!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Loving your review and pictures. Tell your Mom that after you posted about her lost shoe in Bermuda I went out and bought a pink pair just like them. They are so comfortable especially when walking around Bermuda. Not only did you help me with all your information on the Breakaway, your Mom helped me find a real comfortable pair of shoes, lol. Thanks to both of you!!

DisneyDreampicguidev3_zps71d7ae4e.png

I want to invite you to visit my blog Cruise With Gambee

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

This review will have some new techniques and the use of more videos.

As always I have a lot of material to share with everyone.

My reviews are loaded with fun times, great pictures and as always an unbiased point of view.

I welcome again all of my fans and new followers as well. Thank you kindly for being a part of this ^_^

I invite you to come and experience a Disney Cruise through the eyes of 3 adults! :D

Thank you Mike (Swim13) for this banner =)

Introduction

Lets see, where do I start this time around… I have been cruising for a little over a year, this cruise kinda marks the 1 year anniversary since we started cruising. We have been on a total of 5 cruises, the NCL Sky, Allure of the Seas, X Silhouette, NCL Breakaway and now the magnificent Disney Dream. If you are new to my reviews I invited you to check out my reviews, the links are in my signature or they are also in my Blog without the comments to make the reviews easier to read. I have also separated all the information into sections, and it makes it easier to access.

Our quest to experience all the cruise lines, has been slightly modified. I think we are now more focused on sailing on the flagships of each cruise line. I am fascinated by innovation and technology, and what better way to experience this than sailing in the best ships each cruise line has to offer. Of course this all comes at a high cost, since those vessels are usually priced much higher than the older ships. But we do what we can with what we have, so its all good :).

This time around we traveled with my friend Sarah, I also asked my boy friend to come with us but he decided not to go since Disney is not really his thing. Of course a few days before the cruise he kept giving me a guilt trip, but it was to late to anything about it :-/. So anyway, it was my mom, Sarah and myself in this trip. This cruise was booked about 2 weeks before sailing, due to several complications I had to cancel my Breeze cruise, and I was lucky enough to be able to fit this cruise during that week and have my mother come with us. I really think that a Gambee cruise is a not a real cruise unless my mom comes with, so I was very excited that all the dates lined up together to make this possible.

Something really neat is that all 3 of us are die hard Disney fans, and this is something that we all had on our plans for a long time. Mom and I thought that a Disney cruise would not be possible until 2014 or even later. So you can only imagine the level of excitement that we all had when I finally pressed the "Book now" button and we realized the cruise was really going to happen! The only drawback of the cruise is that it was only going to be a 3 day cruise, as this was the only time that I managed to get off from work. But that really did not matter to us, just the fact that we were able to go on a Disney cruise was an incredible opportunity, almost like a "Dream" I know, I know corny :o. I just had to keep in mind that in order to document the entire ship, I had to stay moving at all times.

So anyway lets get this party started!!!

DisneyDreamday2-64_zps0b813254.jpg

Room Selection

We were very fortunate that Disney was holding a very short sale for Florida Residents, and that is pretty much the reason why we decided to finally book this cruise. The sale was a rather odd one, for slightly less (about 2%) of the cost of an interior cabin, you could get any category balcony cabin that your heart desired. I say odd, because from my experience they usually offer sales on all of the cabin categories, in some cases dropping the inside rooms by up to 40%. My guess is that they were having trouble selling a few of the balcony cabins and that is why they offered it. Anyway, lets keep on going, so it was a good sale. I mean we would still have to pay Disney prices, but we would have a much better room enjoy ourselves in.

If you already read my Breakaway cruise review, you know by now how much I love AFT balconies. They offer so much more space than the average balcony cabin does (on some ships), and the views are fantastic! So as you can imagine, my first question to Sarah (she was doing the research while I was at work) was if the aft cabins where available with the offer. And surprisingly they where, that got me even more excited. Later on I discovered that just like the Breakaway the Disney Dream cabins also had large extended balconies.

So here is where I kinda messed up... All I have to say is, do your research! I did some research before setting down foot on the cabin, but maybe it was just not enough. Now don't get me wrong it is a great cabin, with one of the largest balconies on the ship (other than suites). The problem you ask? I ended up booking the infamous flag pole room, cabin number 6192.

To clarify it is not all that bad of a room, and in reality I could of changed the room if I really wanted to. But ultimately decided not to do it. Most of the reviews I read have very little to complain about the pole, and since they only raise the flag on port then it was not much of a problem. I guess in a way the benefits outweighed the negatives, the balcony was so big that it was hard to justify a room change. And since it was going to be 3 of us in the room, the extra space was an added bonus to spread around.

If you think about it we were very fortunate to have this room, specially considering that we booked just few weeks ahead of time, and even more with the rate that we paid for it. Overall we were very happy to have that room!

DisneyDreamDailyspa-1_zps0880f6b6.jpg

This is a novice mistake... The newest is certainly not always the best!

Still here.

Still reading.

Still enjoying! :D

What a difference it is reading each day as you write it instead of doing as I did with your Allure reviiew, coming in really late and trying to read the whole review all at once. That said, I'll still go back and read your NCL & X reviews when I'm done with this one

Too funny that you watched the Sensation in Nassau, Gambee. When we were on Breeze, Disney Dream was docked next to us, so we watched people on the AquaDuck! Your mom did a nice job with the video of Breeze leaving. I appreciated seeing that and your pictures of Breeze. And yes, I did stop and take lots of pictures of Dream, too!:D

Heather

Yeah I thought the video came out very nice as well. I am still looking forward to day that I actually get to sail that ship.

So sorry for your loss, I have two dogs , and I can't imagine the feelings.

I loved your Allure review but never comment on it. We went on the Fantasy this past March, it was our first cruise and we loved it. We had an aft room, 10150, it was great, right next to the elevators, and just a floor below Cabananas . No noise from Cabananas either We didnt hear any noise from the engine, perhaps cause we were higher. For breakfast, they always had the regular size glasses out

We were quite surprised to how much we enjoyed cruising although some of us got sea sick. We are still undecided if we should take Allure or do the Fantasy again next year. Anyways love your review so far, looking forward to more

They are two different products, I guess you can't really know how you will a product until you try it. Thank you for reading and commenting on this review :).

Gambee, guess its safe to say you liked the art work on this ship better than your buddies art work Peter Max on the Breakaway.

:D Very funny! But you're correct the art aboard the Dream was really neat.

Hi Gambee and Gambee’s Mom! Just went lurking to see if you were getting ready to board Carnival Breeze. Imagine my surprise when I saw your new review on Disney. I am signed in to see and read about all your adventures. I really laughed when I saw the picture of your Mom with crab leg spilling. The more things change..the more they stay the same lol. Thanks for the video of the cabin. Would this cabin hold a family of 5? Is there a pullman? I like the bathroom set-up.

On a serious note, I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Milo. I too had to put down my dog Higgins because of a tumour on his spine. His was located at the top of the spine and was blocking his airway. It was such a hard decision to make but it was the right thing to do. No animal should suffer. Keep good memories in your heart and the pain will get better.

You said you have some health concerns. I hope nothing too serious so you can get right back to cruising!!

It is really nice to see you here, glad you found me. I always enjoy all the input that have into my reviews. The capacity for our room was 3 people, I am not sure I would push more than 4 on that type of room.

Yeah putting Milo down was extremely hard, but I am not that much hurt by that, as much by the fact that he should of been put to sleep a few months ago. I can think now with a much more clear head and I do recall that he was able to wag his tail a couple of times. I will for ever remember his tail moving just before dying, that was my favorite thing that he did. I like to think that he knew it was me there, and that I was helping him out of a bad situation.

My health is good, is more of job concerns, lol. But I am looking into a new career anyway, so its all good. We will see what the future has up ahead for me.

Once again thank you for joining, I am really happy to see you here.

Loving your review and pictures. Tell your Mom that after you posted about her lost shoe in Bermuda I went out and bought a pink pair just like them. They are so comfortable especially when walking around Bermuda. Not only did you help me with all your information on the Breakaway, your Mom helped me find a real comfortable pair of shoes, lol. Thanks to both of you!!

I am sure she will read this herself, she was the one who told me to photograph her crocks. I had honestly completely forgotten about the entire episode on the catamaran, lol.

Still here.

Still reading.

Still enjoying! :D

What a difference it is reading each day as you write it instead of doing as I did with your Allure reviiew, coming in really late and trying to read the whole review all at once. That said, I'll still go back and read your NCL & X reviews when I'm done with this one

Thank you for keeping up with me. I plan on finishing day 2 tomorrow, just got to work a little more on it and start posting.

Later noticed the Carnival sensation arriving. I am not really sure why it took them so long to get there, maybe the Dream is much faster?

I think it arrives later to give the passengers a little more at sea time. They stay overnight in Nassau so don't get as much time cruising as other ships do.

This is a novice mistake... The newest is certainly not always the best!
Completely agree! IMHO, some of the nicest ships are not the new ones, but I only really learned that after many cruises and nights at sea.

Disney Dream is in my top 5 (probably higher) fav ships though!

Edited by TravlGrl

I think it arrives later to give the passengers a little more at sea time. They stay overnight in Nassau so don't get as much time cruising as other ships do.

I forgot about that, they have one from Miami and that is exactly why I went on the Sky instead of the Carnival.

DisneyDreamday2-185_zpsce8148e8.jpg

It was getting rather late and they starting closing the pool area to organize it for the pirate party. We decided to go and try to ride the Aquaduck, since the line had finally died down we went for it. I guess most people were either getting ready for early dinner or the show for that night.

The line was about 5 minutes, not bad at all.

A short Video of the Pool area closing.

DisneyDreamday2-187_zps0d23e578.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-188_zps298fffdf.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-189_zpsbaaf0165.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-190_zpsd0b6fecf.jpg

Since it was getting close to sail away we all decided to go to the room for it. Once I got there I decided to give room service a test run, and see the product that they offer. The menu is in the book with all the information about the ship, and the order has to be placed by phone. The food arrived in about 30 minutes I want to say, maybe a little less.

DisneyDreamday2-198_zps936ed756.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-199_zps5ed2a011.jpg

I will tell you one thing, this is the best room service I have ever tasted on a ship!

The steak sandwich was outstanding, my mouth waters as I think about it.

DisneyDreamday2-206_zpsa8fffb30.jpg

Tomato, Basil, mozzarella pannini was really good.

DisneyDreamday2-207_zpseccdf983.jpg

The fajita was just ok

DisneyDreamday2-208_zpscd9b8ca7.jpg

And to the big finale, you can get the Mickey bars on the room service menu. They are not on the menu, but just ask for them and they will deliver them for you. They are the same ones that are available at the parks, with the thick chocolate layer.

DisneyDreamday2-205_zps1f9dd100.jpg

After a few minutes the ship started moving, I got a short video.

The sailaway was pretty basic, I have already sailed from Nassau once and there is not much to see other than Atlantis.

DisneyDreamday2-200_zpsee2e9bba.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-201_zps0b34c0ba.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-202_zpse5426dbc.jpg

After sail away my mom and Sarah decided to go to the pirate show, I stayed behind in the room and started watching The emperor's new groove.

Here are a few of the pictures that they took for me. They said it was an average show, I think it was a 15 minute short event. There were a lot of people dressed like pirates that night, including adults as well. It was a pretty cool experience.

DisneyDreamday2-215_zps92bc22ef.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-216_zps6c611e28.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-218_zpsc7bbe602.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-219_zps2bda1692.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-220_zpsbd2c8c41.jpg

They came back to the room and we finished watching the movie before dinner. I took a picture of the sunset from the room.

DisneyDreamday2-214_zps60e3972d.jpg

And this one of the moon.

DisneyDreamday2-213_zpsc1844a0a.jpg

We then got ready for dinner, and started to head down to the Royal Palace. This restaurant is supposed to be the elegant french venue.

DisneyDreamday2-222_zps8c84f5e3.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-223_zpsfa11a0ae.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-224_zps9115fec4.jpg