New Orleans

PM399

I used to stay at the Quality Inn on St. Charles, but it's gotten too expensive to stay there.

Recently stayed at a Baymont Inn and Suites but it was in the lower 9th ward where things are still not right so I don't recommend. In February we're staying at a Sleep Inn and Suites in Metierie. It's still $145 w/ taxes but it's in a nicer part of town offers free cruise parking and is only about 10 minutes from the pier.

There are some really nice vacation rentals in the area if you are going to spend a day or two before or after. New Orleans is one my favorite vacation spots - have been there many times. Sadly, I wanted our first cruise to be out of NOLA instead we're sailing from Jacksonville - will have to have my hurricane even if it's not a "true" hurricane. :)

We stayed at the Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter ( formerly Holiday Inn ) , and loved it. Because we have to fly to our cruises, parking is not a concern of mine and I can't speak about their parking. Because we don't have a car location is everything to me. I want to be close to the restaurants, stores, etc. and this property is , but not too close !

We do you stay when you cruise out of New Orleans?

We stayed 3 nights at the Ambassador Hotel, It was great. The concierge was very helpful. It was in walking distance of everything in the French Quarter. It is a historic building. It is not like staying at the Four Seasons. But for a taste of Old New Orleans, it can't be beat. The rooms are not huge, but they have wood floors and everything you need. Besides if you are in New Orleans you should be out seeing everything in this great city. The included breakfast bar was sufficient for our needs. The price is very reasonable, especially for being so close to everything includung the street cars. The cab ride to the port is short and cheap. Here is a link: http://www.hotels.com/ho116792/ambassador-hotel-new-orleans-new-orleans-united-states/

We just booked another cruise out of NOLA for next month (retirement is great!! :D), and will be staying at the Royal Sonesta for a couple of nights before the cruise. We've stayed there before, and loved it. Right down in the quarter, but still a quiet room.

I have stayed at the Ramada by the Superdome, nice hotel (they had cruise parking at that time, not sure if they still do), but a long walk to all the fun stuff.

ETA - we've also stayed at the Inn on Bourbon (I think it's run by Ramada), it was also nice but it was a bit noisier than Royal Sonesta - you could hear people in the hallways, and one couple a few doors down from us decided to have a loud. drunk, knock-down drag-out fight in the hall at 3 AM. Not fun, but also not hotel's fault.

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites in Gretna, LA this past January for our cruise on the Carnival Conquest(loved it). It is located just across the river from New Orleans. They offer a free shuttle bus to ferry that takes you right to the French Quarter & trolley line. They also offer a Park & Cruise rate and has a decent breakfast buffet. We stayed three nights...two night at the regular hotel rate and the third night at the park & cruise rate. I would suggest that you request a room on the second floor as the first floor rooms are a little worn. The second floor rooms were much less 'used'.

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-gretna-louisiana-LA036

We do you stay when you cruise out of New Orleans?

Staying @ Hampton Inn & Suites on Convention Blvd by pier in Oct. Usually get comped @ Harrahs,but trying something diff. for one nite. They shuttle to @ from ship, u can leave your car there for $14 nite.

Our first cruise out of NOLA, we stayed at Drury Inn and it was beautiful with excellent service. It also includes a "happy hour" with a hot food buffet and 3 alcoholic drinks included. You also get free soda and popcorn during the day. In the mornings, you get a free hot breakfast buffet.

Last time we stayed at Springhill Suites right down the street from the cruise terminal. It was a beautiful place too and we enjoyed our stay there. Also a free breakfast.

I believe this time around we are going to try out the Blake Hotel, which is right next door to Drury and a good location for walking to the Riverfront. :)

Assuming you're driving, parking downtown can be expensive. Looks like something might be going on - the park and cruise deal at Holiday Inn Superdome is $204/night (on there website).

I would pick something you can live with (AND cancel without penalty) and go ahead and book while shopping around for something better.

We always stay at quality inn in Gretna La. We usually go a few days before our cruise, we take the shuttle to the ferry then take the ferry across to bourbon st. Spend the day then go back, I think the ferry runs till midnight, the shuttle till 9. The driver always tells us to call after 9 and will still come pick us up. The day of the cruise we take the shuttle to the port and leave our car at the motel. We paid $129 for the park and cruise rate. 15-25 min ride

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Assuming you're driving, parking downtown can be expensive. Looks like something might be going on - the park and cruise deal at Holiday Inn Superdome is $204/night (on there website).

I would pick something you can live with (AND cancel without penalty) and go ahead and book while shopping around for something better.

Saints @ noon Sun & something else.

Marriott on St. Charles was nice but they were hosting a step dance competition so it seemed like a million kids. Bordered the French Quarter so it was easy access. I'd stay there again but I'll check on special events first. :D

We stayed at the Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter ( formerly Holiday Inn ) , and loved it. Because we have to fly to our cruises, parking is not a concern of mine and I can't speak about their parking. Because we don't have a car location is everything to me. I want to be close to the restaurants, stores, etc. and this property is , but not too close !

We are staying at Wyndham in 2 weeks. First time we have ever spent the night in NOLA before a cruise. Glad to hear someone post about it. Thanks! I always feel a little better when I see positive comments!

Prytania Park Hotel

Yes!

Stay two nights before and one after, or vice versa and you park for free. Makes a great 10 day vacation out of a 7 day cruise! Also, as of the other day, the rooms were $109/night.

It's quiet quiet quiet, sits off of St. Charles so the street car line is just a block away. Taxis to the port are $7pp, and Bourbon street is about 10 minutes away via street car.

It is also near Voodoo BBQ, a couple of Sushi places, and some nice bars for a quiet evening prior to your cruise.

We like to stay two nights before and do our normal New Orleans routine, with the second night being a quiet night of packing and then get up SUPER early Sunday morning to watch our ship come up the river (somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 AM). We go down to the Moon Walk (the steps in front of the St Louis Cathedral on the river) and watch the ship make the turn at Algiers point, and then go enjoy Cafe Du Monde before going back to the hotel and forcing ourselves to wait until 9:45 to call a cab.

Archived