Thomson change Egypt cruise

At least they've made the decision now and not a couple of weeks before departure. As has been said, it will put a lot of pressure on Dream and Celebration. Definitely can't see Caribbean itineraries getting any cheaper then this year.

Still surprised that they are going for a two ship fleet in the winter. Will be interesting to see if they reinstate the Red Sea for next winter or not. Be easier now for them to introduce a new destination though if not. :rolleyes:

yep...v disappointing (devastating) for those booked on majesty...and for the crew

I'm guessing that thoms just couldnt sell this itinerary? I dont think FO has changed its advice, or, possibly the suez canal transit was the problem?

wonder whythey couldn't redeploy majesty somewhere else?

this could put pressure on dream & celebration this winter?

Remember the Celebration will also be in dry dock having balconies added from early November till the 20th December. Leaving only the Dream which will be doing re positioning cruises at that time. So not a lot of choice.

With such good bargains on other cruise lines, passengers may look elsewhere and Thomson may not get them back.

Remember the Celebration will also be in dry dock having balconies added from early November till the 20th December. Leaving only the Dream which will be doing re positioning cruises at that time. So not a lot of choice.

With such good bargains on other cruise lines, passengers may look elsewhere and Thomson may not get them back.

Doesn't Spirit do Celebration's itineraries while it is in dry dock? Or is there a time between them both when neither of them are sailing?

it has always puzzled me why thoms swapped celebration/spirit for majesty in the red sea??

majesty has a larger passenger capacity, I have noticed that (judging by the low fares you can often get) they struggle to fill the ships up on this itinerary (especially after the uprising)

so, why deploy a bigger ship? (and a smaller ship in the more popular canaries) :confused:

perhaps this is the excuse they need to pull out of red sea altogether?

it has always puzzled me why thoms swapped celebration/spirit for majesty in the red sea??

majesty has a larger passenger capacity, I have noticed that (judging by the low fares you can often get) they struggle to fill the ships up on this itinerary (especially after the uprising)

so, why deploy a bigger ship? (and a smaller ship in the more popular canaries) :confused:

perhaps this is the excuse they need to pull out of red sea altogether?

I was wondering about this yesterday and thought that perhaps they were anticipating that demand for the Red Sea this next year may be even lower than last winter so better for Thomson to cancel cruises on a Louis owned ship (Majesty) and keep their own ship (Celebration ) in use.

Would those that make the decisions about where ships are deployed have also given some thought about the political situation worsening in Egypt and hence even less people wanting to risk going there?

Could this have been the reason for swopping the ships around and deploying Majesty in the Red Sea/ Eygpt area and Celebration in the Canaries. If the situation deteriorated (as it has) and Thomson could not fill their cruise ship in the Eygptian region, then would it not be better for them to hand back Majesty to Louis for a few months and keep their own ship Celebration working in the safe and popular Canaries?

And does what I have written make sense? :rolleyes:

Does to me Jakanne. Putting the Majesty with a higher passenger load into the Red Sea doesn't add up and as geo says from the pricing in recent years it seems they have to really let cabins go at bargain prices to fill the ship - so why put a bigger one on these routes? Unless as you suggest there is another rationale behind their thinking.

all red sea have been cancelled. i was on transit fri cyprus to sharm via suez. i was cancelled today. i have now booked the Caribbean instead. they are not sailing the red sea at all this winter season

Somebody forgot to tell Cruise Deals !!!

I got a call this afternoon asking me if I was still interested in following up an earlier enquiry about the Jewels of the Mediterranean (Feb.2014) cruise out of Sharm el Sheik.

I was contacted by Thompson and was provided with the new itinerary:

Day

Monday Marmaris, Turkey

Tuesday Rhodes, Greece

Wednesday At Sea

Thursday Ashdod, Israel

Friday Ashdod, Israel

Saturday Larnaca, Cyprus

Sunday Alanya, Turkey

Monday Marmaris, Turkey

HI ARE YOU BACK FROM CRUISE? WE GO 16TH SEPT THOMSOM INFORMS US WE STILL GO TO EGYPT. PLEASE CAN YOU UPDATE US WHERE WE DO ACTUALLY SAIL TO ON THE CELEBRATION :confused: TO THE HOLY LAND !! ALSO WAS THE CRUISE GOOD WHAT CAN YOU TELL US. SHOULD WE BE LOOKING FORWARD TO OURS? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

;)

THANKS SAL AND MIKE

We went to Rhodes instead of Alexandria and spent an extra day in Ashdod. This was a bonus for us as we got to see more of Israel and there was also the option of an overnight excursion taking in Nazareth, Galilee overnight in Jerusalem and then a full day in Jerusalem and Bethlehem. We will get to see Egypt another time when they have resolved their difficulties. Cheers, Mike

I am wondering about this as well, as The Celebration cruise to Egypt is being sold by Thomsons today for £455 on 16 th September. Thinking of booking but may have to ring Thomsons to check itinery.

Booked this cruise at £580 each lasted week thinking I had got a bargain but should have waited a week! ( £482 at the moment from Gatwick) :mad: Thomson would help there sales if they made a decision on the itinerary But looking forward to the mystery cruise :cool:

HI just book it ! at that price it is exceptional offer. we collected our tickets yesterday and Thomson did not know our destinations other than what was originally offered. The only one she said would be a change to RHODES rather than Port Said. But for just over 400 pound you are doing Turkey Greece Cyprus, Egypt that can not be bad at all! Also i was informed a lovely traditional ship not too large friendly and welcoming. EXCELLENT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT.So if this does not waiver you into booking and i do not know what other good deal you will get. ( I should work for Thomson!) if you book it let us know and we can say hello to you on board in just over 2 weeks time ! keep us posted . Sal and Mike x:p

this is a great price....I'm thinking of booking holy land in november (despite all I said about the majesty):o

but, these prices are too good to miss:cool::cool:

even better if they miss out port said and go to rhodes instead....bonus:cool:

I am wondering about this as well, as The Celebration cruise to Egypt is being sold by Thomsons today for £455 on 16 th September. Thinking of booking but may have to ring Thomsons to check

Spoke to,Thomson and it is going to Egypt as planned

HI just book it ! at that price it is exceptional offer. we collected our tickets yesterday and Thomson did not know our destinations other than what was originally offered. The only one she said would be a change to RHODES rather than Port Said. But for just over 400 pound you are doing Turkey Greece Cyprus, Egypt that can not be bad at all! Also i was informed a lovely traditional ship not too large friendly and welcoming. EXCELLENT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT.So if this does not waiver you into booking and i do not know what other good deal you will get. ( I should work for Thomson!) if you book it let us know and we can say hello to you on board in just over 2 weeks time ! keep us posted . Sal and Mike x:p

I am hoping to go on cruise with Molly moo you will like the celebration I have been on it before.

I just need her to make a decision as time is drawing near.

Hope to see you in marmaris

Looking to book this cruise and wondering if itinerary is safe.

Does anyone know if its worth doing all inc or is the drink a fair price

Also the trip to Jerusalem is it worth the cost.

Would appreciate advice

The last time they did this itinerary 2 weeks ago, it was Rhodes, day at sea, 2 days in Ashdod, Larnaca, Alanya.

Drinks are about the same as UK prices I guess - £4.60 for cocktails, £3.70 pint of beer or cider, £3.90 glass of house wine, £3.90/£4.10 spirits & £1.80 for cans.

In light of the FCO travel advice, Thomson Cruises has changed its itinerary for an Egypt & the Holy Land voyage on the Thomson Celebration vessel starting next Monday.

Have not said where to :confused:

http://news.sky.com/story/1129400/eg...red-sea-hotels

I spoke today to my local shop said still going to egypt

Archived