Egypt again this year. Thomson have also pulled all Red Sea Cruises from sale for the winter & offered alternatives to people already booked.

This is on the Thomson website currently:-

Customer update- demonstrations in Egypt – 02nd September 2013

We understand that you may be concerned about your holiday in Egypt following news reports about demonstrations taking place and the current unrest in the country.

We want to reassure you that the safety of our customers is always our number one priority.

Thomson and First Choice follow the advice and guidance of the UK Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Currently the FCO is advising against all but essential travel to Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Suez.

I was contacted by Thompson and was provided with the new itinerary:

Day

Monday Marmaris, Turkey

Tuesday Rhodes, Greece

Wednesday At Sea

Thursday Ashdod, Israel

Friday Ashdod, Israel

Saturday Larnaca, Cyprus

Sunday Alanya, Turkey

Monday Marmaris, Turkey

Just looking on gov web page they recommend no travel to Israel I M thinking of going on this cruise

Just looking on gov web page they recommend no travel to Israel I M thinking of going on this cruise

Mystery Tour

I would go if I could get the time off work; wouldn't mind where it was going if I could be back on the Celebration again :)

The first time they revised the itinerary, they went to Aghios Nikolaso in Crete so maybe it will go there....

I've booked!!........too good to miss, I was going to book our usual week in sharm but this is half the price...so I do get to go on majesty after all (thumbup)

at this price no need to get extra bed in cabin just book 3 cabins (for the 6 of us) sorted:)

and flights from local airport (we could barely fly to sharm at that price...so the cruise is effectively almost free):cool:

happy bunny

looks like it may be a bit of a mystery tour tho?? probably no call at alex or port said....israel looking iffy?? and Cyprus a bit iffy too??

I've booked!!........too good to miss, I was going to book our usual week in sharm but this is half the price...so I do get to go on majesty after all (thumbup)

at this price no need to get extra bed in cabin just book 3 cabins (for the 6 of us) sorted:)

and flights from local airport (we could barely fly to sharm at that price...so the cruise is effectively almost free):cool:

happy bunny

looks like it may be a bit of a mystery tour tho?? probably no call at alex or port said....israel looking iffy?? and Cyprus a bit iffy too??

Well done geo! :D Obviously too good to miss. It will certainly be an adventure - but they'll no doubt take you somewhere so I hope you and the family have a great time! :)

happy bunny

Lucky you

It's Celebration, not Majesty - confused :confused::confused:

I traveled on two tours when we docked in Israel. I went with a Thomson tour up to Nazareth/ Galilee and then with http://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/ for a small group tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. At no point did I feel unsafe. It was great to see as much of the Israel in the two days as I could.

I traveled on two tours when we docked in Israel. I went with a Thomson tour up to Nazareth/ Galilee and then with http://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/ for a small group tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. At no point did I feel unsafe. It was great to see as much of the Israel in the two days as I could.

Thanks for that

Yikes!!!..had me going there for a minute...jules:eek:

nope its definitely majesty....I believe celebration will be in dry dock (for the balconies)

Sorry - completely crossed wires; thought you were talking about this cruise on 16th Sept that others have been talking about that is so cheap at the moment!

Sorry - completely crossed wires; thought you were talking about this cruise on 16th Sept that others have been talking about that is so cheap at the moment!

oops! yes, crossed wires:o...same itinerary but in november on majesty.......even cheaper tho:cool::cool::cool::)

I'm booked on this cruise 16/9/13, phone Thomson yesterday about itinerary but no call back from them! Does anyone know how late they left it before changing the lasted cruise in August? :cool:

We were onboard & I think the people staying on for the following week for the "Mystery Cruise" were sent a letter round to their cabins on the Wednesday.

I'm booked on this cruise 16/9/13, phone Thomson yesterday about itinerary but no call back from them! Does anyone know how late they left it before changing the lasted cruise in August? :cool:

I too am considering this cruise. I went into the shop yesterday and was told the wed before the cruise you would be notified.

Hope to see you in marmaris

Did you like the ship.

How was the drink prices trips etc

I replied to you yesterday about prices etc; we had AI so didn't have to pay onboard for drinks. Loved the ship; we have always loved the Celebration. I did a review when we got back that you might like to read. Here is the link:-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903457

I replied to you yesterday about prices etc; we had AI so didn't have to pay onboard for drinks. Loved the ship; we have always loved the Celebration. I did a review when we got back that you might like to read. Here is the link:-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903457

Hi thanks for that read your review.

I ave done celebration but a few years ago.

I hope to go still waiting for my friend to sort herself out before she misses the boat literally.

All very positive from you

Thomson have now changed the name of this cruise from " Egypt and the Holy Land to " The Aegean and the Holy Land.

The Thomson web site has details of the new itinerary.

interesting that they have changed the name...I'm guessing that they were struggling to fill the ship up?.....a much better itinerary now, imo

for now, spirit is still doing pharaohs & promised land in october and maj doing same itinerary in november (at bargain prices….at the moment);):cool:

interesting that they have changed the name...I'm guessing that they were struggling to fill the ship up?.....a much better itinerary now, imo

for now, spirit is still doing pharaohs & promised land in october and maj doing same itinerary in november (at bargain prices….at the moment);):cool:

The cruise on the Celebration originally had only one day in Ashdod. Now one of the days in Egypt has been replaced with another day in Ashdod and the other day replaced with a day in Rhodes.

I know they have been doing this over the past few weeks, but it has taken them long enough to realize that they won't be going to Egypt any time soon and finally let their customers know in advance what is happening.

As the cruise on the Majesty already has 2 days in Ashdod I guess they are still looking for alternative ports for the 2 Egyptian ports on that cruise.

I heard someone mention an extra day at sea. Don't think I would be happy with that.

Just wondering about the latest developments and wonder if it will effect Cyprus.

A mystery cruise indeed.

Archived