FYI Sapphire Trans Pacific cancelled for 5/18

spyro1952

I logged on to my cruise personalizer this am and noticed that the Sapphire TP was cancelled for 5/18/14 and moved up to 4/4/14. I wasn't notified nor do I think anyone on the roll call was notified. The original May cruise was still showing in my cruise personalizer last night at 9:30 PM. Customer relations said everyone was notified on the 13th??? Not me :mad:. They are offering extra OBC to stay on the cruise but the new dates now don't work for me.

Of course I had plane tickets booked so I asked for that extra OBC to be awarded to another cruise, the CR person did say to send them my documentation and a letter and she would try to move it so I can get the money back for putting my FF miles back in my account. We'll see what happens.

And the just received August issue of the Captain's Circle magazine still shows all the originally planned sailings from April 4 to your cancelled cruise.

Spoke with customer relations this am because none of us on the roll call were ever notified and the original cruise was still on my page up until last night and they said we were all sent emails on 8/13. None of us are very happy today with Princess.

So sorry to hear that the cancelled the cruise on you. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Have they moved the dates or just shelved it all together?

They've moved the dates and changed the itinerary... it doesn't appear that the website has been updated as of yet...

So sorry to hear that the cancelled the cruise on you. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Have they moved the dates or just shelved it all together?

They've moved the dates and changed the itinerary... it doesn't appear that the website has been updated as of yet...

They moved the dates but customer relations said they emailed everyone on the 13th but no one on the roll call knew about this so I doubt an email was sent and my cruise personalizer still listed it at 9:30 MT last night. :eek:

We were NOT notified on the 13th!!!! Found out today when we received an e-mail with the new booking confirmation. Fortunately we had not yet booked our flights. Unfortunately the itinerary has changed. The ports that we were wanting have now been cancelled. We could have handled the change of dates, and the extra OBC was nice, but with the change in ports we decided to cancel. Earlier in the week I did notice that the cruise was suddenly showing 'sold out' do I thought there must be a change coming.

We were NOT notified on the 13th!!!! Found out today when we received an e-mail with the new booking confirmation. Fortunately we had not yet booked our flights. Unfortunately the itinerary has changed. The ports that we were wanting have now been cancelled. We could have handled the change of dates, and the extra OBC was nice, but with the change in ports we decided to cancel. Earlier in the week I did notice that the cruise was suddenly showing 'sold out' do I thought there must be a change coming.

Can you please share what the itinerary looks like now?

Someone on the rollcall mentions that from Iwo Jima, it will go to Taipei, Okinawa, Shanghai, Kagoshima, and finally Osaka. Definitely, not an improvement unless you want to end up in Osaka. In addition, this is 2nd hand information so don't make plans with this information just yet.

Someone on the rollcall mentions that from Iwo Jima, it will go to Taipei, Okinawa, Shanghai, Kagoshima, and finally Osaka. Definitely, not an improvement unless you want to end up in Osaka. In addition, this is 2nd hand information so don't make plans with this information just yet.

Thanks for the information. The bit that was of interested to me was they had moved the cruise forward by over a month. Whether it ends in Shanghai or Osaka is not a biggie for me.

Archived