Thomson change Egypt cruise

Geo, just logged into MyThomson cruise and it the itinerary has now changed to reflect the website. I wonder when Thomson are going to inform me officially?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

they still havnt formally informed me of any itinerary change??....not even a cryptic email.....if i didnt know better i would still believe i was going to egypt:(

maybe they are going to leave until the week before departure or even wait until I board the ship??....there will be people out there who have booked and are yet to discover the change....v poor customer service imo:(

they still havnt formally informed me of any itinerary change??....not even a cryptic email.....if i didnt know better i would still believe i was going to egypt:(

maybe they are going to leave until the week before departure or even wait until I board the ship??....there will be people out there who have booked and are yet to discover the change....v poor customer service imo:(

Went into my local thomson today. As I booked online the local store won't assist me (and have had no reply to the email I sent to customer services on Friday night).

Whist the female in the thomson store couldn't help directly she did say that it would be likely that we would find out very close to the cruise of any change to itinerary. Like you I fear we may end up finding out officially upon boarding the shop. Not impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

They also issue you with a card at the same time which will be stamped at immigration, so that you will not have an Israeli stamp in your passport, which may cause problems when entering certain countries.

Have a great time.

There are a whole bunch of Islamic countries that don't recognise the state of Israel and will not allow anybody to cross their borders with an Israeli immigration stamp on their passport - hence the practice of a temporary removable card issued on entering Israel.

Israeli border control interview everybody attempting to enter the country - I've even seen a Diplomatic passport holder being questioned and strictly speaking that is against international protocols.

There are a whole bunch of Islamic countries that don't recognise the state of Israel and will not allow anybody to cross their borders with an Israeli immigration stamp on their passport - hence the practice of a temporary removable card issued on entering Israel.

Israeli border control interview everybody attempting to enter the country - I've even seen a Diplomatic passport holder being questioned and strictly speaking that is against international protocols.

I had lots of stamps and visas in my passport from Jordan, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, UAE, Thought I may have been asked about my visits, but no problems.

Would probably have worried the Americans though, lol......

Would probably have worried the Americans though, lol......

it does!:(

my birthplace (as shown on my passport)..... benghazi (british military hospital) ....raises a few eyebrows sometimes:rolleyes:

I have seen people removed from the (early morning) queue for further questions...myself included

My father was stationed in Benghazi when he was in the army but I was born in the UK.

Have you been back to Benghazi? I visited a few years ago. Glad I did as it would be more difficult now.

Yes I have noticed on a couple of occasions one or two people being taken aside for questioning. Usually because like yourself, it's to do with place of birth, or it could be an unusual surname. I have never heard of anyone being refused entry.

For most people it is a quick and simple procedure and nothing to be concerned about.

My father was stationed in Benghazi when he was in the army but I was born in the UK.

Have you been back to Benghazi? I visited a few years ago. Glad I did as it would be more difficult now.

no, I have never been back to libya...my mother was a QA (nursing corps) my father was deployed (somewhere?) korea I think? at the time of my birth

on his return they were promptly posted to cyprus where my sister was born...after that I mostly grew up in germany & southern england

my parents returned to visit libya a few times (it was where they met) but they never took us along with them??

no, I have never been back to libya...my mother was a QA (nursing corps) my father was deployed (somewhere?) korea I think? at the time of my birth

on his return they were promptly posted to cyprus where my sister was born...after that I mostly grew up in germany & southern england

my parents returned to visit libya a few times (it was where they met) but they never took us along with them??

That's very interesting. I hope you get to visit Libya some day.

I applied to join the QA as a teenager. Passed the exam and medical. You needed your parent's permission to join if you were under 21 at that time.

My father refused to sign the forms. Told me to wait till I was 21.

I got married at 21 and that was the end of that, lol

• 2 weeks later...

finally.... a couple of weeks after changing the pharaohs promised land itinerary on maj in november...thoms have informed me (by email) of my itinerary change....hurrah!...ag nik & marmaris are official (no port said or alex):cool:

and

they have issued £50 per person obc...more hurrahs! (there's 6 of us ;) )....happy, happy bunny!

I only booked this cruise because it was soo cheap at the time (due to egypt troubles) in the hope that they would change the itinerary to somewhere else interesting....and they did!

i wasn’t expecting any obc...so that’s a bit of a lovely bonus.......as I have always said on this forum (tongueincheek).....thoms what a wonderful company you are to book with....thanks:cool:;) (now where is my bottle of wine loyalty bonus) (wickedgrin) :p :D

Hi Geo -

How did you receive notification of the on-board credit? We are departing Oct 23rd and received our e-tickets from a Thomson email address, but there was no mention of the credit. We booked a year in advance so I would think we are eligible as well.

We are in North America and booked through Cruisedeals - so hoping we don't have to make calls and jump through hoops to get the credit ..

woohho - less than a month before we leave!

way-to-go lambo:cool:...a kindred soul;)...it'll be a great cruise (even better now)….have a good one;)

hi there rodndonna

its stated in the email that dropped into my inbox today.........£50pp obc as a gesture of goodwill for inconvenience

i booked on line so i am dealing with thoms directly

I do suspect that this is a blanket goodwill gesture for all affected by this change (others have reported getting obc) (I wasnt really expecting any) as you have booked so far in advance there is even more reason why you should not miss out??

hopefully it will pop onto your onboard account once onboard (if not you can register you displeasure at guest services and get them to sort it out)

let me know how it goes and have a great cruise:cool:

Hi Geomat,

I suspect you are right.

I think we will just wing it and I expect the credit will be there - if not we can deal with it then. :)

This is our first Thomson cruise and really looking forward to it. We have AI for booking early and now 50 each on-board credit - woo-hoo - it feels like getting paid on vacation :cool:

finally.... a couple of weeks after changing the pharaohs promised land itinerary on maj in november...thoms have informed me (by email) of my itinerary change....hurrah!...ag nik & marmaris are official (no port said or alex)

and

they have issued £50 per person obc...more hurrahs! (there's 6 of us ;) )....happy, happy bunny!

I only booked this cruise because it was soo cheap at the time (due to egypt troubles) in the hope that they would change the itinerary to somewhere else interesting....and they did!

i wasn’t expecting any obc...so that’s a bit of a lovely bonus.......as I have always said on this forum (tongueincheek).....thoms what a wonderful company you are to book with....thanks:cool:;) (now where is my bottle of wine loyalty bonus) (wickedgrin) :p :D

Great news Geo.:D

Just returned from celebration but unfortunately we booked 6th sept and they were ony giving obc for people who booked before the 3rd.

Feel this was unfair as itinery changed again from 2 days in Ashdod to one in Haifa.

Tried to argue the toss but victor was having none of it .

How unfair was that

Some people paid 440 then got 50 pound obc how cheap was that.

If you on ship look out for Geoffrey in lido bar and in staff show he was a star

Geoffrey we love you

Just returned from celebration but unfortunately we booked 6th sept and they were ony giving obc for people who booked before the 3rd.

Feel this was unfair as itinery changed again from 2 days in Ashdod to one in Haifa.

How unfair was that

If you on ship look out for Geoffrey in lido bar and in staff show he was a star

Geoffrey we love you

hope you had a good time and enjoyed the celebration:cool:

how disappointing for you that you didnt get the obc....did they ever let on as to why they changed to haifa?

looks like I just squeaked in? they didnt change my itinerary (to delights of promised land) until 11th sept (after I had booked)

How unfair was that

Geoffrey we love you

Quote " My name's Geoffrey & I work in the Lido Restaurant". " And don"t forget to sanitise" !!! Loved that man :)

Thomson may have dropped the area for 2014 but Fred Olsen are showing it and the Suez area for 2014/15.

Will this be changed or do they know some thing Thomson does not.

I've noticed other lines punting cruises for 2014 which include passage through the Suez canal in either direction to and from the Med.

Looks helluva like a fingers crossed / hope it'll be alright on the night approach - then the small print comes into effect if these itineraries have to be deviated from.

If it's any consolation, my colleague has just returned from Sharm el sheihk last week and its absolutely fine.....as far as Alexandria and Port Said have been several times and unsure whether I would leave the area around where the ship is berthed only for leg stretch, we are talking a few years ago now...but fellow ship mates who have gone on the excursions to Jeruselem and other areas say the journey was long, they had armed guards who went ahead and cleared the villages before the coaches went through....we always passed on these excursions. Not sure whether you could haggle with the silly fakirs that hang around the bottom of the gang plank at this moment in time though.

sharm is fine...because that area is governed separately from the rest of egypt and has an (extremely) high security presence.....the rest of the country is under a state of emergency...in fact uk fo are even advising not to use cairo airport as transit stop

sharm is fine...because that area is governed separately from the rest of egypt and has an (extremely) high security presence.....the rest of the country is under a state of emergency...in fact uk fo are even advising not to use cairo airport as transit stop

Geo. just got a letter in the post this morning from Thomson officially confirming the change of itinerary. And of course £50 spend for my wife and I. Delighted

Geo. just got a letter in the post this morning from Thomson officially confirming the change of itinerary. And of course £50 spend for my wife and I. Delighted

yay! way-to-go lambo...this is all panning out quite well eh?:cool:;):) (I also v delighted)

have a great cruise:cool:

:mad:OMG , I just thought I check the price on my holiday and the holiday has changed on the internet, No one has informed me , I booked with Thomson shop, Plus the change means the holiday is now £700 cheaper from what I've booked. I will not be happy if I get £50.00 obc as it only 2 off us, I want the complete difference in the price off the holiday.

I be in there kicking off on Friday, or I want a full refund, I booked my holiday before the Egypt thing kicked off. :mad:

Archived