Nolan Dean

tanny18

We were with him for 21 days last year on Regatta. Sitraveler does sum it up rather well.

He does take his trivia seriously, as opposed to some cruise lines I've been on that just read the questions that the home office gives them.

If you have an issue with an answer and you will take it up with him AFTER the game he is open to looking it up.

Some people, especially him, think he's a good singer. I have no real opinion on that though.

Nolan was our CD for 35 days on our B2B cruises Down Under last year. We enjoyed trivia with him and felt he was fair, although he gave nothing away ~

you will need to earn your Big O points. If he does his lounge show one evening, in Horizons after the "big" show, be sure to go. We found him to be very talented and entertaining.

Harriet

Had Nolan on Baltic. He was great. Good sense of humor, approachable. A lot of the CD's brush you off. They are courteous, but he really is nice.

We enjoyed seeing him through the ship, and he was very open to talk to.

You will really like him.

Just found out Nolan Dean will be CD on our Regatta Panama Canal cruise in December so have enjoyed reading about him on this thread. Thanks for everyone's comments.

What are Big O points and how are they earned other than at Trivia?

Mary

Big O points can be earned for any number of activities: trivia, golf, putting, shuffleboard, daily quiz, etc. etc. It does take quite a few to earn some products--book marks, t-shirts, hats, etc. etc.

Kind of fun. We try but we don't usually get a lot. This time we won a bunch for the quizes. It used to be that if you participated you got O points, but they haven't done that lately. Wish they would for at least participating. Not all of us are "winners." ;) but we are "participators.":rolleyes:

The personalized cruise ticket booklet lists the CD and Captain.

Harry

Thanks Harry, for the straight answer:) My first "O" cruise end of October, so I am guessing I will get the booklet sometime in the next month...

Nolan did sing a respectable version of Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl.

But like Van, he was off the radar (on the second cruise we did with him) between appearances. On the first cruise, he was more visible.

Harry

Agree w/ Spindrift. We were also on the Baltic cruise and found him funny and very approachable. He wants you to truly enjoy your cruise experience. "Remember, the Russian passport people all have guns!"

Archived