Thomson change Egypt cruise

Good price Geo, you will like the Majesty wherever they take you.

If it does kick off over there you are safe in the knowledge that Thomson will point the ship in the opposite direction and you may end up doing Greece or maybe even a little way up the Adriatic to Kotor if you're lucky. Would be a good move in my opinion.

You have some cracking entertainment to look forward to, they are a great showteam.

Good price Geo, you will like the Majesty wherever they take you.

If it does kick off over there you are safe in the knowledge that Thomson will point the ship in the opposite direction and you may end up doing Greece or maybe even a little way up the Adriatic to Kotor if you're lucky. Would be a good move in my opinion.

You have some cracking entertainment to look forward to, they are a great showteam.

thanks joe....really looking forward to this one now

if they change the ports to somewhere interesting....bonus...if not, I am happy to loaf about the ship

ds is bleating because he wanted to go diving in sharm...ho humm...cant please em all (sorry ds)

mil is happy...she loves a good war zone

ditto ms magot

I'm happy....no cumbersome offspring in cabin....I can loaf about in my shreddies:cool:

teenage dd's cant wait to hang about in dark corners for a week while chewing on never ending melon (with ketchup)

it'll be great:cool:;):)

Looking to book this cruise ASAP but am worried about the safety in this region as the foreign office advise not to travel unless necessary.

What are other people's thoughts do you think thomson may change the whole itinery

thoms wont take us anywhere near to where fo advises against....they will sail on....to somewhere safe....safety will be paramount....they have always looked after us in the past:cool:

We weren't told of the change in itinerary till we were on board in spite o me e mailing Thomsons and asking if there would be changes. Didn't like Ashod and 2 days there is not nice, industrial port very noisy, not impressed with the town either. We fidget £50 each on bard credit and a full day in Cyprus instead of half, but disappointed be ause they don do the Nissi Beach trip anymore. Still love the ship, the crew are fantastic people, love the food, entertainment and atmosphere.

We weren't told of the change in itinerary till we were on board in spite o me e mailing Thomsons and asking if there would be changes. Didn't like Ashod and 2 days there is not nice, industrial port very noisy, not impressed with the town either. We fidget £50 each on bard credit and a full day in Cyprus instead of half, but disappointed be ause they don do the Nissi Beach trip anymore. Still love the ship, the crew are fantastic people, love the food, entertainment and atmosphere.

Did you do trips at Ashdod or stay on boat

Holland America cancelled their calls at Ashdod and Haifa a couple of days ago on the Noordam. Replaced the Israeli ports wtih Bodrum and Antalya.

Passengers received future cruise credit of 15 % of fare paid.

Nice alternative ports - we did Bodrum instead of Mykonos recently due to rough seas :)

I'm not sure why holland America won't go to Israel at the moment? If my cruise on 13th November doesn't go to Israel I will be extremely disappointed.

We're in the same boat (figuratively), leaving Oct 23rd with 2 days in Israel and would be extremely disappointing as well as they were the main reason for this cruise for us.

We're in the same boat (figuratively), leaving Oct 23rd with 2 days in Israel and would be extremely disappointing as well as they were the main reason for this cruise for us.

Hope all turns out well for you. I too would be very disappointed to miss Israel.

I have been to Israel a few times and it's a fantastic experience.

Fingers crossed for you.

hurrah!! my cunning plan worked;)

my pharaohs & promised land cruise on majesty in november has been changed to 'delights of the promised land':cool::cool:

now calling at

marmaris & ag nik instead of alex & port said....happy bunny

I'm going on the 13th November and haven't been notified of any changes. What date are you travelling?

Well done you !!! Hope you have a great time. Ag Nik is lovely.......Enjoy !!!

Well done geo :) I love ag nik :)

thanks guys....I'm delighted with this

I'm going on the 13th November and haven't been notified of any changes. What date are you travelling?

departing 6th november.....thoms didnt actually inform me:(....its all on the thoms website

hurrah!! my cunning plan worked;)

my pharaohs & promised land cruise on majesty in november has been changed to 'delights of the promised land':cool::cool:

now calling at

marmaris & ag nik instead of alex & port said....happy bunny

If you haven't been before; can recommend Spinalonga from Ag Nik - great trip & Marmaris is lovely to get off & wander around the old town; about 10-15 mins walk from ship. This year we walked all around the old town & caught a water taxi over to Icemeler where we spent the day on the beach (not sure what the weather will be like in Nov though?). If you're feeling energetic, there's always the cycle ride round to Icemeler which is good fun or another good day out is a jeep trip up into the mountains.

Good choices of ports - I can understand why you are pleased ;)

If you haven't been before; can recommend Spinalonga from Ag Nik - great trip & Marmaris is lovely to get off & wander around the old town; about 10-15 mins walk from ship. This year we walked all around the old town & caught a water taxi over to Icemeler where we spent the day on the beach (not sure what the weather will be like in Nov though?). If you're feeling energetic, there's always the cycle ride round to Icemeler which is good fun or another good day out is a jeep trip up into the mountains.

Good choices of ports - I can understand why you are pleased ;)

Can also recommend Spinalonga, and I'd say go onto the Thomson excursion as you get there before anyone else and you have the island almost for yourself. Plus, a really nice meze style lunch in Elounda afterwards.

Archived