!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Oh gosh, that food looks fantastic. I have previously cruised on DCL in the Med and just come back from a 12 nighter in the Med with Carnival.

I do have a DCL cruise booked for next year on the Fantasy and was considering pushing it back another year to maybe try the Breeze or Allure. However your review has just reminded me how great DCL is.

I will be following the rest with interest. I have followed all your previous reviews too.

So sorry to hear about your sad loss too. I can't bear having another dog since my precious Abby died at 6 years old. My other Cavies lasted until they old dames at 14 and 15, so it was such a shock at 6.

Always nice to her from a fan, I really glad you like my reviews. Thank you for following this as well. I will be posting another set tomorrow, just have to get it ready.

I am really sorry about your dear Abby, I think I am in a very similar situation. I am not sure if I will ever be able to own another dog. There was just so much pain in this entire process. Although now I see that if I never adopted him on the first place, he would of never had two big families that loved him. It is just so hard...

Once again thank you for following along.

Glad you love then Chris, more to come :).

I really recommend you look at the Sony RX100, it is insane how amazing that camera is.

I checked it out on Best Buy's website. I may have to definitely consider it for my next live review

Edited by Bugsy4271

Gambee, more awesome pictures! 37 more days to wait until we board the Fantasy for our Western cruise!

We seem to have different taste in entertainment & restaurants. We love the shows, and Enchanted Garden is our favorite of the Dream restaurants. I can't have seafood, but have really enjoyed the prime rib in Enchanted Garden.

We haven't tried trivia on Disney. Maybe we should. DH and I would do great with 70's trivia. :D

lol, funny. Let me clarify this, the only one that hates shows is me. Everyone else loves them, I guess they are not for me. As for Enchantment, I just felt like it lacked when compared to the other two venues.

I hope you have a great time aboard the Fantasy :)

I totally agree, the mini golf was the most colorful and fun of any ship I've been on. You got some great shots of it.

Right, I am not sure why other lines don't follow the same format, and make them more colorful.

I checked it out on Best Buy's website. I may have to definitely consider it for my next live review

You should, size/quality/price ratio, I think it is the perfect blend. The more I look at the pics, the more impressed I am. Good thing I did not returned it :D.

Woohoo, I have wifi here so I can still check out your review in any spare time I have! I just wanted to say how awesome the model ship looks! I know we both like to collect them and hate the price/quality of the other lines, this one just looks awesome and the price is so great!

I decided to bring some flowers and chocolates tomorrow to the Vet office to thank them. They really did everything in their hands to help me out in my time of need. I just want to thank them for that.

Hi Gambee,

Thank you for that! I'm a German vet and certainly would appreciate a gesture like that. Being the active part in putting a patients loved pet to sleep is never something done with an easy heart. We do feel the pain of the owner as well as the need to release the suffering animal.. it's never routine.

Oh and by the way ... absolutely loving the review...those pictures are awe inspiring! Thank you for that as well!

Stef

Thank you for following along, glad you like it.

You know the funny thing was that my eggs benedict was actually pretty bad, lol. But Sarah's was amazing.

OMG that is funny!

I just saw Milo. I'm so sorry for your loss! He was such a cuty! :(

Overall it was a great meal, this was the fastest one, I believe we were out in under 50 minutes. We then headed to the room to and found this little guy on the bed. He had stolen my glasses and take possession of them. Every night they left us chocolates, actually on the last day they gave us the chocolate coins.

DisneyDreamday1-416_zps741b922b.jpg

We decided to try the aqua duck, unfortunately right before my mom was going to ride it, they closed it. However sarah and I both went on it once, it was really neat.

P8150011_zps9639baaa.jpg

We also went to Jacuzzi and relaxed there for a little while.

I took two underwater videos at different times, but I will just post them here.

Overall it was great day, although very tiring. The drive just adds much more to it… After sometime in the Jacuzzis we headed to the room and went straight to bed. That night I slept like a baby, I was exhausted.

Day 1, Ending

One thing that I did notice about this ship is that it vibrates a lot when docking early in the morning for the aft cabins. I would dare to say that possibly more than the Breakaway, if it was a port intensive itinerary on a longer cruise I might consider not getting an aft cabin. So we all woke up to a vibrating ship and this of course was a solid indication that we were arriving to Nassau.

We had no real plans for Nassau as this is not particularly a port that I like that much. My initial train of thought was that most of the passengers would leave the ship and explore the island, and leave us the ship for ourselves. Well unfortunately that was not the case, it seemed that just like me that was the same thought of the other half of the passengers. I guess that most everyone knows what a crappy port Nassau is and that we all had a better chance at a much more productive day aboard a Disney ship.

So since we had no real plans we were in no rush to do anything per say. So we slowly got up and headed towards the balcony to see what all the commotion was about.

The Breeze was already docked there and they were testing some of the life boats.

DisneyDreamday2-1_zps43dddc52.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-2_zps6d4fd818.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-3_zpsd5e9c264.jpg

They pulled the flag up right after they tied the ship.

DisneyDreamday2-4_zps5a09214b.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-7_zpse4990f75.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-5_zpsaafe55a8.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-6_zpsc435615d.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-8_zps7dbc693f.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-9_zpsd06a51f1.jpg

The Dream is a gorgeous ship, I think everyone stopped and either pointed or got pictures of it. I still do believe that the Breeze has nice lines, but it is just no match for the Dream.

DisneyDreamday2-10_zps0fcd8620.jpg

I guess we got ready, I think Sarah and my mom showered while I just relaxed on the balcony for a little while. We did have to get off the ship so my mom could call her mom in Colombia and let her know that everything was ok with us. I really did not want to get off the ship at all, I really hate being approached by all the vendors in Nassau and it was also excruciatingly hot that day. But none the less it had to be done, and I did not want to let her get off alone. The ironic thing is that she will be in Nassau without me in a month aboard the NCL Sky, so go figure that one out. But I guess it is out of my control so there is nothing I can there.

At this moment I also want to point out that the Disney Dream had a lot more power outlets than other ships I been on. I think 3 or 4. In addition to that, Disney is not overly focused on turning all the light off your cabin every time you leave. Although we did, but at night when you come back, the lights are on for you and everything nicely setup. I do recall a few times on the Breakaway our steward removed the dummy card to cut the power to the room.

I was also very happy with the AC of the room, it was always kept at a very comfortable temperature. I rarely had to play with the settings, and my mom was always comfortable as well. She is always complaining on other ships how cold she is.

I am sorry that I type randomly like this, but on this cruise I took zero notes, so I am typing as I remind myself about something via pictures.

So anyway I guess soon enough we were ready to leave. I also noticed that this is the first cruise line that they had a different vacuum cleaner. I also think that this one might be a lot easier to move around those tight rooms. I will also note that in the corridor carpets there were a few stains on them. It must really hard to get them out, I think a couple of them were wine or coffee. Nothing horrible, but noticeable.

DisneyDreamday2-11_zps6b55a756.jpg

We made our way up to the buffet and I took a video and pictures of the food there. A very nice selection,

Here is a short video of the breakfast buffet, just click on the small picture

DisneyDreamday2-14_zps3276c827.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-15_zps309f1029.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-16_zpseb660316.jpg

I am not sure if you notice, but there is much more food on my plate than my usual servings. I think I been slowly expanding my stomach and now I eat more…

Something that I was not very happy about were the mini itti bitty sofa/juice glasses that they offer in the morning. I always drink a lot of liquids, and I think I could possibly drink about 5 of those per seating. I decided to use the coffee the mugs for all my liquids since they were slightly larger.

DisneyDreamday2-31_zpsfa882d33.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-30_zps1bd73335.jpg

After a nice breakfast we made our way to deck 2 to disembark the ship. As mentioned before mom needed to call my grand mother to check on her. I took a few pictures on the way out.

DisneyDreamday2-33_zps84fcc577.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-34_zps99c1f4ad.jpg

My favorite restaurant!

DisneyDreamday2-35_zps7323459c.jpg

Edited by gambee

Once out of the gates, you're bombarded by people offering their services. A quick no thank you gets them off your back. Not as bad as Jamaica, but definitely not that good either. Nassau is really a so so port, unless you leave this area I really don't see a reason to leave the ship. I think my mom is going straight to the Marriott when she goes there on october.

Anyway, we went looking for the same place that we used the internet on our last time in Nassau. After a few minutes we found it.

DisneyDreamday2-47_zps060707ab.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-48_zps658154fd.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-49_zps9a9af6b1.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-50_zps7b775fad.jpg

There it is, I think the two phone calls cost her a few bucks.

DisneyDreamday2-51_zpsba5ec672.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-52_zps83c8690d.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-53_zpsbe384079.jpg

Soon after the two phone calls, we left to board the ship again. On the way there my mom bought a T-shirt for a family member back in Colombia. And we also stopped in the main port building as they have free internet in that area. But for some reason my phone kept dropping the signal, so we quickly made our back into the ship.

DisneyDreamday2-54_zpsda327183.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-55_zps23de71c7.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-56_zps0acd9ce1.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-57_zps8789c6de.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-58_zps49768e7e.jpg

Back inside the ship we went to the room to change to head up to the pool. That day was spent mostly relaxing and drinking by the pool. Well I lie, and also lots of people watching :D.

DisneyDreamday2-67_zpsfaf532b8.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-68_zps62f387da.jpg

The following set of pictures were taken with the Olympus underwater camera. I think most of them actually came out really nice, a definite improvement over my old Sony TX20

DisneyDreamday2-70_zps4c8a750a.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-71_zpsffe4a620.jpg

Here is a short Video of me walking through the pool area to the adult area. You can see how crowded the ship was on a port day.

Later noticed the Carnival sensation arriving. I am not really sure why it took them so long to get there, maybe the Dream is much faster? But I must say that it was about 2-3 hours later than us. I have to say that I am not a fan of this class of ships, they just look very dated, but I imagine they are anyway. The balconies really look out of place, but I guess it was the only way they managed to add them.

DisneyDreamday2-72_zpsa00f7419.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-73_zps9c1fd0f7.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-74_zpsd4f4167c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-76_zps05acf89b.jpg