Cruise Ambassador

Powriv

Most of us know of John Heald and what he seems to be able to do for passengers going on cruises.

Do you think NCL passengers would benefit by someone like this with their own blog and FB page? Is there someone that is working now that could be good at the job?

I hope NCL doesn't put anyone in that type of postition! First of all it sounds like all the passengers USE him to get 'extras', better tables, freebies etc.

Second, I don't use Facebook so its a non-starter for me, I'd rather have NCL address the Cruise Critic forum rather than have some puffed-up "Brand Ambassador" spewing the company line.

Most of us know of John Heald and what he seems to be able to do for passengers going on cruises.

Do you think NCL passengers would benefit by someone like this with their own blog and FB page? Is there someone that is working now that could be good at the job?

Never heard of him.

No clue who he is

Suzanne

NCL has someone or (someone's?), that supposedly monitor this board on CC, and sometimes will address a hot issue under discussion, but not always....

To my observation, it seems that they will only address an issue that they have a solution for.....otherwise they seem to ignore it......

Just sayin'..........

In addition, I have read some posts from a CC member here that says they have a part -time job on NCL's site to answer questions for novice cruiser's.....and that there are several in that position.....

Never heard of him. But NCL Public Relations are already working social media. They maintain the FB page, and comment on CC occasionally.

Edited by sjbdtz

I don't think we need any more useless company line info - NCL does have some customer service monitoring of this board and that seems to be effective in some cases. They also send out customer surveys after every cruise which I am sure they are reviewing for customer input.

And after reading that hilarious bacon rationing thread, what good is that guy anyway? I would rather have "bacon on demand" than another mouth piece for the cruise lines:D

• 6 years later...

My hubby and I are Ambassadors with NCL.  No, we are not “rich” although both worked a lot of years and saved.  Started with the Norway many years ago.  Prefer to book a balcony, but basically that’s it.    Although we have cruised a few other lines, NCL is our choice!  Why?  Basically, it’s the crew - both Officers and Staff.  They are the BEST!  Is everything always perfect - No.  Do they do their best (within reason) to fix it - yes.  I was in marketing, I know the field.  I once had a Cruise Director say to me, “Is the customer always right?  The answer is No”.  As a pleaser, that answer took me by surprise.  But the answer is correct once I thought about it.  Can all be pleased - No. However, if NCL wanted someone to speak for them as a passenger, I’d be there!

10 hours ago, jingle5616 said:

There is only one person at NCL who could possibly be warm and cuddly enough for the job......Frank Del Rio!  He can win the masses with his charming and accommodating personality!

That would be my vote.  And like this seven year old thread, he's been around about that long.

It's unfortunate so many of us haven't heard of him!  If you cruise Carnival at all and are active online you know and follow him. He was their Chief of Cruise Directors and now their Brand Ambassador.  He provides a seriously great connection from the company to its customers through social media.  He has improved transparency and facilitated discussions about issues and controversial topics.  He has made a huge difference helping people understand what is going on week to week during the Pandemic.

What do we get from NCL?  Pretty pictures of GSC and "we can't wait to be here again" messages.  

I would encourage you to pop into a place-that-shall-not-be-named and search for "John Heald" and read his last couple weeks' posts.  You'll wish NCL did the same.

By the way, I vote for no-nonsense Vuk, GM of Hotel from the Breakaway!